Donald Trump

Comments

• OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,822
    mfc2006 said:
    Trump talking at 2 about the Putin meeting. My guess is he will sound a lot tougher since he's not in the same room as his handler and after enduring 24 hours of mostly negative press. What a weak, spineless, little bitch.
    You know he will sound tougher. Then he’ll leave and call Vlad and apologize.
    If you think he is waiting to talk to Putin till after you are a moron ;)

Putin will ok whatever he says before he says it.
    "Vlad...I gotta act a little bit tough.  Some of them are on to us. Even some MAGAs have wavered."
    "Nyet!  MAGAs will stick with you.  You praise me or I show tape."

This is a guy who cannot hide how important being popular is to him.  Yesterday was probably the worst day he's had from that standpoint in his entire life.  The natural response would be for him to come out saying we misunderstood him and take a shot at Russia.  Or at least say that he has more faith in his own country than Vlad.  If he comes out today and continues to praise Vlad, how can anyone doubt he's working for Vlad?  
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,604
    OnWis97 said:
    mfc2006 said:
    Trump talking at 2 about the Putin meeting. My guess is he will sound a lot tougher since he's not in the same room as his handler and after enduring 24 hours of mostly negative press. What a weak, spineless, little bitch.

"Vlad...I gotta act a little bit tough.  Some of them are on to us. Even some MAGAs have wavered."

This is a guy who cannot hide how important being popular is to him.  Yesterday was probably the worst day he's had from that standpoint in his entire life.  The natural response would be for him to come out saying we misunderstood him and take a shot at Russia.  Or at least say that he has more faith in his own country than Vlad.  If he comes out today and continues to praise Vlad, how can anyone doubt he's working for Vlad?  
    Supporter have eaten the poop sandwich already, saying this is his planned tactic of appearing cooperative and placating on the surface, but behind the scenes he is taking a hard line. It’s bizzaro world. 
    edited July 2018
    Apoligies if this has been posted.

I think this piece lays it out perfectly; though it's been true since (before) inauguration.

It's simple.  He's either a conscious tool or a useful idiot.  I think the former, but either way, it's on Russia's behalf.

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2018/07/moment-of-decision/565289/
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,275
    OnWis97 said:
    mfc2006 said:

So if he came out today and said i missunderstood Putin everything would be ok and good to go there is nothing he can say now for anyone not to believe he's in bed with Putin it's way beyond that now ! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    OnWis97 said:
    mfc2006 said:

So if he came out today and said i missunderstood Putin everything would be ok and good to go there is nothing he can say now for anyone not to believe he's in bed with Putin it's way beyond that now ! 
    The MAGAs are looking to validate him.  And so is the GOP.
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,790
    brianlux said:
    NewJPage said:
    "Bravo Trump! Bravo Russia!  ...Russia has values America once had and America the values that Communist Russia had!"

It's funny that Duke would categorize Russia as if this is how the average person there thinks.  I don't know this for a fact, but I'd be willing to bet there are a huge number of Russian citizens that think Putin and Trump are both full of crap just like many of us do.  We characterize countries by the kind of people that run them, often forgetting that a good many of those people do not fit that description at all.  I learned this well when I met a Russian interpreter who was at a party I attended back in the 80's.  This fellow had come over from Russia with some of his fellow Russians who were business people negotiating the sell off of Russian goods at the time of the fall of the USSR.  I quickly found that this Russian interpreter and I had a lot in common as regular guys, citizens of two seemingly disparate countries who shared a lot of the same feelings.  We sat up all night talking and drinking coffee.  It was a revelation.

These are the Russian values the GOP holds so dear : 

They want an oligarchy, not a democracy.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gye8ukFO-9s

WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,265
    oh he said "would" when he really meant to say "wouldn't". Well now that changes everything.... NOT
    I miss igotid88
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
  • MayDay10 said:

A tough one for the poor guy to figure out.

