*** Prague, Czech Republic Fanviews Here 7/1/18 ***

Comments

• oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    mrk2 said:
    TH113769 said:
    Show was best of tour - not even close.  Band was on fire.  I do feel bad for many 10C GA holders that couldn't get in to the section as so many people were crammed in.  
    What was crazy was that there was loads of room in that area but on the right hand side. I nipped out to the loo and couldn’t believe how cramped it was at the entrance. The right hand side had loads of space . I felt bad for all the people cramped into the entrance. 

General rule at every concert. If entrance to given area is on one side, there is always more room on the other side. I’ve seen some ridicilous examples over the years. 
    I figured that there would be more room further in, but getting there was really tough. People were crammed in so close together that getting through was difficult, and you faced a lot of dirty looks, and more. We eventually just gave up trying to move. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Super VedderSuper Vedder Posts: 1,531
    I think this was my favourite show out of 30+, the energy was just incredible, everyone in the seats were stood up and it was bouncing. We had brilliant seats right next to Mikes side. I'm getting emotional reading all the comments, bring on Berlin! 
    Black, the greatest without a doubt........
  • nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    Wow, that looks like a scorcher. Very happy for all in attendance 

'98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • RideRickRideRick Hoorn Posts: 703
    Tremor Christ... Damn.  :bee:

| Pinkpop 1992 *BEST EVER | Rotterdam 1993 | Amsterdam 1996 | Pinkpop 2000 | Arnhem 2006 | Nijmegen 2007 | Rotterdam 2009 | Nijmegen 2010 | Amsterdam I + II 2012 ** | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2012 First European Concert *EPIC*| Amsterdam I + II 2014 | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2016 night I  | Amsterdam I + II 2018 | Amsterdam I -> Canceled  +  II 2022 *EPIC
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,412
    666erm said:
    23scidoo said:
    Great show, great crowd, amazing energy..six new songs for me last night..thank you Prague!!
    Which six? It was my 21st show and I got Brain of J, Man of the Hour, and The End for the first time. I’ve been fortunate enough to get new songs at every single show I’ve been to. Hoping to continue the streak at Krakow and Lisbon.
    Tremor Christ
    LBC
    STBC
    Man of the hour
    Help help
    The end
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
    Sandy66 said:
    Was a great show to end my 6 show run and now home to Australia. I have seen some fantastic shows and been to some amazing cities and met some great people. Thank you Pearl Jam for giving me the inspiration to travel the world. 
    This is the biggest gift they give us..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    I'm still abuzz after that show. I was already pumped pre-show because of Tavares signing with the Leafs, and the show brought me to an entirely new level. The first set was intense with favorites from Yields and Vitalogy rocking us early. The "Help"/"Help Help" combo was unexpected and greatly appreciated. No complaints from me tonight, and I'm hoping to hear some Binaural and No Code in the coming dates.

I'd be remiss if I didn't mention that crowd. They brought the energy and were singing and dancing non-stop.

See you in Krakòw!

Were you in the bluejays hat? If so, was standing right in front of you haha.
    Nah, but he was nearby, I was a little deeper into the crowd.
  • StrykerStryker Upstate, NY Posts: 585
    Sandy66 said:
    Was a great show to end my 6 show run and now home to Australia. I have seen some fantastic shows and been to some amazing cities and met some great people. Thank you Pearl Jam for giving me the inspiration to travel the world. 
    Love this!
  • mschostokmschostok Chicago, IL Posts: 858
    Can anyone elaborate on this improv? Any videos?
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    Eddie Vedder Obama Farewell Address 2017
    Eddie Vedder Louisville, KY 2017
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,218
    mschostok said:

Umm, it was awesome? (It was) I thought maybe it was a new song they were working on, at first.

In general, I thought the set list reflected Ed's frustration with our current political situation. This improv.did the same.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • PeArLgOoNeRPeArLgOoNeR Posts: 1,247
    mschostok said:
    It sounded like something they've been working on.. Pretty polished.. And totally awesome!

Hamburg 2000, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, Berlin 2010, Berlin 1+2 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Vienna 2014, Berlin 2014, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018
  • Luckytwn1Luckytwn1 Posts: 489
    edited July 2018
    I totally agree with what’s already been said. This show was scorching hot. My only show of this European run but I thought it was the best show I’ve seen since the 5/21/10 MSG show. I knew we were in for a good night when Courdory was absolutely huge. And the crowd, holy crap. The energy was off the charts. The band’s performance was as tight as everyone is describing and that really fed the already frenzied crowd. 

