MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,851
    mrussel1 said:
    I hate bunting.  I hate pitchers batting. Bronx Bombers, baby.  None of this small ball crap.

JD Martinez and Judge are never going to bunt.  It's just not going to happen.
    They also aren't pulling a shift on them either.

I do miss the art of the stolen base though.  Give me Vince Coleman in his first 3 years any day!
    This has been a big change in baseball too.  You no longer have light hitting speed guys in the lineup.  They are a dead breed.  So you have bad bunting, no base stealing and bad moving of the runners from station to station.  Vince Coleman probably wouldn't get a sniff anymore.  Kenny Lofton may not have as well.  Lead off guys hit for power.  
    There is a player that I am following in the minors by the name of Kevin Merrell, remember I told u all this, he is a speedster, like olympic type speedster.  Think of him as Trea Turner on ill!

I'm hoping that he regenerates this play in ball as Ichiro could not...

Ty Cobb hated the HR.  He thought that small ball was more of a challenging part of the game.  He once homered in a few games in a row and told a reporter "I'm going for Homeruns" just to show that he could do it.

Bring me a few slap hitters and speedsters please.  I love when a players runs are more than their RBI's...

Here is why I love Merrell..
    Image result for kevin merrell
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    South Florida player.. I played for USF... sort of.  Went to school there and did practice squad work.  My arm was jacked up since my senior year in HS so didn't get an offer.

Is he in an org now?  What class?
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    mrussel1 said:
    I hate bunting.  I hate pitchers batting. Bronx Bombers, baby.  None of this small ball crap.

I do miss the art of the stolen base though.  Give me Vince Coleman in his first 3 years any day!
    This has been a big change in baseball too.  You no longer have light hitting speed guys in the lineup.  They are a dead breed.  So you have bad bunting, no base stealing and bad moving of the runners from station to station.  Vince Coleman probably wouldn't get a sniff anymore.  Kenny Lofton may not have as well.  Lead off guys hit for power.  
    There is a player that I am following in the minors by the name of Kevin Merrell, remember I told u all this, he is a speedster, like olympic type speedster.  Think of him as Trea Turner on ill!

Ty Cobb hated the HR.  He thought that small ball was more of a challenging part of the game.  He once homered in a few games in a row and told a reporter "I'm going for Homeruns" just to show that he could do it.

Bring me a few slap hitters and speedsters please.  I love when a players runs are more than their RBI's...

Ty Cobb hated black people too.  He was also a dickhead.  His opinions are bad.
    mrussel1 said:

He was a total dick.  I do like small ball though.  
    mrussel1 said:

I'll listen to him talk baseball as one of the greatest baseball players ever.  mrussel1 said:
    South Florida player.. I played for USF... sort of.  Went to school there and did practice squad work.  My arm was jacked up since my senior year in HS so didn't get an offer.

Is he in an org now?  What class?
    Single A for the Athletics currently.  He was a first round pick.
  • gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    Wow Hamels and Happ both getting blasted today.
    These two guys might be the two best SP's out there at the deadline.

David Price losing his control and just HBP the tying run...
    He stinks
    He stinks
    His downward spiral since leaving Tampa has been astounding.  He should be in his prime right now.  
    He stinks
    Yankees should be happy that they didn't get him.
  • David Price losing his control and just HBP the tying run...
    He stinks

Agreed.

He resembles a BP pitcher.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • While we're knocking pitchers... my gawd Sonny Gray is the right handed version of Price.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    While we're knocking pitchers... my gawd Sonny Gray is the right handed version of Price.
    Worse...but at least he’s not getting paid $200mil
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    It’s a travesty that Bryce Harper will be starting in the all-star game. Hope he grounds out into the shift like he has all year. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    I don't follow baseball but I just came here to say Carlos Gomez drew inspiration from:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeonBmeFR8o
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    J.T. Realmuto should have been voted in as N.L. starting catcher. Players elected Posey over him. It took MLB office to get him in.
    I miss igotid88
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Snell didn't make it?  They need to stop picking one player from every team.  Nobody cares to see undeserving players rewarded save people who embrace mediocrity. 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Snell didn't make it?  They need to stop picking one player from every team.  Nobody cares to see undeserving players rewarded save people who embrace mediocrity. 
    igotid88 said:
    J.T. Realmuto should have been voted in as N.L. starting catcher. Players elected Posey over him. It took MLB office to get him in.
    The starting team is by fan votes...

edited July 2018
    igotid88 said:

I know that. But the reserves are voted by players and the league. Wilson Contreras is the starting NL catcher. Then Posey was 1st reserve. MLB then picked Realmuto
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:

I know that. But the reserves are voted by players and the league. Wilson Contreras is the starting NL catcher. Then Posey was 1st reserve. MLB then picked Realmuto
    Ahhh got it.  It's never perfect unfortunately.
    I just saw a piece on Tim Tebow.  He made the AA All-Star team.  That is one hell of an accomplishment.  Good for him.
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:

Players wanted a vote for this very reason because they felt players were not recognized. But they do the same as well
    I miss igotid88
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Harper isn’t having a good year, for certain. But after the moonshot I saw him hit tonight at PNC, it’s clear why fans voted for the guy. He hit the damn batter’s eye in dead center. Got to see Soto go yard, too. And Polanco for the Bucs.

Anwyay, here’s Bryce doing what he does best this season:

(If you’re looking for the ball in his pic, Cervelli is about to throw it down the third baseline.)
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    :lol:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:

Players wanted a vote for this very reason because they felt players were not recognized. But they do the same as well
    Yep, exactly.

Let the fans vote.  

Hell Dale Jr was the most popular NASCAR driver for 12 years straight or something and I think he won 12 races over that span?
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    bartolo fucking colon can pass pedro fucking martinez to pass juan marichal for most wins as a dominican pitcher.

colon > marichal? puhleeze. :angry: face 
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    edited July 2018
    Wobbie said:
    bartolo fucking colon can pass pedro fucking martinez to pass juan marichal for most wins as a dominican pitcher.

colon > marichal? puhleeze. :angry: face 
    Saw a star that the Boston  coaching staff has more at bats against him than the team 
    Pedro ,= best Latino SP ever.  Nobody is close.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Pedro ,= best Latino SP ever.  Nobody is close.
    I will not agree as Marichal was an friggin beast back in a friendly hitters era.