Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,242
    Well, anyone who has a pulse knew where his pick's values would be so I don't think it's ridiculous that they were just waiting for the name of said nominee. Vox did a good job explaining the shift of the court we are about to see and potential for a very lopsided view if anyone else retires or dies.

https://www.vox.com/platform/amp/policy-and-politics/2018/7/9/17537808/supreme-court-brett-kavanaugh-right-cartoon
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,602
    unsung said:
    White guys with guns vandalizing government property and white guys with guns blowing shit up and white guys starting fires killing woman and children = good and antifa smashing things and popping Nazis in the mouth = bad. That about sum it up? I wonder where you’d stand if the Black Panthers or. Nation of Islam behaved like the Bundy’s. Never mind, I think I know the answer.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    @BS44325You're beloved President (climate change denier and accused of sexual assault by 19 women). Be proud.

The Trump administration on Monday tossed out a rule on marine protection for whales and sea turtles caught in fishing nets off the West Coast.

The rule change was made despite the fishing industry's having proposed the measures in the first place
    , according to the Associated Press. The National Marine Fisheries Service, a division within the Commerce Department, said it decided the new protection rules were not warranted.

"Under the proposed regulations, caps would have been established for five marine mammal species and four sea turtle species," the agency explained in a final action published in the Federal Register Monday afternoon. "When any of the caps were reached, the fishery would have been closed for the rest of the fishing season and possibly through the following season."

The rules were proposed in 2016 under the Obama administration.

(anyone supporting this man and his cabinet over "human beings" are without a doubt disgusting. Embarrassing. B-b-but he brings back jobs!)
    Buh, buh, buh he’s leaving a legacy of spewage. Something some can be proud of.
    Yeah. Idiots who lack empathy for other people, other beings or the world.

Fuck anyone in the US (or world) who looks past what he is and doing to the world. 

Anyone standing by him is disgusting.
    Can you explain this more? I’m having trouble understanding how you really feel!
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    unsung said:
    White guys with guns vandalizing government property and white guys with guns blowing shit up and white guys starting fires killing woman and children = good and antifa smashing things and popping Nazis in the mouth = bad. That about sum it up? I wonder where you’d stand if the Black Panthers or. Nation of Islam behaved like the Bundy’s. Never mind, I think I know the answer.
    Image result for family guy color chart
  • Options
    So what’s the thoughts on Kavanaugh? Seems to me it could have been much worse (meaning way more conservative) for the left.
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    So what’s the thoughts on Kavanaugh? Seems to me it could have been much worse (meaning way more conservative) for the left.
    Of the 3 finalists, I think he was the best pick. Well educated and experienced. I don't particularly like his Catholicism, or his love of expanded presidential powers. I don't think he'll be particularly friendly toward roe v wade or LGBTQ issues. Funny that he worked for Ken Starr during Whitewater, but now doesn't think sitting presidents should face indictments or civil action because they're distracting to the job. I'm guessing that is all that Trump needed to hear. I also thought it was funny that the very first thing he said in his acceptance speech (which was pretty political for a jurist) was "Throughout this process, I have witnessed firsthand your [Trump's] appreciation for the vital role of the American judiciary." Laughable, since even Gorsuch, when he was in the confirmation process expressed dismay at Trump's attitude toward the judiciary. 

Kavanaugh will fall to the right of Gorsuch and the left of Thomas. Definitely tips the scales to the right, unlike Kennedy who could make the scales tip either way depending on the case being heard.

"I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,967
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,108
    jeffbr said:
    Of the 3 finalists, I think he was the best pick. Well educated and experienced. I don't particularly like his Catholicism, or his love of expanded presidential powers. I don't think he'll be particularly friendly toward roe v wade or LGBTQ issues. Funny that he worked for Ken Starr during Whitewater, but now doesn't think sitting presidents should face indictments or civil action because they're distracting to the job. I'm guessing that is all that Trump needed to hear. I also thought it was funny that the very first thing he said in his acceptance speech (which was pretty political for a jurist) was "Throughout this process, I have witnessed firsthand your [Trump's] appreciation for the vital role of the American judiciary." Laughable, since even Gorsuch, when he was in the confirmation process expressed dismay at Trump's attitude toward the judiciary. 

