2018 Euro Merch

Comments

• bradklausenbradklausen Posts: 363
    here I sit, broken hearted
    came to sell posters...
    then the site shit the bed
  • Happy JulioHappy Julio Posts: 161
    Eh. shit happens Brad, not your fault. You've been making home run posters for years. Thanks for giving us stuff to frame. Keep your head up!
    2006 PJ/Petty Milwaukee Night 1
    2007 Lollapalooza Chicago
    2013 Wrigley Chicago
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    scurtis said:
    scurtis said:
    thanks for all the kind words everyone

sorry for the headache... am bummed out a little, have not had a site issue like this in a while... you think you got it all ironed out and code keeps changing over here and things keep getting updated over there and your site now cannot communicate like it was communicating before to the other necessary sites it needs to talk to...... why do things have to change!?!?! Hold on, let me get my old man cane to shake at the kids always updating software online. 
    And get off my lawn!
    why do kids have no respect for lawns?? Or rather why are there roves of kids just loitering on lawns? was that ever a thing? 
    haha I don't know...  no respect them kids.

It's actually an inside joke with my Dad, he's almost 70 whenever he complains I reply with "and get off my lawn!!"  now he just says it himself.  :)
    any of the times I have made my feeling known about the whole pop culture movie trend poster thing, I get called an angry old man yellin at the kids on my lawn... by people who are basically my age...  while I sit here waiting to hear news (good news hopefully)...I am just sitting here, answering emails, keeping an eye on the board and fb, and waiting... lets open the lines up, feel free to ask me anything...long time listener, first time caller 
    What are your feelings on it?
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,427
    scurtis said:
    scurtis said:

sorry for the headache... am bummed out a little, have not had a site issue like this in a while... you think you got it all ironed out and code keeps changing over here and things keep getting updated over there and your site now cannot communicate like it was communicating before to the other necessary sites it needs to talk to...... why do things have to change!?!?! Hold on, let me get my old man cane to shake at the kids always updating software online. 
    And get off my lawn!
    why do kids have no respect for lawns?? Or rather why are there roves of kids just loitering on lawns? was that ever a thing? 

It's actually an inside joke with my Dad, he's almost 70 whenever he complains I reply with "and get off my lawn!!"  now he just says it himself.  :)
    any of the times I have made my feeling known about the whole pop culture movie trend poster thing, I get called an angry old man yellin at the kids on my lawn... by people who are basically my age...  while I sit here waiting to hear news (good news hopefully)...I am just sitting here, answering emails, keeping an eye on the board and fb, and waiting... lets open the lines up, feel free to ask me anything...long time listener, first time caller 
    What's the work you've done (any work) that you're most proud of?  
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
    Eh. shit happens Brad, not your fault. You've been making home run posters for years. Thanks for giving us stuff to frame. Keep your head up!
    tis true, shit does happen... the problem is when it does happen, there is shit everywhere and you now have to clean it up and it smells bad and is gross and not what you wanted to spend your day dealing with.... but you clean it up and come back another day.... and do no wrooooo-ooooh-ong 
  • jlondon31jlondon31 Posts: 88
    tis true, shit does happen... the problem is when it does happen, there is shit everywhere and you now have to clean it up and it smells bad and is gross and not what you wanted to spend your day dealing with.... but you clean it up and come back another day.... and do no wrooooo-ooooh-ong 
    Sound like having kids.
  • dadesdades Posts: 321
    Any chance you can make me one that's 24 x 55. Got a big frame that needs filling
    Glasgow Cathouse 1992
    Glasgow S.E.C.C. 2000
    Shepherds Bush 2009 - M.E.N 2009 - London O2 2009
    Boston 2010 - Newark 2010 - MSG1+2 2010 - Dublin 2010 - Belfast 2010
    London 2010
    Manchester 1+2 2012 EV Manchester 2012 EV London 31/7/2012
    Philly 1+2 2013 - Hartford 2013
    Berlin 2014 Leeds 2014
    Fenway 2 2016
    EV London 1+2 2017
    London 1+2 - Berlin 2018
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815
    scurtis said:
    scurtis said:

And get off my lawn!

BK, taking your question offer at face value.... 
    What are 5 to 10 albums that have been floating your boat lately?

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    scurtis said:

And get off my lawn!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NelBNtNm8l0
    This weekend we rock Portland
    scurtis said:
    scurtis said:

And get off my lawn!

What are your feelings on it?
    oh that is a whole long winded tldr post.... in a nut shell, I am not a fan. Some amazing art work has been made, dont get me wrong, some absolutely great pieces have come out of it and it has kept artists working and honing their craft and getting exposure... but it was just sad to watch the poster scene go from original, unique creative ideas, to artists basically becoming cover bands or tribute bands for another artist ideas and work. Some bands do amazing versions of cover songs, but you want to hear their original work...I love when tool covers No Quarter, but I would rather hear their original music... PJ does a bunch of covers, but most everyone prefers their original music. Imagine if when PJ toured, the shows became mostly covers songs. While you would still love their take on those songs, you would be bummed that they were playing less and less original material. Then you find out it is not just Pj playing mostly covers, it is a bunch of bands doing it, and they are all covering the same songs... so the rich community of bands writing and performing original new music, just became like any community of  bands playing covers in a bar on any given night in any bar across the globe.  Instead of creating new pop culture, new songs, they were just rehashing old ones we have all heard already. 

So it was sad to watch this pool of truly unique, clever, talented poster artists move away from original work and go into covering the work of things that were already created by another artist. 
  • AZAAZA Posts: 86
    Thanks for keeping us up to date BK, will wait and see if I got one when the dust settles, taken a screen shot just in case. Good luck!
  • crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,417
    available to add to cart again
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    Interesting. And thanks for the response. Most of the reason I stay away from movie posters is because if I want to see the characters, I can just watch the movie. 

Gig posters are truly unique (most of the time) which I very much appreciate. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
    jjflash said:
    scurtis said:
    scurtis said:

And get off my lawn!

BK, taking your question offer at face value.... 
    What are 5 to 10 albums that have been floating your boat lately?

oh good question! 

sadly the albums that float my boat, or are in heavy rotation, do not change too often.. the order changes a little or I can get super into one album for like 6 months and listen to it over and over and over... lately it has been this stuff;

- Battlefields Forever - Big Business
    - Flak n Flight - Masters of Reality 
    - Lera Lynn - all the songs from true decectives... cannot get enough of her voice and guitar tone..more spooky beautiful ambient songs please
    - any tool concert on youtube... funny how you hate the people filming the show at the show but you love them when you are not at the show. 
    - wovenhand has been getting some spins lately... and yes the singer is a christian and sings about god, it is not like creed though...plus I listen to all kinds of music that sings about the devil and have never had a desire to become a devil worshipper...check out the song king o kings by wovenhand... you most likely wont be annoyed because it is a song about god you will just go that song rocks 
    - the recent Queens record, while not my favorite queens record, has been getting some heavy rotation...feet dont fail me know, evil has landed, unreborn again, head like a haunted house... killer songs. 

• DeanoDeano Posts: 179
    Uh-oh.
    After all this time, my cart is now empty.........
    Even when i log back in.
    Aloha Stadium - Dec 09, 2006
    O2 Arena - Aug 18, 2009
    Hyde Park - Jun 25, 2010
    Manchester - #1 & #2, 2012
    EV: London #1 & #2 2012
    Leeds - July 8, 2014
    Milton Keynes - July 11, 2014
    EV: London - #1 & #2, 2017
    O2 Arena - June 18, 2018
    O2 Arena - June 19, 2018
    O2 Arena - July 17, 2018
    Hyde Park - July 10, 2020
    Hyde Park - #1 & #2, 2021 (hopefully!)
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    Add to cart button up!

• DeanoDeano Posts: 179
    And site is locked down
    Aloha Stadium - Dec 09, 2006
    O2 Arena - Aug 18, 2009
    Hyde Park - Jun 25, 2010
    Manchester - #1 & #2, 2012
    EV: London #1 & #2 2012
    Leeds - July 8, 2014
    Milton Keynes - July 11, 2014
    EV: London - #1 & #2, 2017
    O2 Arena - June 18, 2018
    O2 Arena - June 19, 2018
    O2 Arena - July 17, 2018
    Hyde Park - July 10, 2020
    Hyde Park - #1 & #2, 2021 (hopefully!)
  • ChadplamChadplam Alberta Posts: 186
    @bradklausen
    should we be adding to cart again and (re) purchasing or leaving as is?

