Seattle-Getting in line discussion/advice

Niner007Niner007 Htx Posts: 14
This is our first PJ concert and we scored GA tickets.  When does the line usually form?  Any advice for us newbees?  Are we talking overnight?  It the line chaotic?  Thanks for your wisdom.

Comments

• Gingerlou77Gingerlou77 Posts: 429
    Niner007 said:
    This is our first PJ concert and we scored GA tickets.  When does the line usually form?  Any advice for us newbees?  Are we talking overnight?  It the line chaotic?  Thanks for your wisdom.
    I haven't gone GA in the US, but assuming a couple of days at least.....
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    edited July 2018
    I think that the guy in the LP2 video was in line for 4 days.  (That was for Wrigley 2016.)
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    Niner007 said:
    What is your desired spot in GA?  Front row?  First five rows? 
  • Niner007Niner007 Htx Posts: 14
    Niner007 said:
    Hoping for front row, will probably get there around 6 in the morning the day of.  Will it be possible?
  • Gingerlou77Gingerlou77 Posts: 429
    Niner007 said:
    Niner007 said:
    Hoping for front row, will probably get there around 6 in the morning the day of.  Will it be possible?
    I'm not an expert but I don't know if that will get you a rail spot for these shows
  • jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    Niner007 said:
    Niner007 said:
    You won’t get front row if you are there by 6 Am. You will be very close, but not on the rail based on my experience in GA.  Especially considering these are stadium shows and there are only a few, my guess is people will be camped out for a night or two. Going that early in the morning you will still be very close to the front IMO. 
  • pearldavidsonpearldavidson PA Posts: 1,356
    jmug23 said:
    Niner007 said:
    Niner007 said:
    You won’t get front row if you are there by 6 Am. You will be very close, but not on the rail based on my experience in GA.  Especially considering these are stadium shows and there are only a few, my guess is people will be camped out for a night or two. Going that early in the morning you will still be very close to the front IMO. 

This.
  • PeArLgOoNeRPeArLgOoNeR Posts: 1,247
    My brother and I got in line at 6am in Krakow.. We were about 80th in line.. The stage and floor was really wide.. We made the rail Stones side, right in front of the speakers, but with a clear view of everyone except Boom.. This was our view

Hamburg 2000, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, Berlin 2010, Berlin 1+2 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Vienna 2014, Berlin 2014, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Camp 3 days in advance and you might make it. 
    www.cluthelee.com
    My brother and I got in line at 6am in Krakow.. We were about 80th in line.. The stage and floor was really wide.. We made the rail Stones side, right in front of the speakers, but with a clear view of everyone except Boom.. This was our view
    I made the rail in front of Stone about where u were in Greenville a couple years ago and we didn’t walk into the venue until about 6:00PM. Everyone was jammed towards the middle when we walked down to the floor. Most shows I’ve been to in the states, I’ve been able to walk in around 6:00PM and still only be about 3-5 people back from the rail on Mikes side, although it’s diffferent for the larger stadium shows. That’s why I’ll never wait in line all day just to gain literally about five more feet. 
    jmug23 said:
    I made the rail in front of Stone about where u were in Greenville a couple years ago and we didn’t walk into the venue until about 6:00PM. Everyone was jammed towards the middle when we walked down to the floor. Most shows I’ve been to in the states, I’ve been able to walk in around 6:00PM and still only be about 3-5 people back from the rail on Mikes side, although it’s diffferent for the larger stadium shows. That’s why I’ll never wait in line all day just to gain literally about five more feet. 
    Like with the merch, it seems to have gotten crazier in the last few tours.. About 75 people slept outside the venue.. 

Hamburg 2000, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, Berlin 2010, Berlin 1+2 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Vienna 2014, Berlin 2014, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,943
    I don't have it in me to lineup for days to get rail.   I'll do what I did at Wrigley.  Get in line a few hours before doors, and get an ok spot.

I will admit, the pictures on TM make the pit look huge.  My only other experience with a stadium pit was Wrigley 16.  They sold that one pretty tight, but the stage is so wide, they blocked off the far right and far left because the wide angle would block your view.  The TM seat map shows a giant rectangle pit.. I dunno.. I hope they didn't oversell it... if it's tight light wrigley, there's going to be some rough vantage points :(
    Zod said:
    I don't have it in me to lineup for days to get rail.   I'll do what I did at Wrigley.  Get in line a few hours before doors, and get an ok spot.