Kavanaugh will fall to the right of Gorsuch and the left of Thomas. Definitely tips the scales to the right, unlike Kennedy who could make the scales tip either way depending on the case being heard.

Why don’t you like “his Catholicism”?

thst in itself isn’t bad in your mind is it? One can be of a religion and do there job without the bias of the religion no?
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    it would be hard for him to be more conservative....only Thomas is further right

He said the right things about Roe 10 years or so ago when being confirmed for district court.  The comments he made about the POTUS not being indicted in office were made in 2009 so that is a little reassuring.  

He'll get grilled about that subject big time.  

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    I have a hard time with the "job is too hard to be distracted" idea....tRump plays way too much golf to make that argument.

• Options
    jeffbr said:

thst in itself isn’t bad in your mind is it? One can be of a religion and do there job without the bias of the religion no?
    Right, not Catholicism per se, but when one touts one's religious affiliation early on in an introductory speech, mentions close relationships with local clergy, has kids in religious schools, volunteers at a Catholic charity (ps volunteering is great!), it speaks volumes to me. It is clearly something that defines him and his viewpoints, and many decisions are informed by that. Hence anti-LGBTQ and anti-choice.
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    indifference.
  • Options
    jeffbr said:

Theoretically speaking and in menial jobs... sure, but for the most part, bible thumping policy makers tend to work with their beliefs in mind. 
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,279
    My thought is I have a difficult time with a president under an FBI investigation selecting a Supreme Court justice. And he never should have been able to select the first one in the first place. Our democracy is crumbling.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,824
    jeffbr said:

It didn't really matter.  The Supreme Court was going to drift left until long after we're all dead, anyway.  

Part of me thinks the pick is based on his feelings that the President is above the law...but he alone cannot save Donald (and it's unlikely there'll ever be anything to save Donald from, anyway.

Could it have been worse?  I suppose. But it really does not matter.  

As for the bold, I did hear that it was during the Starr investigation that he started to re-think his feelings on the issue...and if so, well, it's still stupid but not so blatantly hypocritical.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    My thought is I have a difficult time with a president under an FBI investigation selecting a Supreme Court justice. And he never should have been able to select the first one in the first place. Our democracy is crumbling.
    I’m pretty sure Clinton did it though- he may have already been impeached too.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,297
    Yep Turtle face McCONELL & Spineless Ryan are sitting back watching it all go to crap ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,108
    jeffbr said:
    jeffbr said:

Right, not Catholicism per se, but when one touts one's religious affiliation early on in an introductory speech, mentions close relationships with local clergy, has kids in religious schools, volunteers at a Catholic charity (ps volunteering is great!), it speaks volumes to me. It is clearly something that defines him and his viewpoints, and many decisions are informed by that. Hence anti-LGBTQ and anti-choice.
    I’m guessing you’d scream and shout about a Muslim judge then too? 

Im a bit like you, I have an initial reaction to all of that. But I’m trying not to cause they are allowed to have their beliefs so long as they do their jobs based on the law.

hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    Another  supporter of the Racist-in-Chief in action....

Not sure why this is in the Trump thread. Dude was a huge douche, and yes my money is on he voted for Trump. I could find some real douches who didn’t too. I hope the first cop received some disciplinary action too.
    If you haven’t noticed, bigots feel validated by trump, which is a green light to do this stuff. 

I just don’t agree with that. Only a very small number do and they were trash before Trump came along.
    Its just a pet peeve of mine when the worst example is taken and applied to everyone, which was what this looked like to me.
    How long has it been since we’ve had this many GOP nazis running for office?

I just saw Auschwitz in Krakow. I know what a nazi is. These guys aren’t nazis and you are not a good person for making the comparison.

(I used to go back on forth on whether one who used this comparison was either dumb or not a good person and I have concluded following the trip that the answer is not a good person.)

• Options
    jeffbr said:
    jeffbr said:

I’m guessing you’d scream and shout about a Muslim judge then too? 

