Options

Worst Pearl Jam Song

12346»

Comments

• Options
    pashapasamanpashapasaman Posts: 497
    leatherman, push me pull me, evacuation
    PJ 2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    PJ 2018: London 1, Padova, Roma, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon, London 2
    EV 2017: Amsterdam 2&3, London 1&2
  • Options
    thispureamericanriotthispureamericanriot California Posts: 514
    rummy said:
    Oh man, I never thought of it that way, but you're right. We know the gems they left off Binaural in place of Soon Forget so that does make it easier for me to cast that song out as a PJ tune. I guess I don't really know what could have replaced some of those other solo type EV songs, which are all good songs, but would have been better served as Ed solo stuff. I guess I would have preferred Of the Earth making an album over one of them.
    Of The Earth woulda been great inclusion - I'd love to hear studio version of that song! Also, you made me think about Binaural with all the extra tracks added...double album like Exile On Main Street or Mellon Collie. In some ways Vitalogy was an album that did included all it's B-sides if you consider the "non-songs". Vitalogy would have still been very strong without those extra songs IMO. Some people like them, some don't. All I know is my Vitalogy vinyl has side 4 exclusively dedicated to Stupid Mop...I never play it that side. :(

Vitaology without "non-songs":
    1. Last Exit
    2. Spin The Black Circle
    3. Not For You
    4. Tremor Christ
    5. Nothingman
    6. Whipping
    7. Corduroy
    8. Satan's Bed
    9. Better Man
    10. Immortality
    If I had the power to retrack (the amazing) Vitalogy, it would look like this:
    Side 1
    1. Last Exit 
    2. Spin The Black Circle
    3. Not For You
    4. Nothingman
    5. Tremor Christ
    6. Pry To
    Side 2
    1. Corduroy 
    2. Whipping
    3. Satan's Bed
    4. Better Man
    5. Immortality
    6. Aya Davanita

I like that order...we only lose Bugs and Stupid Mop. Those two could have worked on Lost Dogs too.
  • Options
    cyrielbuyssecyrielbuysse Posts: 196
    Lightning bolt
    comatose 
    gone
    Dirty frank 
    world wide suicide
    Fathers son

2006 Arnhem - Antwerp - Paris 2007 Nijmegen - Werchter 2009 Rotterdam 2010 Nijmegen - Arras - Werchter 2012 Amsterdam - Werchter - Arras - Berlin 2014 Amsterdam - Berlin - Werchter 2018 Pinkpop - London - Berlin - Werchter - London
    @BelgianPJfan
  • Options
    FrankY59FrankY59 Posts: 1,048
    Glorified G sucks ass.
  • Options
    Mankind should not be considered a Pearl Jam song
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,223
    pashapasaman said: leatherman
    :nuh_uh:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,845
    Oh man, I never thought of it that way, but you're right. We know the gems they left off Binaural in place of Soon Forget so that does make it easier for me to cast that song out as a PJ tune. I guess I don't really know what could have replaced some of those other solo type EV songs, which are all good songs, but would have been better served as Ed solo stuff. I guess I would have preferred Of the Earth making an album over one of them.
    Of The Earth woulda been great inclusion - I'd love to hear studio version of that song! Also, you made me think about Binaural with all the extra tracks added...double album like Exile On Main Street or Mellon Collie. In some ways Vitalogy was an album that did included all it's B-sides if you consider the "non-songs". Vitalogy would have still been very strong without those extra songs IMO. Some people like them, some don't. All I know is my Vitalogy vinyl has side 4 exclusively dedicated to Stupid Mop...I never play it that side. :(

Vitaology without "non-songs":
    1. Last Exit
    2. Spin The Black Circle
    3. Not For You
    4. Tremor Christ
    5. Nothingman
    6. Whipping
    7. Corduroy
    8. Satan's Bed
    9. Better Man
    10. Immortality
    You could add in Hard to Imagine, I got Id and Long Road and it's a darn near perfect album.  I got Id and Long Road were recorded in early Feb 1995, or about two months after Vitalogy came out, so if you delay the release of the album, they could have easily been on there.  Hard to Imagine had been kicking around since 1992 with no real home, so that certainly would have been a better inclusion compared to any of the wasted tracks.  Finally, Immortality into Long Road would be a fantastic end to the album.

Or you could start the album with Long Road and end with Immortality.  That would be fitting.  

My suggested album:
    1. Last Exit
    2. Spin The Black Circle
    3. Not For You
    4. Tremor Christ
    5. Nothingman
    6. Hard to Imagine
    7. Whipping
    8. I got Id
    9. Corduroy
    10. Satan's Bed
    11. Better Man
    12. Immortality
    13. Long Road

I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert