2018 Euro Merch

Comments

• Options
    jpdannabellejpdannabelle T. Posts: 836
    edited July 2018
    on2legs said:
    demetrios said:
    One on ebay already for $725 Euros. Any takers?  :open_mouth:
    You gotta be a complete idiot to spend that kind of mula for a gig poster that was just released. An even bigger idiot if you are a 10club member that paid that much for it knowing 10club & the artist will be selling copies online. 
    Someone on this board offered me a Barcelona poster for 220 euros 2 hours after the show.......such disappointing behaviour.

Its not even a varient. Just standard show edition
    Why not screenshot so we know who that bastard is
    I would but its not really worth the hassle on public forums. Pm me and ill tell you.

They said it was "their friends" poster for sale who isnt in the 10c which to me is code for "i wanna rip off fans bit not get kicked out of the 10c"

Maybe they were actually doing me a favour and pointing me towards one for sale BUT if that was my friend id tell them to stop being a complete dickhead.

I know it sucks that some people buy on purpose just to flip for a profit. I thought about this for a while, and although it’s cheesy, is it really that different for someone to sell a “Kong” or a “Chief” for $1500 here on the forum? I’ve seen many sold around that price. They may be a few years old and it’s not an immediate flip but is it really that different? 1 poster per person should be enforced strictly though. I used to care but not so much anymore. It’s an opportunist’s world. Where there’s a chance to make a quick buck, someone will be there. For some reason the posters on this tour have popped up quickly on ebay. But let’s be realistic here, there are new listings everyday on the forum with members selling posters for many times what they payed originally. If everyone here were so honourable, someone would offer me their ‘98 Maui for the $10 it cost 20 years ago! =)

Oh, in case no one has heard, I’m looking for one single GA to Wrigley 1 :)
    I agree.  It’s not really much different.  My only issue with flipping is that people should not be able to buy more than one poster.  Let them frame, flip or burn that one poster as they see fit.  But limit people to only one poster.  
    Yes you’re right. Buying multiples for the sole purpose of flipping and leaving fans out of luck because they sell out = sleazy. One poster per person needs to be enforced. 
    Selling your own poster for whatever reason, for whatever someone is willing to pay, fair game. 

Still waiting for my $10 Maui ‘98 though....... B)

Post edited by jpdannabelle on
    ...........and Evelyn 

• Options
    Mr. FixerMr. Fixer Posts: 586
    edited July 2018
    demetrios said:
    Speaking of shipments, anybody receive or get shipping notification for their Slater poster yet?
  • Options
    EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827
    Mr. Fixer said:
    demetrios said:
    Speaking of shipments, anybody receive or get shipping notification for their Slater poster yet?
    People have started receiving their shipping info email from Slater today (Thursday) might just be the pre shipment info, but, that means they'll be on there way any day. Typical time frame for Slater. 
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    One on ebay already for $725 Euros. Any takers?  :open_mouth:
    You gotta be a complete idiot to spend that kind of mula for a gig poster that was just released. An even bigger idiot if you are a 10club member that paid that much for it knowing 10club & the artist will be selling copies online. 
    Someone on this board offered me a Barcelona poster for 220 euros 2 hours after the show.......such disappointing behaviour.

Its not even a varient. Just standard show edition
    Why not screenshot so we know who that bastard is
    I would but its not really worth the hassle on public forums. Pm me and ill tell you.

They said it was "their friends" poster for sale who isnt in the 10c which to me is code for "i wanna rip off fans bit not get kicked out of the 10c"

Maybe they were actually doing me a favour and pointing me towards one for sale BUT if that was my friend id tell them to stop being a complete dickhead.

I know it sucks that some people buy on purpose just to flip for a profit. I thought about this for a while, and although it’s cheesy, is it really that different for someone to sell a “Kong” or a “Chief” for $1500 here on the forum? I’ve seen many sold around that price. They may be a few years old and it’s not an immediate flip but is it really that different? 1 poster per person should be enforced strictly though. I used to care but not so much anymore. It’s an opportunist’s world. Where there’s a chance to make a quick buck, someone will be there. For some reason the posters on this tour have popped up quickly on ebay. But let’s be realistic here, there are new listings everyday on the forum with members selling posters for many times what they payed originally. If everyone here were so honourable, someone would offer me their ‘98 Maui for the $10 it cost 20 years ago! =)

Oh, in case no one has heard, I’m looking for one single GA to Wrigley 1 :)
    Oh i agree. A poster will have its worth almost immediately.

However 2 hours after the show when ive just got into bed is opportunistic and a piss take. The ink had barely dried on the poster.

