Options

Man's Best Friend

I love dogs.

The SAS patrol wasn’t expecting to suddenly face a “360-degree ambush” by the jihadis and were running out of options, as they were cornered.

Suddenly, a nearby military service dog that is a Belgian Malinois, which is a breed of sheepdog that’s known for its strength, attacked one of the jihadi gunmen and tore out his throat, according to reports.

The other jihadi gunmen then fled the scene to avoid being the dog’s next victims.

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2018/07/british-sas-dog-rips-out-jihadi-gunmans-throat-to-save-soldiers/

Comments

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,298
    War sucks there are no winners we all loose in the long run and Dogs are awsome too bad they have to be used for such horrible situations !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 2,974
    We provide care for service dogs at our animal hospital. The degree of their training is unbelievable. Truly remarkable animals.

I also wish that their job wasn't needed but they undoubtedly save lives in really shitty situations. 
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,718
    edited July 2018
    What a messed up world where "man's best friend" (I guess women don't count) are turned into killers posed against other men and women. 

And how odd that on a fan club site for a band that is definitely left-leaning and anti-war (but not anti service men and women), there always those who strive to push the train onto other tracks.  Oh well, keeps us amused I suppose.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,242
    edited July 2018
    I'm with Brian on this. The fact that we train dogs to viciously attack people is cruel. I'm glad this dog saved their lives from terrorists, but there is no win in that situation when it comes to humanitarian acts. It's sad that we celebrate a dog killing people because we've trained it to do so. Dogs truly are an amazing creature and prove the ability of "man" to control creatures for all the wrong reasons.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Dogs are the best...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117

I love dogs.

The SAS patrol wasn’t expecting to suddenly face a “360-degree ambush” by the jihadis and were running out of options, as they were cornered.

Suddenly, a nearby military service dog that is a Belgian Malinois, which is a breed of sheepdog that’s known for its strength, attacked one of the jihadi gunmen and tore out his throat, according to reports.

The other jihadi gunmen then fled the scene to avoid being the dog’s next victims.

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2018/07/british-sas-dog-rips-out-jihadi-gunmans-throat-to-save-soldiers/
    this is the story you pick to show your love of dogs?

Weird
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    my2hands said:

I love dogs.

Weird
    This is actually a good story to illustrate why dog is mans best ... the dog jumped in and saved the SAS patrol ... all the dog needed was is instincts, strength and the viciousness...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,718
    my2hands said:

I love dogs.

Weird
    This is actually a good story to illustrate why dog is mans best ... the dog jumped in and saved the SAS patrol ... all the dog needed was is instincts, strength and the viciousness...

Vicious
    You hit me with a flower
    you do it every hour
    Oh, baby, your so viscous

Vicious
    You want me to hit you with a stick
    But all I've got is a guitar pick
    Huh, baby, you're so vicious

-Lou Reed

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Any good dog mauling stories out there today?