I will admit, the pictures on TM make the pit look huge.  My only other experience with a stadium pit was Wrigley 16.  They sold that one pretty tight, but the stage is so wide, they blocked off the far right and far left because the wide angle would block your view.  The TM seat map shows a giant rectangle pit.. I dunno.. I hope they didn't oversell it... if it's tight light wrigley, there's going to be some rough vantage points :(
    Kind of what I’m afraid of as well. I think the pit is going to be huge. The pics make it look really big and it seems like everyone who put in for Ga as a first got them, which means they sold a ton. I’m definitely not anticipating the intimate feel of the arena pits.  I’ll probably just hang towards the back for this one. 
  • jmug23 said:
    Niner007 said:
    Niner007 said:
    Agreed.  You won't get rail, but you can probably count on being 3-5 people back.  It'll depend a bit on whether you want to be dead-center in front of Eddie.  Stone's side will be your best option for getting as close as possible to the front.
    5/28/06 - Camden, NJ
    5/30/06 - Washington, DC
    6/22/08 - Washington, DC
    10/31/09 - Philadelphia, PA
    8/5/16 - Fenway Park
    Temple of the Dog - 11/5/2016 - Philadelphia, PA
    7/1/2018 - Prague
    7/3/2018 - Kraków
    7/5/2018 - Berlin
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    4 days?
    www.cluthelee.com
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    Im thinking someone will break the 1-week mark waiting in one of these lines.

If you want a prime spot, I would show up no less than the morning before the show (as in the day before).  If you are showing up the day of the show.... I would actually shave a half hour or so off the 6AM time (as you may see a small rush of people show up at 6).  5 or 530 might jump you up a handful of spots.  

I've done rail about 4 times, and for me it is overrated.  I'm not interested in getting a tambourine or guitar picks anymore, or trying to get a wave from the band.  So put me with a group of friends in GA anywhere in the first twenty "rows" and it will be a great time.  Front row is cool, but the wait is not worth it in my opinion. 

Good luck!

I've done rail about 4 times, and for me it is overrated.  I'm not interested in getting a tambourine or guitar picks anymore, or trying to get a wave from the band.  So put me with a group of friends in GA anywhere in the first twenty "rows" and it will be a great time.  Front row is cool, but the wait is not worth it in my opinion. 

Good luck!

That said I'm sure you're glad you have those experiences under your belt

deadendp said:
    I think that the guy in the LP2 video was in line for 4 days.  (That was for Wrigley 2016.)
    Link? 

Good luck!

Yes, it was definitely a memorable time.  Would I line up at 7am for it?  Sure if other friends were with me.  Would I line up 3 days for it, or at 7am to be 3-4 rows deep?  No. 

Good luck!

Yes, it was definitely a memorable time.  Would I line up at 7am for it?  Sure if other friends were with me.  Would I line up 3 days for it, or at 7am to be 3-4 rows deep?  No. 

Niner007 said:
    Niner007 said:
    I'm not an expert but I don't know if that will get you a rail spot for these shows

If I Camp out the night before and get there at 10:30 the night of August 7th, would that get me front row? 
    jmug23 said:
    Like with the merch, it seems to have gotten crazier in the last few tours.. About 75 people slept outside the venue.. 

What Merch? Tell me about it. (Newbie obviously) 

Niner007 said:
    jmug23 said:

What Merch? Tell me about it. (Newbie obviously) 

People go nuts for poster, pins, stickers and other show specific items.. There's been some crazy merch lines this euro tour and lots of stuff that sold out within minutes

• jpgoegeljpgoegel Posts: 410
    Niner007 said:
    deadendp said:
    Link? 
    http://grungery.hu/there-pearl-jam-interview-john-evans-luckiest-pearl-jam-fans-world/
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    Niner007 said:

Good luck!

Niner007 said:
    Niner007 said:

If I Camp out the night before and get there at 10:30 the night of August 7th, would that get me front row? 
    As I said in your other thread, I dont believe 10:30 the night before does it either any more.  
    edited July 2018
    jpgoegel said:
    Niner007 said:
    deadendp said:
    Link? 
    http://grungery.hu/there-pearl-jam-interview-john-evans-luckiest-pearl-jam-fans-world/

Now, he may have been there four days, but do we know how many days he was in line by himself?   2 days may have still got you front row.