Options

Wrigley GA Line

KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
IMPORTANT: Due to changes in security protocols around Wrigley Field, the city of Chicago and Wrigley Field have asked that the GA line is not permitted to form anywhere in the neighborhood prior to 8am on show day. The line will be able to start forming at 8am in the parking lot across from Murphy’s Bleachers located at the corner of Sheffield and Waveland.

Sorry campers!
Columbus-2000
Columbus-2003
Cincinnati-2006
Columbus-2010
Wrigley-2013
Cincinnati-2014
Lexington-2016
Wrigley 1 & 2-2018

Comments

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,001
    I think they’ll have a hard time enforcing that
  • Options
    Rival178Rival178 Posts: 608
    mace1229 said:
    I think they’ll have a hard time enforcing that
    Yup, dang near impossible.
  • Options
    chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,438
    Sweet! See you all at 7:59 AM
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754
    Going to be chaos trying to sort that line out at 8:00am. 
  • Options
    mickcaseymickcasey Posts: 90
    The merchandise line will be a mile long starting....now. 
  • Options
    Rival178Rival178 Posts: 608
    mickcasey said:
    The merchandise line will be a mile long starting....now. 
    2 miles.
  • Options
    spk5512spk5512 Posts: 9
    This was the first concert I planned to camp out at the day before, so I'm disappointed to see we can't. I understand the security protocol but I worry about an unofficial line or lines forming prior to 8am and the chaos. I would still like to camp out.
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    PJNB said:
    Going to be chaos trying to sort that line out at 8:00am. 
    Yes it will. 
  • Options
    Gtilley8Gtilley8 Detroit Posts: 985
    spk5512 said:
    This was the first concert I planned to camp out at the day before, so I'm disappointed to see we can't. I understand the security protocol but I worry about an unofficial line or lines forming prior to 8am and the chaos. I would still like to camp out.
    An unofficial line is just that.  Unofficial.  My over under on how many we see is 6.  
    2000 - 8/21 - Columbus, OH
    2003 - 6/18 - Chicago, IL
    2006 - 5/22 - Auburn Hills, MI
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL
    2015 - 9/26 - New York, NY
    2016 - 4/16 - Greenville, SC; 8/20 - Chicago, IL; 8/22 - Chicago, IL
    2018 - 8/18 - Chicago, IL; 8/20 - Chicago, IL

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3045
  • Options
    faithful2youfaithful2you Madison, WI Posts: 778
    spk5512 said:
    There will be so many unofficial lines forming in alleys and around the neighborhood......I expect a lot of drama

Like a word misplaced...nothing said...what a waste
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,874
    spk5512 said:
    There will be so many unofficial lines forming in alleys and around the neighborhood......I expect a lot of drama

Absolutely. So glad I m gonna enjoy my day in Chicago and walk into ga about 15 minutes before pj goes on and still have a better spot than 95% of the crowd. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    faithful2youfaithful2you Madison, WI Posts: 778
    mcgruff10 said:
    spk5512 said:

Absolutely. So glad I m gonna enjoy my day in Chicago and walk into ga about 15 minutes before pj goes on and still have a better spot than 95% of the crowd. 
    Unless you want to be in the first 3-5 rows of GA.....there's no need to wait in line.  We had friends that walked in the GA entrance in '16 within 30 minutes of show time that ended up about 8 rows deep from the rail.   To me, unless you need to be on the rail, why camp out?  
    Like a word misplaced...nothing said...what a waste
  • Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    mcgruff10 said:
    spk5512 said:

Unless you want to be in the first 3-5 rows of GA.....there's no need to wait in line.  We had friends that walked in the GA entrance in '16 within 30 minutes of show time that ended up about 8 rows deep from the rail.   To me, unless you need to be on the rail, why camp out?  
    This has always been my experience. I’ve been as close as 2-3 from rail on mikes side doing this. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    spk5512 said:

• Options
    I was hoping to have my first rail experience!
  • Options
    I just wrote 1 on the top of my hand with a sharpie 
  • Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,236
    Hopefully this will be the one time PJ/10 club is present for the line. This is gonna need some serious authority or were gonna see grown people act like toddlers.
  • Options
    andyfarrimondandyfarrimond Posts: 1,962
    mcgruff10 said:
    spk5512 said:

My plan exactly!
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,874
    mcgruff10 said:
    spk5512 said:

My plan exactly!
    Great minds think alike!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    tup30tup30 Posts: 115
    we watched the GA fill in '16 from LF rooftop.  I think Andy has a solid plan. 
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,928
    Got GA as well, gonna enjoy the Wishlist parties beforehand instead of waiting in line all day. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    IgotshitIDIgotshitID St.john's Newfoundland Posts: 894
    mcgruff10 said:
    spk5512 said:

So if you get in line around 3 hours before show time you should be roughly row 5 or 6 I would think? 
    St.John's 9/24/2005
    St.John's 9/25/2005
    Toronto 9/11/2011
    Toronto 9/12/2011
    Quebec City 5/5/2016
    Ottawa 5/8/2016
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Shit just got real - added GA tickets to my virtual wallet!!!
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    What people don't think about is that Wrigleyville is a family neighborhood with, well, families.  My in-laws lived in Wrigleyville.  It's spendy to live there and I'm sure that they don't want the family atmosphere to be turned into a week long party. I don't blame them at all.  

People will be queuing in the alleys? Pretty sure, no. That is how people get in and out of their garages. Kids play in the yards bordering the alleys. I just don't see that happening. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,763
    Hopefully this will be the one time PJ/10 club is present for the line. This is gonna need some serious authority or were gonna see grown people act like toddlers.
    I will refrain from making any any remarks regarding the current White House administration. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,763
    mcgruff10 said:
    spk5512 said:

Thanks to our exchanges several months ago, I decided on the same plan of attack. Ain't nobody got time for lines! Thanks for the tip!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    Rock_Princess_18Rock_Princess_18 Chicago, IL Posts: 304
    KC138045 said:
    IMPORTANT: Due to changes in security protocols around Wrigley Field, the city of Chicago and Wrigley Field have asked that the GA line is not permitted to form anywhere in the neighborhood prior to 8am on show day. The line will be able to start forming at 8am in the parking lot across from Murphy’s Bleachers located at the corner of Sheffield and Waveland.

Sorry campers!
    This is gonna be a mess  :o
    "All the things that others want for me.. can't buy what I want because it's free!"

9/13/2005 Hamilton, ON; 9/19/2005 Toronto, ON; 5/10/2006 Toronto, ON; 6/23/2006 Pittsburgh, PA; 8/5/2007 Chicago, IL; 6/24/2008 New York, NY; 6/25/2008 New York, NY; 8/21/2009 Toronto, ON; 8/23/2009 Chicago, IL; 8/24/2009 Chicago, IL; 5/9/2010 Cleveland, OH; 5/10/2010 Buffalo, NY; 5/20/2010 New York, NY; 5/21/2010 New York, NY; 9/3/2011 Alpine Valley, WI; 9/4/2011 Alpine Valley, WI; 9/11/2011 Toronto, ON; 9/12/2011 Toronto, ON; 9/15/2011 Hamilton, ON; 9/2/2012 Philadelphia, PA; 10/12/2013 Buffalo, NY; 10/18/2013 Brooklyn, NY; 10/19/2013 Brooklyn, NY; 10/17/2014 Moline, IL; 10/20/2014 Milwaukee, WI; 4/18/2016 Hampton, VA; 4/21/2016 Columbia, SC; 5/1/2016 New York, NY; 5/2/2016 New York, NY; 8/20/2016 Chicago, IL; 8/22/2016 Chicago, IL
  • Options
    wbutler29wbutler29 Posts: 911
    Worse things. We’ll have to enjoy best city in the country for a day or two
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,358
    mcgruff10 said:
    spk5512 said:

Thanks to our exchanges several months ago, I decided on the same plan of attack. Ain't nobody got time for lines! Thanks for the tip!
    Yep..no lining up necessary ....almost all the crowd behind you so who cares
  • Options
    What’s the situation looking less than 72 hours prior to Wrigley 1? Anyone trying to stake out a spot?