Kiss

Comments

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 8,355

Love Gun (1977). Fun album! Four stars every other day. Except for Christine Sixteen - what the hell(?). Tomorrow and Tonight is more fun than Rock and Roll All Nite. Nice to (finally) have Ace in the mix of singers.
    The man they call my enemy. I've seen his eyes, he looks just like me - A mirror...
    2019 - LETS GO!!!

:( 
    The man they call my enemy. I've seen his eyes, he looks just like me - A mirror...
  • Thirty Bills UnpaidThirty Bills Unpaid Posts: 14,860
    2019 - LETS GO!!!

Eesh.

That's not the finest vocal performance I've heard.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    2019 - LETS GO!!!

Eesh.

That's not the finest vocal performance I've heard.
    Haha. No it is not.

Gene still sounds mighty fine though.

Alive II (1977). Nice ”live” album but weaker than the first. There is an excessive amount of (fake) crowd noise on here and filling out the last side with studio songs irks me. Rocket Ride is fun of course. 

• Alive II (1977). Nice ”live” album but weaker than the first. There is an excessive amount of (fake) crowd noise on here and filling out the last side with studio songs irks me. Rocket Ride is fun of course. 

Love Larger Than Life. An awesome song!

Alive II (1977). Nice ”live” album but weaker than the first. There is an excessive amount of (fake) crowd noise on here and filling out the last side with studio songs irks me. Rocket Ride is fun of course. 

Love Larger Than Life. An awesome song!
    It's a pretty cool song!

GENE SIMMONS (1978). A bit surprising they didn’t go all in on their personas with the solo albums. This is very soft sounding. Anyways, this is a really nice sounding album and Genes voice works great with Female backing vocals. And it starts great with Radioactive, Burning up with Fever and See you Tonight. But then it peters out into blandness. But still close to three stars and worth take a listen too.
    edited July 19

PAUL STANLEY (1978). Second half is such a bore. It feels like it tries to take itself to seriously, which is one of Pauls less charming traits.

• PAUL STANLEY (1978). Second half is such a bore. It feels like it tries to take itself to seriously, which is one of Pauls less charming traits.

There's some positives here. Love In Chains is a good song. Tonight... is a good song. Wouldn't You... is a good song.

To my way of thinking, this album was a clear cut winner of the four.

I agree with your assessment of Paul's personality trait.
    edited July 20

PAUL STANLEY (1978). Second half is such a bore. It feels like it tries to take itself to seriously, which is one of Pauls less charming traits.

There's some positives here. Love In Chains is a good song. Tonight... is a good song. Wouldn't You... is a good song.

Move On and Wouldn't You I really like. 

But there are some slog. 

Btw - has you @Thirty Bills Unpaid seen Gene Simmons live solo? It's a damn good show - a lot better than a KISS show I would think.

• PAUL STANLEY (1978). Second half is such a bore. It feels like it tries to take itself to seriously, which is one of Pauls less charming traits.

But there are some slog. 

Btw - has you @Thirty Bills Unpaid seen Gene Simmons live solo? It's a damn good show - a lot better than a KISS show I would think.

I haven't. I've seen Kiss one time.

They were the first band I really got into. Rock and Roll Over was the very first album I purchased with money from my paper route. I went into the record store to buy Destroyer (Detroit Rock City), but I switched at the display stand.
    edited July 20

But there are some slog. 

I haven't. I've seen Kiss one time.

They were the first band I really got into. Rock and Roll Over was the very first album I purchased with money from my paper route. I went into the record store to buy Destroyer (Detroit Rock City), but I switched at the display stand.
    Oh cool. I haven't seen KISS, didn't go last spring when they played my town.

But I can't see how they would be cooler too see than Gene solo (or Ace solo which I would love) when it comes to setlists and "having fun".
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • I loved the show. I came in with minimal expectations even though we had seats on the floor row 3 dead center and the band exceeded my expectations in a big way. BIG way!

Setlist:
    Modern Day Delilah
    Cold Gin
    Play Video
    Say Yeah 
    Do You Love Me
    Calling Dr. Love
    Shock Me
    God of Thunder
    Love Gun
    100,000 Years
    I Love It Loud
    Black Diamond
    Detroit Rock City

Encore:
    Beth
    Lick It Up
    Shout It Out Loud
    Rock and Roll All Nite

Highlights:
    Cold Gin, Firehouse, Do You Love Me, Love Gun, ... so good this show!

I loved the show. I came in with minimal expectations even though we had seats on the floor row 3 dead center and the band exceeded my expectations in a big way. BIG way!

