• PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited July 2018
    dignin said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    I’m not a gun nut.

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:
    Fuck your gun control.  There, that post is relevant.
    F5
    F5
    F5

That’s right, very responsible.  Screw your gun control.

Not a gun nut. Right. 
    Come oftenreading you are better than this; you know pjpower is playing on jose's words.  
    You and pjpower are acting like a couple of babies in this thread. It's disgraceful.
    Lol, call the waaaambulance!
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    I’m not a gun nut.

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:
    F5
    F5
    F5

Not a gun nut. Right. 
    Come oftenreading you are better than this; you know pjpower is playing on jose's words.  
    You and pjpower are acting like a couple of babies in this thread. It's disgraceful.
    Adding to the mounting evidence. It takes a special kind of small person to troll a thread about a school shooting. But if that's how you and others get your kicks, go for it. 
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    I’m not a gun nut.

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:
    F5
    F5
    F5

Not a gun nut. Right. 
    Nope. There’s ample evidence in the gun violence thread; well, really all over the forum. 
    In my defense, it doesn’t take much to get labeled a “gun nut” in this forum.  It doesn’t bother me when anti-gun nuts use such labels.

"Doesn't take much".

Anyone who repeatedly makes pro-gun comments, including "fuck your gun control", in a thread that's a memorial to murdered children killed in a gun massacre, that was started by the father of one of the survivors of that massacre and who has repeatedly asked that you stop making pro-gun comments, which you have ignored, is in my books either a "gun nut" or someone who enjoys acting like a jerk. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    edited July 2018
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    I’m not a gun nut.

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:
    F5
    F5
    F5

Not a gun nut. Right. 
    Adding to the mounting evidence. It takes a special kind of small person to troll a thread about a school shooting. But if that's how you and others get your kicks, go for it. 
    I thought this thread was about the March For Our Lives movement...which I see as a huge waste of resources and time.  I do support the March For Our Rights movement, though.  
    Those children have displayed great self-control against an onslaught of anti-gun nuts.
    I believe that a there are a few that have lost family members that fully support the March For Our Rights movement and are saying “fuck your gun control”.

Post edited by PJPOWER on
    Also, I am completely happy to be an "anti gun nut"
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    I’m not a gun nut.

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:
    F5
    F5
    F5

Not a gun nut. Right. 
    Nope. There’s ample evidence in the gun violence thread; well, really all over the forum. 
    In my defense, it doesn’t take much to get labeled a “gun nut” in this forum.  It doesn’t bother me when anti-gun nuts use such labels.

"Doesn't take much".

Anyone who repeatedly makes pro-gun comments, including "fuck your gun control", in a thread that's a memorial to murdered children killed in a gun massacre, that was started by the father of one of the survivors of that massacre and who has repeatedly asked that you stop making pro-gun comments, which you have ignored, is in my books either a "gun nut" or someone who enjoys acting like a jerk. 
    Why can't it be both?
    Here is a good cause to donate to:
    https://www.march4ourrights.org/

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    dignin said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    I’m not a gun nut.

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:
    F5
    F5
    F5

Not a gun nut. Right. 
    Don’t forget about my boy Halifax, he started asking me about what I ate. Then all of a sudden I am for animal abuse because I ate a filet mignon for dinner. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mcgruff10 said:
    dignin said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    I’m not a gun nut.

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:
    F5
    F5
    F5

Not a gun nut. Right. 
    Don’t forget about my boy Halifax, he started asking me about what I ate. Then all of a sudden I am for animal abuse because I ate a filet mignon for dinner. 

So, you're both a teacher and a parent, mcgruff, and you're totally cool with how this thread is going?

PJPOWER said:
    Here is a good cause to donate to:
    https://www.march4ourrights.org/

Someone with at least a tiny shred of human decency and empathy for bereaved parents would, by this point, say to themselves "hey, maybe this isn't the right thread to post this in".
    mcgruff10 said:
    dignin said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    I’m not a gun nut.

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:
    F5
    F5
    F5

Not a gun nut. Right. 

So, you're both a teacher and a parent, mcgruff, and you're totally cool with how this thread is going?

It is a Pearl Jam message board with different people with different backgrounds, comments and ideas. I don’t exactly expect it to be serious all the time. I think people need to chill out and relax. 
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    dignin said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    I’m not a gun nut.

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:
    F5
    F5
    F5

Not a gun nut. Right. 

It is a Pearl Jam message board with different people with different backgrounds, comments and ideas. I don’t exactly expect it to be serious all the time. I think people need to chill out and relax. 
    That’s weak. There are plenty of threads in this board to chill out and relax in. The purpose of this thread is different, as per the OP, and that isn’t being respected. Kids who died at school are being mocked.  
    edited July 2018
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    dignin said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    I’m not a gun nut.

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:
    F5
    F5
    F5

Not a gun nut. Right. 

Agreed, I don’t think that March For Our Lives is saying “fuck your weapons”, but a poster here twisting that message here has diluted the water and their message.  That is probably my main reason for being in this thread.  That, and the anti-hunting comments.  Are March For Our Lives an anti-hunting movement?  No...just a poster or two here.  Those comments hurt the cause worse than any “gun nut” ever could.
    edited July 2018
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    dignin said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    I’m not a gun nut.

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:
    F5
    F5
    F5

Not a gun nut. Right. 

That’s weak. There are plenty of threads in this board to chill out and relax in. The purpose of this thread is different, as per the OP, and that isn’t being respected. Kids who died at school are being mocked.  
    I disagree completely. I don’t see anyone mocking kids that were murdered. And kidding around in a thread isn’t mocking or being disrespectful. 
  • Power and Scruffy are not mocking dead kids in these last pages.