The Love Boat Captain-Help-Help Help segment was a stunner. Can’t wait to hear the bootleg. 
    Post edited by Luckytwn1 on
  • opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,087
    I taped the show just FYI. Didn’t bring my laptop to Europe though so I won’t be able to transfer for a week or two
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • D.FrankD.Frank Posts: 486
    I taped the show just FYI. Didn’t bring my laptop to Europe though so I won’t be able to transfer for a week or two
    Cool! Thanks and looking forward to hear it!
    In the meantime i listen to your U2 DC recordings! :)
    Are you gonna try to tape more PJ and/or U2 shows?
    Greetings
  • memememe Posts: 4,693
    23scidoo said:
    Sandy66 said:
    This is the biggest gift they give us..
    Ditto. Van Gogh Museum after Amsterdam, Cappella degli Scrovegni before Padova, Galleria Borghese after Rome. Still can't believe I saw all of this in a month (on top of fantastic shows, of course)
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
    D.Frank said:
    Cool! Thanks and looking forward to hear it!
    In the meantime i listen to your U2 DC recordings! :)
    Are you gonna try to tape more PJ and/or U2 shows?
    Greetings
    Nothing more this year most likely. I am doing this whole run as well as Fenway 1 but not sure what shows I will tape and what shows I won’t 
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    I feel some Vitalogy full album show on the horizon! Berlin maybe? 
    Seattle I.

They were doing all those amazing album shows, but have never played Seattle since.  I always assumed they left one for Seattle.  
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    No, I wont be quiet.........

Cant wait for the USA shows 
  • What an amazing night in Prague!
    ...swallowed my breath and went deep, I was diving, I was diving
    I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened...
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    Just home from Europe after seeing the Prague and Krakow shows.  Amazing. The energy, the setlists.  Wow. 

Just wanted to thank the band from the bottom of my heart for what transpired at the beginning of the second set in Prague.  My father passed away suddenly and far too young in January of 2017 and I insisted that Man of the Hour be played at his funeral.  After hearing the song my brother agreed it was beautiful and it was played as we entered the chapel as a family.  Of course, now I cannot her the song without thinking of my father and all he meant to me.  When the second set began and Ed walked out alone I sensed it would be the song. I don't know why (I even mentioned it to a few new friends in the GA lineup before the concert) but I did.  As the song played it was as if I could finally grieve for the loss of my dad and the tears rolled down my face. As the oldest sibling I was strong for everyone and in the year and a half since I have grieved in my own way, however all the memory flashes that occurred during the song reminded me he is really never gone and I will continue to make him proud. 

Now, I also lost my maternal grandfather this year at the age of 83 after a long two-year battle with lung cancer. He was no ordinary 83 year old and I think this terrible disease robbed him of another decade of a happy, healthy life.  As the eldest grandson we held a special bond.  In fact, Gramps and I were as close as any father and son.  Until my wife met Gramps she could not figure out my personality as I was so different from Mom, my brothers, my dad, etc.   The "a-ha"moment came after spending about 10 minutes with Gramps. 

Now I mention this because we drove from Calgary to Penticton, BC (about 8 hours) to see my grandfather at the hospice where he was staying to pass away with dignity.  He had fought long enough and the writing was on the wall.  We made it in the early afternoon and my aunt and my mother asked us to stay with him for the night and indicating he was waiting for me.  When he knew I was there he held my hand tight and tried to say something to me... but the words would not come.  That night my grandfather passed away peacefully with his hand in mine..... and I do not have the words to describe that moment.

After calling family members to let them know the inevitable news (the folks at the Moog hospice were wonderful and knew what the plans were) we all agreed to meet at Grandma's home.  We jumped into my truck to head over there as if by some divine intervention, within seconds Sirius PJ Radio began playing "The End".  My wife and I welled up in emotion and the tears streamed down our cheeks. 

Playing these two songs back-to-back is indescribable and I want to thank the boys (and Ed particularly) for unknowingly making this the night this PJ fan needed the most. Special thanks to my new 10c friends who were there for me and my wife as the songs played.  These songs will always hold special meaning to me and one night in Prague I was finally able to properly say goodbye to the two most important male figures I ever had in my life.  
  • dresi_4dresi_4 Czech Republic Posts: 92
    Just home from Europe after seeing the Prague and Krakow shows.  Amazing. The energy, the setlists.  Wow. 

Hey, friend! Love it that you got those songs. It was great meeting you and spending the time in the 10c line with you!
    2014 Vienna
    2018 Prague, Krakow
    2022 Krakow, Prague
  • nesslernessler Posts: 11
    "man of the hour", been wanting to hear that for ages... attended Amsterdam night 1, going home the second night to find out later it got played. We requested it via a sign last year in Antwerp (Belgium) during Ed's solo concert where he noticed it and said 'I am considering it'. I don't know if he writes things like these down, but we're missing out on Werchter this evening so if gets played tonight in Belgium I'll be eating my hat... without salt and pepper.