He was probably panicking at the idea of his teeny weeny little hands- nary a callous on them- coming into contact with the other hands (all of which are of the normal variety). He didn't expect to be exposed.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Didn't he go on Hannity last night and double down on Russia wasn't behind the hacks? Am I missing something? How many times did he misspeak yesterday?
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,661
    MayDay10 said:

He was probably panicking at the idea of his teeny weeny little hands- nary a callous on them- coming into contact with the other hands (all of which are of the normal variety). He didn't expect to be exposed.
    LOL!

You put your right hand in
    You put your left foot in
    You put your...

ahhh, how's that go?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

dignin said:
    Didn't he go on Hannity last night and double down on Russia wasn't behind the hacks? Am I missing something? How many times did he misspeak yesterday?
    It's all good now after his clarification we really need to understand him and take him at his word lol this is absurd he actually believes this country if full of dummies and i tend to believe him ...
  • brianlux said:
    MayDay10 said:

LOL!

You put your...

ahhh, how's that go?

Oh oh...

Sounds like our senior statesman might be in trouble here too lol!
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
  • KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
  • vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
    i've had enough.
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
    he looks scared
  • Kat said:

Tough to tell whether McDonald's crossed arms are indicative of smugness or insecurity?

Any human being with even a remote level of EI would have to be questioning their performance if they were in McDonald's shoes. If he wasn't so despicable... I'd feel sorry for him. He's obviously grossly underqualified for the job he is required to do. Who gave him it?
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,661
    brianlux said:
    MayDay10 said:

LOL!

You put your...

ahhh, how's that go?

Oh oh...

Sounds like our senior statesman might be in trouble here too lol!
    :lol:

It's 'cause I once did the herky jerky and and it turned my head upside down.  That's what it's all about.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,816
    edited July 2018
    Not too much going positive for president trump. Is it possible for him to get even worse?
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    he deserves everything that's coming his way he's a despicable human being i don't feel sorry for him at all , and everything this country has coming our way we deserve our elections were hacked andf nobody cared enough to put a stop to it we deserve everything this idiot does or doesn't do we are screwed and now we have a country that's doing its bidding for a dictator in Putin you mine as well change our name from AMERICA to Little Russia if you voted for Baffoon you voted for a Russian hack .....
    time for another rally.  fucking idiot country
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    unsung said:
    vaggar99 said:
    Laughing about Obama people now caring about treason.
    Wait a minute, so you cared about treason during Obama admin and don't now?  
    Of course I do, let me know when Trump drone strikes a US citizen without due process and I'll agree on the charge.

Please tell me this direction isn't based on Brennan's opinion.

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,506
    edited July 2018
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    vaggar99 said:
    Of course I do, let me know when Trump drone strikes a US citizen without due process and I'll agree on the charge.

That isn't treason at all.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    PJ_Soul said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    vaggar99 said:

Yeah, it is.  Good day.
    edited July 2018
    unsung said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    vaggar99 said:

Yeah, it is.  Good day.
    Okay, whatever you say!

Eight-year-old American girl 'killed in Yemen raid approved by Trump'

President Donald Trump personally approved a US commando raid in Yemen that left one elite serviceman dead and may have killed an eight-year-old American girl, the US military has told the Guardian.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/feb/01/yemen-strike-eight-year-old-american-girl-killed-al-awlaki
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    So you're anti-Trump now, right unsung?
    PJ_Soul said:
    So you're anti-Trump now, right unsung?

...only anti-critical thinking...
    Yeah, well, if unsung looks at irresponsible drone use so negatively, Trump has to be the last guy he'd ever consider supporting in any way, lol.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/03/trump-deadly-drone-policy-ngos-180307204617166.html

Trump must make known 'deadly' changes to US drone policy: NGOs

US drone attacks in Iraq and Syria shot up 50 percent while civilian deaths rose 215 percent from 2016 to 2017.

A group of nongovernmental organisations called on the Trump administration to clarify its policy on drone use, saying they are concerned about reported changes to US rules and a lack of transparency in the decision-making process.

"We are deeply concerned that the reported new policy, combined with this administration's reported dramatic increase in lethal operations in Yemen and Somalia, will add to an increase in unlawful killings and in civilian casualties," a joint statement said.

This discussion has been closed.