Setlist:
    Modern Day Delilah
    Cold Gin
    Play Video
    Say Yeah 
    Do You Love Me
    Calling Dr. Love
    Shock Me
    God of Thunder
    Love Gun
    100,000 Years
    I Love It Loud
    Black Diamond
    Detroit Rock City

Encore:
    Beth
    Lick It Up
    Shout It Out Loud
    Rock and Roll All Nite

Highlights:

My Gene Simmons show. At an amusement park here in Sweden :) 

1. Shout It Out Loud
    2. Parasite
    3. I Love It Loud
    4. Unholy (just the beginning)
    5. Love Theme from Kiss
    6. War Machine
    7. She's So European
    8. Calling Dr. Love
    9. Charisma
    10. I
    11. Cold Gin
    12. Do You Love Me
    13. It’s My Life
    14. Watchin' You
    15. Fits Like a Glove
    16. Let Me Go, Rock 'N' Roll
    17. Rock and Roll All Nite
    18. Encore:
    19. Christine Sixteen

Hoping for KISS (or Ace) to come to Sweden in 2019. Would be cool.
  • I loved the show. I came in with minimal expectations even though we had seats on the floor row 3 dead center and the band exceeded my expectations in a big way. BIG way!

Setlist:
    Modern Day Delilah
    Cold Gin
    Play Video
    Say Yeah 
    Do You Love Me
    Calling Dr. Love
    Shock Me
    God of Thunder
    Love Gun
    100,000 Years
    I Love It Loud
    Black Diamond
    Detroit Rock City

Encore:
    Beth
    Lick It Up
    Shout It Out Loud
    Rock and Roll All Nite

Highlights:

My Gene Simmons show. At an amusement park here in Sweden :) 

1. Shout It Out Loud
    2. Parasite
    3. I Love It Loud
    4. Unholy (just the beginning)
    5. Love Theme from Kiss
    6. War Machine
    7. She's So European
    8. Calling Dr. Love
    9. Charisma
    10. I
    11. Cold Gin
    12. Do You Love Me
    13. It’s My Life
    14. Watchin' You
    15. Fits Like a Glove
    16. Let Me Go, Rock 'N' Roll
    17. Rock and Roll All Nite
    18. Encore:
    19. Christine Sixteen

Hoping for KISS (or Ace) to come to Sweden in 2019. Would be cool.

Some great songs here!

PETER CRISS (1978). There is something really funny about Peter not really liking the KISS sound - as soon as he got the chance he goes off in an entirely different direction. Weak album with 2-3 fun songs. Almost one star.

• PETER CRISS (1978). There is something really funny about Peter not really liking the KISS sound - as soon as he got the chance he goes off in an entirely different direction. Weak album with 2-3 fun songs. Almost one star.

I think you've been generous. I'd give it one star. Maybe even a half a star. Not a good album at all.

I think we are going to disagree on the value of the solo albums lol. I thought Paul's was the best by far. Then Ace. Then Gene. Then a distant Peter.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom'sPosts: 7,607

PETER CRISS (1978). There is something really funny about Peter not really liking the KISS sound - as soon as he got the chance he goes off in an entirely different direction. Weak album with 2-3 fun songs. Almost one star.

I think you've been generous. I'd give it one star. Maybe even a half a star. Not a good album at all.

I think we are going to disagree on the value of the solo albums lol. I thought Paul's was the best by far. Then Ace. Then Gene. Then a distant Peter.
    agreed
    Former BernieBro, turned Hillary rotten Clinton #1 Fanboy

1998: Noblesville
    2003: Noblesville
    2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville
    2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago
    2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1
    2018: Wrigley #1, Wrigley #2, Boston #1, Boston #2
  • Fixer13Fixer13 Posts: 145
    Cool pinball machine B) played their song Black Diamond in the background. 

"How do afford your rock 'n roll lifestyle?"- Cake

Maybe we can agree on Ace.

ACE FREHLEY (1978). The highlight of the solo albums. For sure. Fun, catchy rock tunes. A breeze to get through.
    Fixer13 said:
    Cool pinball machine B) played their song Black Diamond in the background. 

Is this the one that is in the background of Friday the 13th part II? Maybe there was only one KISS pinball, or as two different ones released?

• PETER CRISS (1978). There is something really funny about Peter not really liking the KISS sound - as soon as he got the chance he goes off in an entirely different direction. Weak album with 2-3 fun songs. Almost one star.

Maybe we can agree on Ace.

ACE FREHLEY (1978). The highlight of the solo albums. For sure. Fun, catchy rock tunes. A breeze to get through.

NYG... is a really really good song, but I still think Paul's was the best of the four. Ace's was second in my mind.
  • On an out of control youtube skid and just listened to Hard Luck Woman.

Man that brings back memories. What a great tune.
  • And this one too:

• Last One (one of my all time fave Kiss tunes):

Last One (one of my all time fave Kiss tunes):

What do you think of Aces version?

• Last One (one of my all time fave Kiss tunes):

Never heard before. I like it. The extended solo is cool.

Original still does more for me (as most originals do).
    Last One (one of my all time fave Kiss tunes):

Never heard before. I like it. The extended solo is cool.

Original still does more for me (as most originals do).
    Like his cover of Rock and Roll Hell too.

KISS version of that one is great too.

DYNASTY (1979). KISS’ poprock songs get even better with some funk and disco. So obvious. Vini Poncia is the best thing to happen to KISS. Dynasty is an album filled with great songs - and I count I Was Made For Lovin’ You into that group. Not much holding it from five stars. Maybe another Peter Criss banger would have tipped it over - Dirty Livin’ is so damn groovy.