Im a bit like you, I have an initial reaction to all of that. But I’m trying not to cause they are allowed to have their beliefs so long as they do their jobs based on the law.

Agreed. As long as they do their jobs based on the law, I'm fine with whatever religion. But my initial reaction, whether they be a Christian sect, a practicing Muslim or an orthodox Jew would be the same. I have an immediate concern that their "higher" laws, dictated by their belief in mythologies, would unduly influence their decision making.
  • Options
    Isn’t this how it began in Nazi Germany before the holocaust? You know, gangs of roving Hitler supporters beating and intimidating those they found unworthy? Sure, no comparisons can be made. Team Trump Treason has advocated for and emboldened this type of behavior. Despicable. If you’re not speaking up and out............

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/09/us/mexican-man-beaten-brick-los-angeles/index.html
    Not a good person

Confirmed by this article

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5933843/Grandfather-92-beaten-brick-mother-four-men.html

The perpetrator of that violence doesn’t fit your Nazi mold.

• Options
    @BS44325You're beloved President (climate change denier and accused of sexual assault by 19 women). Be proud.

The Trump administration on Monday tossed out a rule on marine protection for whales and sea turtles caught in fishing nets off the West Coast.

The rule change was made despite the fishing industry's having proposed the measures in the first place
    , according to the Associated Press. The National Marine Fisheries Service, a division within the Commerce Department, said it decided the new protection rules were not warranted.

"Under the proposed regulations, caps would have been established for five marine mammal species and four sea turtle species," the agency explained in a final action published in the Federal Register Monday afternoon. "When any of the caps were reached, the fishery would have been closed for the rest of the fishing season and possibly through the following season."

The rules were proposed in 2016 under the Obama administration.

(anyone supporting this man and his cabinet over "human beings" are without a doubt disgusting. Embarrassing. B-b-but he brings back jobs!)
    I just don’t know enough about the issue. Neither do you.
  • Options
    As long as the ends justify the means. A PT Barnum for our times, that Team Trump Treason.

@BS@BS44325

What do you think of the leader of your country lying with 3 out of 4 claims?
    He’s not my leader. My leader is the groping guy.
  • Options
    I keep hearing this “president under an FBI investigation” as if it’s a thing. The President is not under investigation. Russian interference is under investigation. Comey said Trump was not under investigation. Mueller hasn’t stated otherwise.
  • Options
    jeffbr said:
    jeffbr said:

It’s like Judge Guriel being hispanic...how could he possibly be fair on immigration! You sound just like Trump. Not a good look.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:
    As long as the ends justify the means. A PT Barnum for our times, that Team Trump Treason.

@BS@BS44325

Both must of attended the school of sexual predetors Baffoon is a total creep and has hi's masters on groping remember the locker room talk video ...
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

@BS@BS44325

Both must of attended the school of sexual predetors Baffoon is a total creep and has hi's masters on groping remember the locker room talk video ...
    Well the locker room talk sure ain’t nice...agreed. But my leader actually grabbed this girl by the p.... 
  • Options
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:

@BS@BS44325

Well the locker room talk sure ain’t nice...agreed. But my leader actually grabbed this girl by the p.... 
    where have you been the Baffoon did way worse and he grabbed women all the time get it thru your head this man is a sexual predator period ....................................
  • Options
    BS44325 said:
    jeffbr said:
    jeffbr said:

It’s like Judge Guriel being hispanic...how could he possibly be fair on immigration! You sound just like Trump. Not a good look.
    If Judge Guriel volunteered as an immigration activist, and lived his life in conformance with some sort of hispanic dogma (whatever that is) that required obedience to and faith in laws and rules considered to be above the Constitution then I'd have a problem with him hearing immigration cases and you'd have a good point.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:

@BS@BS44325

where have you been the Baffoon did way worse and he grabbed women all the time get it thru your head this man is a sexual predator period ....................................
    I’m not sure if it’s worse. It also really doesn’t matter. My Prime Minister will still keep his job. Your President will still keep his job. It’s sad but true.

This discussion has been closed.