Gate/ Infront of Eddie

Niner007Niner007 Htx Posts: 14
What time should I get in line. I’m thinking I might camp out. Probably get there at 10:30pm on August 7th. I’m trying for front row on Eddies side. Tips? Is it impossible to get that spot if I get in line the next early morning day of.

Comments

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    I don't think that time would be enough to be honest.  Especially with this being the 1st Seattle show.  I think you would probably need to be top 20 or so to be in the "middle" portions of the rail in front of the band, and I bet the line exceeds 20 sometime the morning of the 7th (if not earlier).

*these are educated guesses.
  • Niner007Niner007 Htx Posts: 14
    MayDay10 said:
    I don't think that time would be enough to be honest.  Especially with this being the 1st Seattle show.  I think you would probably need to be top 20 or so to be in the "middle" portions of the rail in front of the band, and I bet the line exceeds 20 sometime the morning of the 7th (if not earlier).

*these are educated guesses.
    Oh Jeez okay Thanks, yeah I’m flying in from Htx, staying in Seattle for a few days so I don’t want to waste too much of my time in line from my vacation. It would be a different story if I lived there. Really wanted to be as close to Eddie as possible but I’m not the only one who wants that obviously hahaha.
  • JamesNJamesN Fort Lauderdale Posts: 190
    Having been "2nd row" floor for a Philly gig, a recommdation:
    Stadium show has a bigger stage, and Eddie moves around a lot, so if you get the rail in front of his microphone stand, you could be chasing after him as you're watching...
    Recommend a spot between Mike & Eddie - Ed does move to his right a bit (toward Mike), and you will close to the McCready Show - Best in the biz!!
    Plus, lots of guitar picks!!!
    Wherever you land, you will have a magnificent, unforgettable experience - Enjoy the concert!!!
    Wasn't looking too good but I was feeling real well...
  • bobby dazzlersbobby dazzlers Posts: 1,989
    Guy did 4 days into Wrigley in 2016.  It's documented in Lets Play Two
    It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • Niner007Niner007 Htx Posts: 14
    JamesN said:
    Having been "2nd row" floor for a Philly gig, a recommdation:
    Stadium show has a bigger stage, and Eddie moves around a lot, so if you get the rail in front of his microphone stand, you could be chasing after him as you're watching...
    Recommend a spot between Mike & Eddie - Ed does move to his right a bit (toward Mike), and you will close to the McCready Show - Best in the biz!!
    Plus, lots of guitar picks!!!
    Wherever you land, you will have a magnificent, unforgettable experience - Enjoy the concert!!!
    Good to know! Thanks!
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    5 days camping
    www.cluthelee.com
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Honestly the very best spot on the floor is 3 or 4 deep in front of Eddie (so that's in the middle). The rail puts you at too sharp an angle to the stage for it to be the best spot - it restricts your perspective of the entire stage and strains your neck. To guarantee 3 or 4 deep in the centre you could probably get there perhaps 4 or 5 hours before doors? I've managed to get that spot showing up just 45 minutes before doors, but the line has become crazier in the last few years, so that probably won't cut it anymore.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    Guy did 4 days into Wrigley in 2016.  It's documented in Lets Play Two
    To be honest, I think that's more of an extreme exception. He had personal reasons for being in front of Eddie and was absolutely laser-focused on making it happen.

In "normal" circumstances, I would think 2-2.5 days should be more than enough for "front and center." Say a show is Wednesday night... I would think that Monday midday should be ok.

I've even heard of people getting in line 2-3 hours before doors open and getting great views. They *may* even get a spot on the side rail.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"