• 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    dresi_4 said:

Hey, friend! Love it that you got those songs. It was great meeting you and spending the time in the 10c line with you!
    Cheers! It was a blast meeting you guys.  Next time we come to the Czech Republic we are making our way to Ostrava!  Beers on us. 
  • dresi_4dresi_4 Czech Republic Posts: 92
    Cheers! It was a blast meeting you guys.  Next time we come to the Czech Republic we are making our way to Ostrava!  Beers on us. 
    I like the sound of that!
    2014 Vienna
    2018 Prague, Krakow
    2022 Krakow, Prague
  • Just home from Europe after seeing the Prague and Krakow shows.  Amazing. The energy, the setlists.  Wow. 

Just wanted to thank the band from the bottom of my heart for what transpired at the beginning of the second set in Prague.  My father passed away suddenly and far too young in January of 2017 and I insisted that Man of the Hour be played at his funeral.  After hearing the song my brother agreed it was beautiful and it was played as we entered the chapel as a family.  Of course, now I cannot her the song without thinking of my father and all he meant to me.  When the second set began and Ed walked out alone I sensed it would be the song. I don't know why (I even mentioned it to a few new friends in the GA lineup before the concert) but I did.  As the song played it was as if I could finally grieve for the loss of my dad and the tears rolled down my face. As the oldest sibling I was strong for everyone and in the year and a half since I have grieved in my own way, however all the memory flashes that occurred during the song reminded me he is really never gone and I will continue to make him proud. 

Now, I also lost my maternal grandfather this year at the age of 83 after a long two-year battle with lung cancer. He was no ordinary 83 year old and I think this terrible disease robbed him of another decade of a happy, healthy life.  As the eldest grandson we held a special bond.  In fact, Gramps and I were as close as any father and son.  Until my wife met Gramps she could not figure out my personality as I was so different from Mom, my brothers, my dad, etc.   The "a-ha"moment came after spending about 10 minutes with Gramps. 

Now I mention this because we drove from Calgary to Penticton, BC (about 8 hours) to see my grandfather at the hospice where he was staying to pass away with dignity.  He had fought long enough and the writing was on the wall.  We made it in the early afternoon and my aunt and my mother asked us to stay with him for the night and indicating he was waiting for me.  When he knew I was there he held my hand tight and tried to say something to me... but the words would not come.  That night my grandfather passed away peacefully with his hand in mine..... and I do not have the words to describe that moment.

After calling family members to let them know the inevitable news (the folks at the Moog hospice were wonderful and knew what the plans were) we all agreed to meet at Grandma's home.  We jumped into my truck to head over there as if by some divine intervention, within seconds Sirius PJ Radio began playing "The End".  My wife and I welled up in emotion and the tears streamed down our cheeks. 

Playing these two songs back-to-back is indescribable and I want to thank the boys (and Ed particularly) for unknowingly making this the night this PJ fan needed the most. Special thanks to my new 10c friends who were there for me and my wife as the songs played.  These songs will always hold special meaning to me and one night in Prague I was finally able to properly say goodbye to the two most important male figures I ever had in my life.  
    Thanks for sharing this wonderful story. So glad the guys could make it such a special evening for you and your wife. 
    5/28/06 - Camden, NJ
    5/30/06 - Washington, DC
    6/22/08 - Washington, DC
    10/31/09 - Philadelphia, PA
    8/5/16 - Fenway Park
    Temple of the Dog - 11/5/2016 - Philadelphia, PA
    7/1/2018 - Prague
    7/3/2018 - Kraków
    7/5/2018 - Berlin
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    edited July 2018
    Man, i'm  Low-Tech as i don't know how to post this right, but this is the best i can do.

Preview attachment 20180701_220040.jpg

Post edited by cutz on
    just listened back to this. What a great show. I think that improv > LBC >Help > Help Help segment was my favorite of the weekend 
  • BellaBella Posts: 120
    Prague on my top 15.
    Arnhem'06 Paris'06 Wembley'07 Manchester'09 Dublin'10 Belfast '10 Manchester1 '12 Manchester2 '12 Stockholm '12 Vancouver '13
    Vienna Berlin Stockholm Leeds Milton Keynes '14 Philly 2 nights  '16 MSG 2 nights '16 EV Dublin '17 Amsterdam 1 
    Padova Rome Prague Kraków Berlin '18
  • The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,355
    Is there an audience boot of this one?
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II