Non-Transferrable Ticket : Impossible to Enforce?

Seeing how these tickets are simple Apple Wallet tickets, what is to stop folks from simply texting a screen grab of the “Non-Transferrable” ticket.

I use screen grabs of Apple Wallet Boarding passes all the time and they work just fine. Zero chance Wrigley or Fenways scanners don’t work the same. There isn’t even a name on the ticket to verify against an ID. 

IMO the non-transferable tickets are much ado about nothing, IMO
Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18 /  Ottawa '22 / Quebec City '22 / Nashville '22 / St Louis '22

Strong 2nd Amendment supporter and advocate targeted methods of reducing gun violence, sans-infringement. 

Comments

• mattsavardmattsavard Posts: 518
    (Before I get attacked, my GF and I will be using my two tickets for both night at Wrigley, but I suspect ticket sales/trading will be unaffected by this policy) 
    Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18 /  Ottawa '22 / Quebec City '22 / Nashville '22 / St Louis '22

Strong 2nd Amendment supporter and advocate targeted methods of reducing gun violence, sans-infringement. 
  • Amheide84Amheide84 Posts: 4
    Thought the same thing. Stubhub even has mobile upload due to the popularity of this form of ticket to stop bots from getting them all. Not really sure what is stopping people?
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617
    edited July 2018
    They buyer definitely has a large risk when buying a screen shotted ticket, and I think thats the big way they would try to defer people

But yes, seems impossible to enforce if the buyer is willing to take that risk.

I still love the idea of the mobile tickets.  Saves me having to worry about stopping by will call and it makes trading singles much easier than having to coordinate a meet up.  Hope they keep this mobile ticketing system in the future.
    Post edited by Weston1283 on
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • abaum25abaum25 Posts: 30
    Once in the building I wonder if you could pay to trade seats with other ten club members by doing the screen shot method.

the only thing you need to post on a secondary market is the barcode and the seat location. that's it. I'm sure we will see more on places like stubhub, etc. at some point. I agree, I personally like mobile tix for my own use, especially given the turnout for PJ shows. The merch line takes up enough of my time lol.

• BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    They buyer definitely has a large risk when buying a screen shotted ticket, and I think thats the big way they would try to defer people

But yes, seems impossible to enforce if the buyer is willing to take that risk.

I still love the idea of the mobile tickets.  Saves me having to worry about stopping by will call and it makes trading singles much easier than having to coordinate a meet up.  Hope they keep this mobile ticketing system in the future.
    I think it’s excellent and I hope it continues as well. Sure it’s probably impossible to enforce but the truth is that in the 10C I really believe that most of us will not abuse the system. This makes trading singles among members so much easier and in the end that is usually what is going on.
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617
    Amheide84 said:

the only thing you need to post on a secondary market is the barcode and the seat location. that's it. I'm sure we will see more on places like stubhub, etc. at some point. I agree, I personally like mobile tix for my own use, especially given the turnout for PJ shows. The merch line takes up enough of my time lol.

Having the tickets electronic also makes it a lot easier for 10c to track who has what seats, and easier for them to identify ticket scalpers and cancel their memberships
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,053
    I really love mobile ticketing EXCEPT for the fact that I love even more having a physical ticket as a keepsake.  I have photo albums and envelopes full of stubs and it's fun every now and then to go through them.  

And yes I know I can just print a copy of these and add them to my collection, but you get what I mean. 
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
    Yeah I try to save all my stubs too. Only downfall in my opinion
  • EddieredderEddieredder Posts: 684
    Amheide84 said:

Having the tickets electronic also makes it a lot easier for 10c to track who has what seats, and easier for them to identify ticket scalpers and cancel their memberships
    Great point. 
    To really make it work right they need to have something moving on the ticket like a bar sliding back and forth, or some type of moving graphic. I've seen it done for some mobile sports tickets. Until then, screenshots are as good as gold. 
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,374
    Amheide84 said:

This.  The ten club will drop the hammer on any memberships they find reselling tickets. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,620

Hope GA doesn't find itself with lots of extra people.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,864
    I assume they will be doing wristbands upon the initial scan for GA. Should be OK.

Transferred tickets are being assigned to a name so they can check for ID when they scan you in. They checked ID for Waldbühne with paper tickets.
  • The problem with the system is the scalpers are going to realize the seats are sell-able and will sign up for 10C memberships in droves.  Good for the 10C and the band as it will generate a lot of extra $$$, but bad for the rest of us as far as getting through the lottery.  I expect much more lottery competition going forward.
    Gorge
  • RyanRyan Posts: 1,012
    BS44325 said:

Transferred tickets are being assigned to a name so they can check for ID when they scan you in. They checked ID for Waldbühne with paper tickets.
    In Krakow they checked my ID.  In Berlin, they did not.  I also attended Radiohead and U2 shows last year where it said ID would be checked to match the ticket, and they did not check ID.  I think this is a tough thing to enforce for ushers/security especially with large crowds and large lineups of people in a rush to get into a venue.  
    2003 - June 15 Fargo
    2005 - Sept 1 George, Sept 8 Winnipeg
    2006 - May 9/10 Toronto, June 26/27 St. Paul, July 22/23 George, Oct 21/22 Mountain View
    2007 - Aug 2/5 Chicago
    2008 - June 22 Washington, June 24/25 New York
    2009 - Aug 21 Toronto, Aug 23/24 Chicago, Sept 21/22 Seattle, Oct 27/28/30/31 Philadelphia
    2010 - May 15 Hartford, May 17 Boston, Oct 23/24 Mountain View
    2011 - Sept 3/4 Alpine Valley, Sept 11/12 Toronto, Sept 17 Winnipeg, Sept 19 Saskatoon
    2012 - Sept 30 Missoula
    2013 - July 16 London, July 19 Chicago, Oct 12 Buffalo, Dec 2 Calgary, Dec 4 Vancouver, Dec 6 Seattle
    2014 - Oct 16 Detroit, Oct 19 St. Paul, Oct 20 Milwaukee
    2015 - Sept 23 (Colbert)/Sept 26, New York
    2016 - Apr 28/29 Philadelphia, May 10/12 Toronto, Aug 20/22 Chicago
    The problem with the system is the scalpers are going to realize the seats are sell-able and will sign up for 10C memberships in droves.  Good for the 10C and the band as it will generate a lot of extra $$$, but bad for the rest of us as far as getting through the lottery.  I expect much more lottery competition going forward.
    I guarantee they already do this now. 
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,989
    I hope the bros who need to sit their crew together, don't wind up in my row.  One legit ticket and 5 screenshots all assigned to the same seat so there are a bunch of extra people in a row.  The absolute worst.
  • PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    edited July 2018
    CopperTom said:
    I hope the bros who need to sit their crew together, don't wind up in my row.  One legit ticket and 5 screenshots all assigned to the same seat so there are a bunch of extra people in a row.  The absolute worst.
    Once the ticket is scanned by the usher, doesn’t that void a copy or screenshot for someone else from trying to use it again, or am I missing something...
    Post edited by PP193448 on
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,989
    PP193448 said:
    CopperTom said:
    Once the ticket is scanned, doesn’t that void a copy or screenshot for someone trying to use it again, or am I missing something...
    They get in the door with their nosebleed ticket.  Then they upgrade with the screenshot.  It'll look legit to the usher.
  • The problem with the system is the scalpers are going to realize the seats are sell-able and will sign up for 10C memberships in droves.  Good for the 10C and the band as it will generate a lot of extra $$$, but bad for the rest of us as far as getting through the lottery.  I expect much more lottery competition going forward.
    I guarantee they already do this now. 
    Right, but this will be so much worse.  Now you can sign up via the lottery for every show on tour and not have to leave your mom's basement to deliver the tickets.  Just the way modern day scalpers like it.
    Gorge
  • jdopjjdopj Posts: 646
    PP193448 said:
    CopperTom said:
    Once the ticket is scanned, doesn’t that void a copy or screenshot for someone else from trying to use it again, or am I missing something...
    Yes but they can have shit seats and than try to sit somewhere else with a screen shot 
    Until I call security over of course
    edited July 2018
    CopperTom said:
    PP193448 said:
    CopperTom said:
    Once the ticket is scanned, doesn’t that void a copy or screenshot for someone trying to use it again, or am I missing something...
    They get in the door with their nosebleed ticket.  Then they upgrade with the screenshot.  It'll look legit to the usher.
    Yeah.  I see your point. That could be a big problem with GA, but there will be wristbands.
    Post edited by PP193448 on
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • PP193448 said:
    CopperTom said:
    Once the ticket is scanned by the usher, doesn’t that void a copy or screenshot for someone else from trying to use it again, or am I missing something...

Yes - you cannot scan the same barcode/QR code more than once.
    Gorge
    People seem to be overthinking this alot. The ticket is on a phone. Thats the only difference. Same function. Different deliveryCopperTom said:

Call the usher and they will want to see five different seat numbers. No different than paper tickets.  
    People seem to be overthinking this alot. The ticket is on a phone. Thats the only difference. Same function. Different deliveryCopperTom said:

Call the usher and they will want to see five different seat numbers. No different than paper tickets.  
    This
    PP193448 said:
    CopperTom said:
    PP193448 said:
    CopperTom said:
    Yeah.  I see your point. That could be a big problem with GA, but there will be wristbands.
    Wristbands + tickets are the differentiator. But think about it. That can be manipulated with paper tix too. The ticket being on a phone doesn't change that. 

Or call Usher

https://youtu.be/GxBSyx85Kp8
  • hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,055
    PP193448 said:
    CopperTom said:
    PP193448 said:
    CopperTom said:
    You've apparently never seen people slip off the wristband of a partner and go out have their friends slide it on as they enter The pit with that partner's ticket and wristband. 
This discussion has been closed.