Who is America- new Sacha Baron Cohen Showtime show

CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 8,956
edited July 2018 in All Encompassing Trip
premieres this Sunday 7/15 @ 10pm

http://www.sho.com/video/62722/who-is-america-new-sacha-baron-cohen-series-preview

big fan of Ali G, Borat, Brüno etc. He has already pissed off Sarah Palin so I’m a fan of it already :) 

He gave the likes of Dick Cheney, Palin, Bernie Sanders, Howard Dean and others false premise to set up interviews with them only to interact with them while in disguise .... After Sarah’s experience she supposedly walked off and Sachas crew dropped her & her daughter off at the wrong DC airport. That’s kinda shitty, but so are the Palins. 

Dick Cheney looks like a bag of bones in the promo. He gets him supposedly to sign a water boarding kit :)

good times
Post edited by CROJAM95 on

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,552
    For sure will check that out!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,732
    CROJAM95 said:
    premieres this Sunday 7/15 @ 10pm

big fan of Ali G, Borat, Brüno etc. He has already pissed off Sarah Palin so I’m a fan of it already :) 

He gave the likes of Dick Cheney, Palin, Bernie Sanders, Howard Dean and others false premise to set up interviews with them only to interact with them while in disguise .... After Sarah’s experience she supposedly walked off and Sachas crew dropped her & her daughter off at the wrong DC airport. That’s kinda shitty, but so are the Palins. 

Dick Cheney looks like a bag of bones in the promo. He gets him supposedly to sign a water boarding kit :)

good times
    Oh this sounds painful to watch.  Like cringe in your seat painful but good.

I saw his interview with Ron Paul when he walked out and couldn't believe that they signed a waiver for that, lol!
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,554
    Hot damn!  I'm up for this!  Go Sacha!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
  • TFlyerTFlyer DMV (dc,md,va) Posts: 881
    I feel like I have been waiting for his return for far too long
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,795
    It has aired, right? The first episode? Anyone seen it?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    No it hasn't, it's on tonight. There was a special "preview" on last night that I didn't watch. It DVR'd though because I set up to record the series already. 
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 8,956
    Ten Minutes

need a good laugh after the Croatia loss today :bawling:
    This man is so hilariously savage. :rofl:
    The Israeli Gun Nut is classic

overall pretty good
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    https://youtu.be/QkXeMoBPSDk

I don't know if I should laugh or cry.

SBC is gold!
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,795
    CROJAM95 said:
     After Sarah’s experience she supposedly walked off and Sachas crew dropped her & her daughter off at the wrong DC airport. That’s kinda shitty, but so are the Palins. 
    This could have just been an honest mistake.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,395
    Very hilarious segment, but at the same time, pretty scary that some of our "leaders" hold such beliefs.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,554
    Hobbes said:

SBC is gold!
    "Happy shooting, kids!" ??? 

It's hugely strange to see how deranged some of our elected officials are. 

SBC gold, well put Hobbes! 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,353
    The pube scene had me in tears. 

Idk which episode I’m looking forward to next, Palin or Roy Moore. 

:rofl: that lady was certifiable 
    TFlyer said:

:rofl: that lady was certifiable 
    She was down for whatever...
    If a lady is okay with handling another persons sh*t smeared all over cardboard you know she is into that freaky stuff :rofl:
    The (R) congressmen and former senator shithead Lott doing the toddlers and Guns bit??? Really??
    what demographic were u going for?? Obviously not in on the joke, then you really think that’s a good idea?? Amazes me the trash gets picked up twice a week with these genius’ in office 

joe Walsh was on CNN few days earlier trying to get ahead of it.... it’s amazing what kind of shit  for brains people are in office

Hobbes said:

SBC is gold!
    this shit is riduculous
    omg...blink 182...wiz khalifa....
  • No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126
    The first episode had me in uncomfortable fits of laughter and disbelief. The high end art scene was hilarious, the lady was completely going along for the ride.

And the kids with guns bit had me very happy I lived outside of the USA. Can't believe these people are in a position of power
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,576
    Saw a tweet so this isn't original, but my wife said the same thing.  It's almost like the make up is so bad that the make up guy was told, "give them a chance to figure it out"
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,353
    Saw a tweet so this isn't original, but my wife said the same thing.  It's almost like the make up is so bad that the make up guy was told, "give them a chance to figure it out"
    The Israeli character was so creepy between the walk, the hair & the jaw... how the hell did they not see through it?!?!
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    I love how he walks.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,039
    another good one tonight
    I miss igotid88
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,596
    vaggar99 said:
    omg...blink 182...wiz khalifa....
    Killed me
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,596
    It's so hard  to imagine  these people are really representing people as politicians. Dear lord
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    i Love these fools Excuses for their stupidity 

i doubt this will change anyone’s political alliances, but cmon man.... toddlers with guns? Though it’s comedy, it’s very sad too..... that we’ve become so tribal and there isn’t a middle ground of common sense anymore 

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,732
    It's so hard  to imagine  these people are really representing people as politicians. Dear lord
    I just watched the John Spencer clip.

There is NO WAY that this isn't staged. 

If it isn't then this person should not be writing laws for us...