I know there is nothing that can be done really bar making it 1 poster per person but i cant see that happening anytime soon as its needed to happen for ages
    Sealed vinyl is bad vinyl.
    1996 Wmbly London
    2006 Jools Holland, London / Reading festival
    2007 Wmbly London
    2009 SBE London / O2 London
    2012 MEN 1/ MEN 2 / Berlin 1 / Berlin 2 / EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2013 NY 1/ NY 2 / Philly 1 / Philly 2
    2014 AMS 1 / AMS 2 / Leeds / MK
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,878
    Has anybody reveived a shipping information from Matt Taylors Prague AP yet? 
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,719
    edited July 2018
    https://insidetherockposterframe.blogspot.com/2018/07/pearl-jam-madrid-poster-by-brad-klausen.html

Pearl Jam Madrid Poster By Brad Klausen Release

Pearl-Jam-Spain-Print-Brad-Klausen-2
    Pearl Jam's 2018 European tour is almost over and they were in Madrid last night and Brad Klausen designed the poster for the concert.

He based the poster of the song Lightning Bolt.

The poster measures 12" x 27" inches, 8 Color screen print that will have a signed and numbered artist edition of 200 and it will cost you $65 plus shipping.

On sale Friday at 3pm EDT at www.artillerydesign.com
  • Options
    I love that Brad K is going to have 200 AP's available. But, how is it fair that him and Ames get double the amount of AP's, then the rest of the artist? As well as Ames doing a variant, while others can't. IMO, all artist should be able to produce the same amount of AP's. Would have been nice to see 200 AP's from all artist. Oh well, good luck to all going after a Brad K AP later.
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,047
    EM194007 said:
    I love that Brad K is going to have 200 AP's available. But, how is it fair that him and Ames get double the amount of AP's, then the rest of the artist? As well as Ames doing a variant, while others can't. IMO, all artist should be able to produce the same amount of AP's. Would have been nice to see 200 AP's from all artist. Oh well, good luck to all going after a Brad K AP later.
    I think they are "grandfathered" in with permission from the band.  read that somewhere in year's past
  • Options
    MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,053
    EM194007 said:
    I think they are "grandfathered" in with permission from the band.  read that somewhere in year's past
    Yea they probably have special deals with PJ since they've worked together for so long.  I'm fine with that.  
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • Options
    MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,053
    EM194007 said:
    Mr. Fixer said:
    demetrios said:
    People have started receiving their shipping info email from Slater today (Thursday) might just be the pre shipment info, but, that means they'll be on there way any day. Typical time frame for Slater. 
    I've also ordered plenty of thing from Slater that just show up without any notification so don't be surprised if that happens as well. 
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    EM194007 said:
    I fully understand the history both have with the band. But, it still isn't fair to all the other artist, IMO. 
  • Options
    PopmartijnPopmartijn Posts: 382
    EM194007 said:
    EM194007 said:
    I fully understand the history both have with the band. But, it still isn't fair to all the other artist, IMO. 
    It isn't about fairness, it's about price. Ames and Klausen apparently are more expensive to get a poster from. They command a higher price. And apparently Pearl Jam is OK with that, willing to pay them more to design a poster. The other artists also could've demanded more posters for their APs. Maybe Pearl Jam would've paid them more, maybe they would've chosen a different designer then. It's the basic rules of supply and demand.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,933
    EM194007 said:
    EM194007 said:
    It isn't about fairness, it's about price. Ames and Klausen apparently are more expensive to get a poster from. They command a higher price. And apparently Pearl Jam is OK with that, willing to pay them more to design a poster. The other artists also could've demanded more posters for their APs. Maybe Pearl Jam would've paid them more, maybe they would've chosen a different designer then. It's the basic rules of supply and demand.
    Source for this info?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    PopmartijnPopmartijn Posts: 382
    EM194007 said:
    EM194007 said:
    Source for this info?
    My deduction as other artists get 100 APs and Ames and Klausen apparently 200. Earlier in this thread Brad Klausen himself indicated that that's how they (the artists) get paid. They get a number of posters to sell in their own shop. So if you get (demand) more APs then you can sell more, thus make more money. 
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    Artists are not commissioned for their work?
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,382
    edited July 2018
    Paid throuh AP’s. No way it has anything to do with demand letting him sell 200. Just his relationship with the band nore than likely. Same reason they let Ames have variants.

I do agree that isn’t fair to other artists though
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    Hobbes said:
    Artists are not commissioned for their work?

As for artist copies, that is how the artist gets paid by the merchandise company. Each artist only gets x amount as payment. So the artist copies will always be limited. 

• Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    Right. I read that post from Brad. I didn't properly convey the tone in my post. I am shocked that the artists are not commissioned for their work initially and then given an allotment of APs to sell for extra income. Brad even mentioned that if a poster does not sell, then he is stuck with extra inventory. This too means he is not paid for his work. Doesn't seem right.
  • Options
    droptheleash9droptheleash9 Posts: 1,336
    For what it's worth, I believe Brad has also mentioned that relative to other bands, Pearl Jam takes care of its poster artists
  • Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,057
    EM194007 said:
    EM194007 said:

Source for this info?
    My deduction as other artists get 100 APs and Ames and Klausen apparently 200. Earlier in this thread Brad Klausen himself indicated that that's how they (the artists) get paid. They get a number of posters to sell in their own shop. So if you get (demand) more APs then you can sell more, thus make more money. 
    I think I remember reading that too (why he and Ames are under different rules) from him on this forum. Maybe in the thread regarding EV solo tour posters last year? 
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,220
    Paid throuh AP’s. No way it has anything to do with demand letting him sell 200. Just his relationship with the band nore than likely. Same reason they let Ames have variants.

