Soccer team trapped in cave in Thailand, rescue operation soon

Comments

• cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    Maybe we can get the Thai Navy to rescue all the kids we have locked in cages and get them back to their families.

Great work! Glad to hear everyone is safe!
    I’m not so sure I’d be happy with 1 person dying to get this done.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Maybe we can get the Thai Navy to rescue all the kids we have locked in cages and get them back to their families.

Great work! Glad to hear everyone is safe!
    I’m not so sure I’d be happy with 1 person dying to get this done.
    I'm sure no one is happy with that tragic death of volunteer that gave hi's life to save the kids and at least he didn't die in vain ! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Why does Trump or his policies need to be brought up in this thread?
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Why does Trump or his policies need to be brought up in this thread?
    it was meant in jest i'm sure i agree baffoon should not be brought up in a thread with positive outcome there is nothing positive about the man ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,357
    Is everyone out of the cave? Are the doctors and divers who stayed with the boys out of the cave as well?
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    Is everyone out of the cave? Are the doctors and divers who stayed with the boys out of the cave as well?
    Everyone is out i think. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    Could be a naive question but I wonder if they could have just pumped the water out of the cave in the first place?
    They have pumped out a lot of water, which has made it easier. 

When they turned of the pumps for 12 minutes, the water rose 10cm I think.

The weather is against them. 
    Sounds like a tough, frustrating job.  I hope they think to block entrance to that cave off after this is all over.
    I hope they block the cave off as well when all have been rescued.
    Why did the coach and the boys decide to go into the cave during the rainy season, despite posted warning signs?
    According to an article I  just read, the boys went in alone. The coach went to look for them later, found their bikes and went into the cave after them.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,357
    edited July 2018
    Spiritual Chaos, thanks for the updates. 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    wow:
    the three-day operation to save the Thai soccer team from a flooded cave complex almost ended in disaster, according to the rescue workers inside. The main water pump preventing the caves from filling up still further failed in the final hours of the evacuation, almost trapping about 100 remaining rescue divers inside it as water levels rose. It happened hours after the last boy of the soccer team was evacuated, but while professionals were still there to remove the equipment used in the rescue. Some 100 divers and rescue workers were still in the caves when the main water stopped working, with some more than a mile deep inside the cave, The Guardian reported.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    Every one is out...If this was in America every family would have lawyered up by now...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Every one is out...If this was in America every family would have lawyered up by now...
    Saw on another message board, when people started trashing the couch without any facts about the matter, someone saying that "finding someone to blame is a typical american behavior".

What you wrote corroborates that.
    I said that from the beginning.  Nows he off to save Flint, MI ... you know years after the crisis started with their water,
    Give Peas A Chance…

I said that from the beginning.  Nows he off to save Flint, MI ... you know years after the crisis started with their water,
    For someone who is in the electric car business ( I am assuming g he also an environmentalist} ... seems like he is really at wasting resources. 
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    I think it is a little PR but considering they were saying it could be an estimated three months before they could be extracted, I don't fault a person who employees a stable of very smart engineers to offer assistance.  Beats offering prayers and wishes.
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    I hope Elon Musk can deliver one of his devices on the doorsteps of congress to rescue the American people from their shit president.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
    i heard Musk showed up with his sub and quickly asked to leave
    Musk just called the guy saying his sub was useless a pedophile on twitter. 

Musk seems to be a swell guy.

i once worked with another engineer who worked at Tesla.  The guy was a hardcore Muslim and he repeatedly implied to me that Musk harbored strong anti-immigrant sentiments.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    vaggar99 said:

i once worked with another engineer who worked at Tesla.  The guy was a hardcore Muslim and he repeatedly implied to me that Musk harbored strong anti-immigrant sentiments.
    A white male American business owner with major donations to the GOP is anti-immigrant? Shocker. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    vaggar99 said:

A white male American business owner with major donations to the GOP is anti-immigrant? Shocker. 
    I did not know Musk was a strong supporter of the GOP?  That makes very little sense...you'd think he'd be a strong democrat, they embrace his technology...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    vaggar99 said:

I did not know Musk was a strong supporter of the GOP?  That makes very little sense...you'd think he'd be a strong democrat, they embrace his technology...
    He’s a major donor. 
    “....one of the top 50 donors to Protect The House, a PAC aimed at maintaining Republican control of the House of Representatives”

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.yahoo.com/amphtml/news/elon-musk-political-donations-don-235700942.html

vaggar99 said:

He’s a major donor. 
    Thank you for the info.  I must say that confuses me.  We all know how much republicans embrace electric cars...lol.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    I imagine he likes tax breaks as much as the next guy. 
    Develops electric cars and green power solutions...

.... supports climate-deniers and other environment-hostile politicans.
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,814
    I think he donates to each party.  Probably more about access than ideals.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    OnWis97 said:
    I think he donates to each party.  Probably more about access than ideals.

He does, or at least did, donate to each party, but his Dem donation was a piddly amount, particularly given his wealth. A couple of thousand, I think?

You don't donate to that specific PAC by accident. It isn't a general GOP donation, it's designed to keep the House Republican. 
    He's probably donating more to the Repubs cuz they have the power.  He's probably a racist, but he's not dumb. 
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    So he has now gone on to call one of the rescue divers a pedophile. What a jerk.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014