Options

What are all the gripes about ?

stickmanstickman Posts: 1,008
edited July 2018 in The Porch

10-15 years ago on the old board on was a daily visitor if not 3-4 times a day. I seldom log in or check the boards these days, usually only when the band is on tour.

i have to say I am disappointed in the members and all their gripes.  I see one thread in regards to the band playing too many songs off 10, another thread about all this anxiety in regards to when ticket information will be coming out, another about the sold out merch stands, and many others that make my mind spin.

Things like a 4 mile chunk of ice breaking off on Greenland this week gives me anxiety, the fact that 96 people a day in the US are killed by gun violence gives me anxiety.  Hearing about a child with pediatric cancer gives me anxiety. The songs that Pearl Jam will or will not be playing,  or  how and when 10c will be getting me my 10c Tickets is NOT giving me anxiety, the 10c seats I will be getting and wether or not I should be trying  to find back up tickets in case they are not as good as I hope is not giving me anxiety. 

Thank you 10c stafffers for the hard work you do.  and your dedication to the Pearl Jam fans as I am sure you all do more than we will ever know. I am looking forward to attending the Fenway Shows in September.  I am taking my 11 year to his first concert ever on 9/02/18, and he is very excited about it.  We can’t wait until the show.  I will get there early in the day, take my little guy down to Fenway and visit the Merch Stands, wait in long line with other fans, and let him soak it all in and appreciate it, while we chat about which PJ songs we think we might hear.  Then I will let the kid get what he wants.  No anxiety, no sweat, no worries. Walk back to the hotel, get him whatever he wants to eat, and then introduce him to the experience I had gotten the priviledge of 20+ times to experience dating back to April of 1994 !! 

Not trying to bag on people, just trying to point out that we all can do a little better and worry about other things, as we all know this will all work out and be ok.  If they always disappointed us we wouldn’t be here !!  I can honestly say I have never been disappointed by this band. Sure I have been shut out of tickets, but that’s not their fault.  

Lets all be happy the boys are sharing their gift with us this Summer.   See you all at the Ball Park. 
Post edited by stickman on

Comments

• Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    The synergy message pit was a very long time ago.  I miss it
  • Options
    JvollmanJvollman Posts: 129
    +1
    First - Chicago, Illinois (March 10, 1994) *
    In Between - Chicago (9), East Troy (4) Champaign (1), Noblesville (1), Moline (1)
    Last - Wrigley (August 20, 2016)
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,387
    He wont want to go to another merch line again after these! Have a blast. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016