2016- TOTD Seattle Night 1+2
    2018- Home Shows Night 1+2, Missoula 
  • coach pjcoach pj Posts: 215
    This does not sound good
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    Man, barcelona poster is a beauty. In person is 10 times better than the picture
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    available to add to cart again
    thanks for the heads up

have closed the site now to avoid more of the same issue. 

From what I am hearing it sounds like the issue at hand is not something that will get resolved today, sounds like there is some work that is required to get it fixed... maybe later this evening, but it might be something that I have to address with the people helping me on monday, as it is getting close to quitting time for them on a friday and they have already been gracious enough to try and see if they can help get this resolved quickly and I do not feel comfortable asking  them to give up their friday evening to keep helping me. I will keep you all up to date on all of it... and like I said will do my very best to make sure that if you carted the poster and were on your way to check out and got stopped, that you get what you carted. 

Again, all apologies for the faulty site and frustrating experience. I know you all just want one of the posters and trust me, I want to get them to you probably more then you want one! Once it gets figured out I will send out an email and FB post and post here and give you all the necessary info. 

Definitely not the day any of us were expecting, and not the work load I was planning on dealing with the next few days... but the site had this issue that I was unaware of, so I guess better to have it happen now, then say during some bigger sale in the future... 

okay time to walk away and get to the other things on the list for today... the moment I have news you guys will be the first to know..thank you again and as always for your patience and understanding and for digging the art 
  • TA243471TA243471 The Great Northwest Posts: 1,072
    Thanks for looking out for us BK
    • 2006: Gorge 1
    • 2009: Seattle 1
    • 2013: Seattle
    • 2016: Wrigley 1 & 2
    • 2018: Seattle 1&2, Montana
    • 2020: San Diego, LA 1&2, Oakland 1&2
    • 2022: San Diego, LA 1&2, Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Denver
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    Thanks Brad for the replies. I imagine it is going to be tough for you to work this out and hope no one tries to play you for unearned posters. 
    @bradklausen
     Thanks again for everything, fingers crossed for Monday!
    Carts are emptied.

• jlondon31jlondon31 Posts: 88
    Chadplam said:
    Carts are emptied.

Hopefully you got a screenshot, just in case. 
  • wwsuicidewwsuicide Posts: 1,299
    Yup. Mine emptied. I'm confident he will make us whole when said and done.
  • edoconedocon Posts: 300
    wwsuicide said:
    Yup. Mine emptied. I'm confident he will make us whole when said and done.
    I'm optimistic too. Even if for some reason BK can't make it happen, I'm at least appreciative of him coming on here and communicating with us throughout the day.
    okay will post this here too: 

PEARL JAM MADRID POSTER SALE UPDATE: 

So if you were one of the many who tried to purchase a Pearl Jam Madrid poster during the sale today, and carted the poster and got an error message on your way through the checkout process. This post is for you unfortunately.

Turns out there was an issue with my site and how it communicates with Paypal. My site uses credit cards as payment, but that is all processed through paypal, and my site had some out of date connection protocol with paypal that caused the issue today.

Hopefully it will get resolved as soon as possible, but that most likely will not happen until Monday or next week.

I very much want to honor and respect all the orders that people carted. So if you carted a poster and got the error message, here is what we need to do:

- if you took a screenshot of your cart or of the error message or of the be patient you resubmitted your payment page, email me but make sure to include these things (also if you already sent me a screenshot, please send it again with the info below):

1). Send me an email with this in the subject line: PJ MADRID- SCREENSHOT

INFO@ARTILLERYDESIGN.COM

2). in the email:
          - YOUR SCREENSHOT
          - YOUR FULL NAME
          - THE POSTER(S) YOU ORDERED
          - YOUR COUNTRY
          - YOUR PAYPAL EMAIL ADDRESS (IF YOU HAVE ONE, if you do not have one, things might be trickier to get you an invoice but we can figure it out)

- if you did not take a screenshot email me with the same info as above just change the subject line to read: PJ MADRID - NO SCREENSHOT  ....you gotta be honest here, PLEASE DO NOT LIE... I realize some people will or might try, dont be that guy or gal.

It will most likely take me some time to get things figured out as well as to get the issue with the site resolved, so hopefully by sometime next week I will be able to send out invoices to all who carted posters

Really sorry for the frustration and headache this may have caused any of you. It has certainly caused me some headache and frustration and a whole bunch more work to do to right this all.

bradk.

• cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Great guy.  Way to make things right.