Options

Pearl Jam to buy Baby Donald balloon

JB128716JB128716 Posts: 2,064
just read that Pearl Jam is going to buy the Baby Donald balloon and fly it at the Home Shows during Pink Floyd’s Comfortibly Numb.

Ok I posted it on my FB page and then I read it so it may be fake news, but how funny would that be.
92 - Orlando
03 - Tampa
08 - Tampa
12 - DeLuna Fest, EV Orlando 1 & 2, EV Ft Lauderdale 1 & 2
13 - Wrigley!!! ,Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford, OKC, Seattle
14 - Leeds, Milton Keynes, St Louis
16 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 & 2

Comments

• Options
    AS242348AS242348 Posts: 64
    Although you’re joking, it is a weird coincidence that the balloon is sat outside the O2 right now!
    London O2 Arena 2009
    London Hyde Park 2010
    Manchester MEN Arena 2 2012
    Amsterdam Ziggo Dome 2 2012
    Vienna Stadhalle 2014
    London O2 Arena 1 2018
    London O2 Arena 2 2018
    London Hyde Park 2 2022
  • Options
    Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction.

Mother would be another song that PJ has covered and would fit very well with this balloon.

mother should I build a wall.
    92 - Orlando
    03 - Tampa
    08 - Tampa
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,748
    They could just borrow Roger Waters' pig and play Pigs.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    Peasant TentsPeasant Tents UK Posts: 834
    Magnificent idea this...!
  • Options
    AmishGuy91AmishGuy91 Posts: 826
    I guess bullying and body shaming is ok if it's against Trump
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,908
    edited July 2018
    Yeah, lets treat him with the respect he shows others. 

• Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,354

6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options

He kinda set the playing field when he mocked a disabled guy (to the cheers of 1000 morons no less).
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWLBtMz5OuY
  • Options
    TristeluneTristelune Posts: 318
    AS242348 said:
    Although you’re joking, it is a weird coincidence that the balloon is sat outside the O2 right now!
    Ten mins from now  =)

• Options
    Who’s body shaming?
    92 - Orlando
    03 - Tampa
    08 - Tampa
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    Maybe the band will autograph his diaper on that balloon
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,220
    Would love to hear Mike take this one on.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    jdasilvafjdasilvaf Posts: 187
    Hard LOL at anyone claiming that floating a balloon mocking Trump is the equivalent to "bullying", which is defined as "the use of force, threat, or coercion to abuse, intimidate or aggressively dominate others. The behavior is often repeated and habitual. One essential prerequisite is the perception, by the bully or by others, of an imbalance of social or physical power, which distinguishes bullying from conflict." As if any of us had any kind of power or upper-hand over Trump, outside of voting him out of office. Trump has a long history of bullying vulnerable tenants (particularly people of color), journalists, women, contractors and employees. 
  • Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734

What's the over/under of that bloated balloon getting popped before the end of the night?!
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    LongestRoadLongestRoad Posts: 477
    jdasilvaf said:
    Hard LOL at anyone claiming that floating a balloon mocking Trump is the equivalent to "bullying", which is defined as "the use of force, threat, or coercion to abuse, intimidate or aggressively dominate others. The behavior is often repeated and habitual. One essential prerequisite is the perception, by the bully or by others, of an imbalance of social or physical power, which distinguishes bullying from conflict." As if any of us had any kind of power or upper-hand over Trump, outside of voting him out of office. Trump has a long history of bullying vulnerable tenants (particularly people of color), journalists, women, contractors and employees. 
    so you're saying if a group of people think it's ok to harrass someone, it wouldn't be bullying??? Thank God people like you were stopped during the nazi Germany era. 
  • Options
    sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,440
    edited July 2018
    Both John Lennon and President Trump are believers in WORLD PEACE. So, at least England still has that going for it...

Post edited by shecky on
  • Options
    jdasilvafjdasilvaf Posts: 187
    jdasilvaf said:
    so you're saying if a group of people think it's ok to harrass someone, it wouldn't be bullying??? Thank God people like you were stopped during the nazi Germany era. 
    Yes, exactly. Trump now is comparable to a population as vulnerable as the Jews, Roma, LGBTQ and persons with disabilities that the Nazis harassed, detained and killed in Germany. Thank you for that!
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,140
    jdasilvaf said:
    Wouldn’t a hard lol just be a HLOL?
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    jdasilvaf said:
    Lol. I was going to make the same point. I guess if that balloon is bullying, then so is every protest against everybody. Anti-Nazi rally? No, it's a big bully party against neo-Nazis. Don't be mean to the neo-Nazis, dammit. You have to treat them with respect so their feelings don't get hurt.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    Ten mins from now  =)

pigs
  • Options
    Ten mins from now  =)

pigs

There's no way they play that song.
  • Options
    washedinblack91washedinblack91 Posts: 3,078
    Bully: 
    1. a blustering, quarrelsome, overbearing person who habitually badgers and intimidates smaller or weaker people. 
    (source: dictionary.com)

have to say, out of the balloon person and Trump, seems like one person more personifies the actual definition of the term "bully" than the other, but that's just my 2 cents.
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,044
    These kind of statements are just fucking stupid. 
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,748
    Poncier said:
    Would love to hear Mike take this one on.
    Would be freaking insane! 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    You're absolutely correct. That Cheetos-colored, small-handed, tubby, combed-over, narcissistic, treasonous bully deserves nothing less.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08