I do agree that isn’t fair to other artists though
    Of course they aren't all sold for same price.

Brad is selling 200 Madrid's at $65.00 each = $13,000.00
    Krakow was 100 at $140.00 each = $14,000.00
    The $140 included postage so its less than 14K to the artist, but I doubt any of these guys are feeling slighted by the band if they can make at a minimum $6,500.00 for a single gig poster (assuming it sells all 100 APs)
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,719
    One hour to go! :) 
  • Options
    RW8297RW8297 Posts: 1,581
    demetrios said:
    One hour to go! :) 
    I guess this time should be easy. Do you think they will sell out?
  • Options
    canuck79canuck79 Posts: 120
    Is anyone having problems logging on to http://www.artillerydesign.com/ ?
    "Run away my son. See it all. Oh see the world.
    ----
    1998 - Montreal 8/20
    2003 - Montreal 6/29
    2006 - Boston 5/24, Boston 5/25
    2008 - Mansfield, MA 6/28
    2009 - Toronto 8/21
    2010 - Buffalo 5/10, Berlin, DE 6/30
    2011 - East Troy, WI 9/3, East Troy, WI 9/4, Toronto 9/11, Toronto 9/12, Hamilton, ON 9/15
    2013 - London, ON 7/16
    2016 - Ottawa 5/8, Toronto 5/10, Toronto 5/12, Boston 8/7
    2018 - London, UK 6/18, Milan, IT 6/22, Chicago 8/18, Chicago 8/20
    2022 - Hamilton, ON 09/06, Toronto 09/08, Nashville 09/16
    2023 - Chicago 09/07, Austin, TX 09/18, Austin, TX 09/19
    EV Solo
    2008 - Toronto 8/13
    2011 - Detroit 6/26
    TOTD
    2016 - NYC 11/7
  • Options
    bradklausenbradklausen Posts: 363
    EM194007 said:
    this. 

Ames used to do entire tours, now they get two dates. And if it were not for Ames, I am not sure any of us would be as interested in these things. Pearl Jam would have done posters at some point like most bands, but I truly believe it was the creativity and style of the Ames Bros, and the fact they did entire tour legs, that established the majority of our interest in pj posters.  So for me personally, I never have a problem if Ames gets variants or more posters to sell and other artists do not... not only did they establish the scene, and set the bar really high, but they went from doing whole tours to just being one artist on the roster and only getting two dates. Myself I used to get 3 or 4 dates a leg... so I think to make up for losing dates, we get a little extra. 

and yes, PJ takes very good care of poster artists... just look at the wrigley / fenway shows, that was the best compensation for artists I have ever seen in all my years doing this. No other band is that generous. 

and yes if you do not sell your posters you do not get paid, that is the risk you take, so you better do a good job!... you can ask to get paid a flat rate, or roll the dice and sell posters on your own for x amount of dollars and make a bit more then you would with the flat rate 
  • Options
    camsjamcamsjam Posts: 375
    Just tried to check my login was working and the site seems to be locked. Will have to wait 52 mins. I think
  • Options
    jpdannabellejpdannabelle T. Posts: 836
    canuck79 said:
    Is anyone having problems logging on to http://www.artillerydesign.com/ ?
    Yes me too. Not sure what’s going on. 
    ...........and Evelyn 

• Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,382
    He shuts the site down. Will have to login anyways at drop time
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    canuck79canuck79 Posts: 120
    Thanks.  Is that typical for him before his drops?
    "Run away my son. See it all. Oh see the world.
    ----
    1998 - Montreal 8/20
    2003 - Montreal 6/29
    2006 - Boston 5/24, Boston 5/25
    2008 - Mansfield, MA 6/28
    2009 - Toronto 8/21
    2010 - Buffalo 5/10, Berlin, DE 6/30
    2011 - East Troy, WI 9/3, East Troy, WI 9/4, Toronto 9/11, Toronto 9/12, Hamilton, ON 9/15
    2013 - London, ON 7/16
    2016 - Ottawa 5/8, Toronto 5/10, Toronto 5/12, Boston 8/7
    2018 - London, UK 6/18, Milan, IT 6/22, Chicago 8/18, Chicago 8/20
    2022 - Hamilton, ON 09/06, Toronto 09/08, Nashville 09/16
    2023 - Chicago 09/07, Austin, TX 09/18, Austin, TX 09/19
    EV Solo
    2008 - Toronto 8/13
    2011 - Detroit 6/26
    TOTD
    2016 - NYC 11/7
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,933
    canuck79 said:
    Thanks.  Is that typical for him before his drops?
    Ha said so in this very thread.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"