While their comments are not necessarily the greatest... it's fair to say they are also in response to comments that were right on par for degree of acceptability (except from the other side of the great debate).

It's been that way as long as I can remember around here: people become really indignant when their opponents hit below the belt or toss out a cheap shot, but they never recognize when their side has done the same thing.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    “Fuck your gun control”, said in a thread about murdered kids. Not mocking at all; in fact, totally respectful, just a little kidding around. 

Right. 
  • “Fuck your gun control”, said in a thread about murdered kids. Not mocking at all; in fact, totally respectful, just a little kidding around. 

Right. 

In response to 'Fuck your guns'.

No. If the comment was 'fuck those kids'... then you've got something.
    edited July 2018
    “Fuck your gun control”, said in a thread about murdered kids. Not mocking at all; in fact, totally respectful, just a little kidding around. 

Right. 

Exactly, I figured this was obvious, but maybe not.  If your idea of gun control is “fuck your weapons”, then I say “fuck your gun control”.  There are several kids from Parkland that do NOT support the March For Our Lives idea of gun control as well.
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    Just a reminder that this is a thread about the school massacre in Parkland and the murders of 14 students and 3 teachers/coaches. Including Scott Beigel who was a PEARL JAM fan....

http://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/24060834/marjory-stoneman-douglas-cross-country-coach-scott-beigel-daily-heroism
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Good morning everyone here’s hoping for no mass shootings this week ! 
    Screw the weapons ok 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    PJPOWER said:

Right. 

Exactly, I figured this was obvious, but maybe not.  If your idea of gun control is “fuck your weapons”, then I say “fuck your gun control”.  There are several kids from Parkland that do NOT support the March For Our Lives idea of gun control as well.
    Jose has certainly posted enough for you to know that that wasn’t his proposal for gun control, but nice deflection of responsibility. 

Power and Scruffy are not mocking dead kids in these last pages.

While their comments are not necessarily the greatest... it's fair to say they are also in response to comments that were right on par for degree of acceptability (except from the other side of the great debate).

It's been that way as long as I can remember around here: people become really indignant when their opponents hit below the belt or toss out a cheap shot, but they never recognize when their side has done the same thing.

Ah, “both sides”. 

Well, history will show which side is correct. It already does, really.  

• Power and Scruffy are not mocking dead kids in these last pages.

Ah, “both sides”. 

Oh Gawd. Get over yourself. Geezuz, man.

Now you're spinning this to put it in line with Trump's goofy stuff?

Jose said, 'Fuck you'. Power said, 'Fuck you too.' Two guys became passionate and combative on a message board.

Jose's side wasn't correct. I'm on Jose's side of the equation, but that doesn't preclude me from noting when he's stepped out of bounds. I'm not knocking him- I like him and I've done it myself. I'm just saying that one side should not have a license to act with impunity around here because they're on the popular side.

If you can't understand that there's nothing more I can say- carry on!
    PJPOWER said:

Right. 

Jose has certainly posted enough for you to know that that wasn’t his proposal for gun control, but nice deflection of responsibility. 
    Oh yeah, where???  Not deflecting...stop spinning.
    Just a reminder that this is a thread about the school massacre in Parkland and the murders of 14 students and 3 teachers/coaches. Including Scott Beigel who was a PEARL JAM fan....

http://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/24060834/marjory-stoneman-douglas-cross-country-coach-scott-beigel-daily-heroism
    Then both, the March For Our Rights and March For Our Lives should be represented as they both pertain to Parkland students having their voices heard.  

Ah, “both sides”. 

Jose said, 'Fuck you'. Power said, 'Fuck you too.' Two guys became passionate and combative on a message board.

Jose's side wasn't correct. I'm on Jose's side of the equation, but that doesn't preclude me from noting when he's stepped out of bounds. I'm not knocking him- I like him and I've done it myself. I'm just saying that one side should not have a license to act with impunity around here because they're on the popular side.

Nah, context is everything. Look at the thread, look at why it was started and it's intent. Go back and read the first couple of pages then read the garbage that "adults" have been posting these past few pages. It's embarrassing. They are acting like a couple of children in a playground, it's the equivalent of na-ah na-ah boo boo. 

There are plenty of threads to go and chill and relax in throughout this message board, this is not the place. It is completely disrespectful of the OP and the victims.
  • dignin said:

Ah, “both sides”. 

Nah, context is everything. Look at the thread, look at why it was started and it's intent. Go back and read the first couple of pages then read the garbage that "adults" have been posting these past few pages. It's embarrassing. They are acting like a couple of children in a playground, it's the equivalent of na-ah na-ah boo boo. 

There are plenty of threads to go and chill and relax in throughout this message board, this is not the place. It is completely disrespectful of the OP and the victims.

Oh?

And who gets to decide which threads are permissible to digress at times?
    PJPOWER said:

Then both, the March For Our Rights and March For Our Lives should be represented as they both pertain to Parkland students having their voices heard.  
    Pro tip, start the "March For Our Rights" thread.
    dignin said:

Ah, “both sides”. 

Oh?

As with any other community, we do. And I have every right to call out the disrespectful "adults" who act like children. I see bullshit and I will call it out, always have, always will. I'm comfortable doing it, you are comfortable dismissing it and defending it. To each their own.
    dignin said:
    dignin said:

Ah, “both sides”. 

Oh?

As with any other community, we do. And I have every right to call out the disrespectful "adults" who act like children. I see bullshit and I will call it out, always have, always will. I'm comfortable doing it, you are comfortable dismissing it and defending it. To each their own.
    As I do when I see people saying “fuck your weapons” or throwing people that eat meat under the bus...