The trump balloon

I'm just watching  the news and the mayor of London has allowed this mock trump as an orange baby in  a nappy(diaper) I guess in USA.  I dislike trump and think he should not be coming here. But they say free speech. But I find this really low form and it's in the sky over parliament square. What are your thoughts?
It's hard to imagine  it being ok for any other public figure or leader being mocked so openly. 
Again I hate trump 
And also our leader . Just a strange thing to allow.
brixton 93
astoria 06
albany 06
hartford 06
reading 06
barcelona 06
paris 06
wembley 07
dusseldorf 07
nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -

Comments

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited July 2018
    I'm just watching  the news and the mayor of London has allowed this mock trump as an orange baby in  a nappy(diaper) I guess in USA.  I dislike trump and think he should not be coming here. But they say free speech. But I find this really low form and it's in the sky over parliament square. What are your thoughts?
    It's hard to imagine  it being ok for any other public figure or leader being mocked so openly. 
    Again I hate trump 
    This being "low" or "high" is so tiring.

He's a POS with a childs brain and ego, and everyone understands this except for some dumb fucks in the US and some people in brainwashed dictatorships.

Fly a thousand balloons. Every sane person should do everything to stand up to this stupidity cancer that has taken over the US leadership, a big part of the US population - and even seeped into people listening to a progressive and socially aware band as Pearl Jam.

Why should we not fly a balloon? Or mock someone who's a climate denier and don't have a problem fucking over the world for his own gain or racist ideals?

Fuck him.

here's the balloon:

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,701
    I guess so. I think there  are more helpful ways that might make  an actual  difference.  Like  ban him. He is not welcome here that s for sure you watch the demo s that will happen
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    As well  behaving  like him ìs pointless  he bullies everyone. Bullies  love attention.  I'd give him none
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

Cool thanks for adding the picture. I'm couldn't work out how.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    edited July 2018
    I hope the balloon flies over Battersea power station and someone takes a photo so that it can recreate the Pink Floyd Animals album cover.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    I hope the balloon flies over Battersea power station and someone takes a photo so that it can recreate the Pink Floyd Animals album cover.
    Haha. Amazing.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    I guess so. I think there  are more helpful ways that might make  an actual  difference.  Like  ban him. He is not welcome here that s for sure you watch the demo s that will happen
    I def think that countries should skip having him over, and wait for his successor. 

But a citizen can't decide though. But a citizen can build a balloon.
    That would be cool.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

I just dont like the idea of the mayor saying yeah it's ok to do this at parliament.  Protest by all means. But stooping to his level of bullying is senseless . Just ban him.  And protest 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    That’s how he became president he bullied his way to the WH ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    How long were you banned (off topic)?
  • vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
    amazing how unaware he is of his gluttonous appearance and his child like mannerisms.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    How long were you banned (off topic)?
    lol three weeks 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,929
    I think it's very clearly taking the low road, but I also think the high road has been proven all but ineffective. 
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    That's where I absolutely disagree.  Trump did not bully people into voting for them.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    I think for another politician to stoop to what essentially mounts to Trumps level says more about the London mayor than trump.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    edited July 2018
    That's where I absolutely disagree.  Trump did not bully people into voting for them.
    No one says he bullied the voters.

I think for another politician to stoop to what essentially mounts to Trumps level says more about the London mayor than trump.
    No it doesn't. Was there any reason by english law not to allow the balloon?
    I agree our mayor is pathetic.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

Why? You have the right to peaceful protest in England and they applied to get a permission. What would be the grounds to not approve - a POS might be hurt by a caricature of himself? Should the mayor of London not act according to the laws and by the book? Should he stop it "just because"?

or did he overrule something to allow this?
    I think the best way to deal with Trump is to always take the high road.  Don't discuss him with media if he is not present.  If he doesn't like what is said, he retaliates by adding tariffs...LOL.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I'm an American... I love the balloon... kudos to the creators, its genius 
    my2hands said:
    I'm an American... I love the balloon... kudos to the creators, its genius 
    There is nothing wrong with loving the balloon.  I'm saying the mayor of London should have took the high.  Trump might add 25% tariffs on tea...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Why? You have the right to peaceful protest in England and they applied to get a permission. What would be the grounds to not approve - a POS might be hurt by a caricature of himself? Should the mayor of London not act according to the laws and by the book? Should he stop it "just because"?

As melt down  says. Take the higher ground . Our mayor promised when he got put in he would lower crime and knife attacks and many other things got him elected.  It's all gone up. It's all worse. He is inept in many ways . I think in my opinion protest. Voice your disdain  for this moron. But as the mayor he has to give it the go ahead and really the protests will say everything  . And this balloon could be part of a protest. But to allow it to fly over parliament  seems. Pathetic  to me.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

As melt down  says. Take the higher ground . Our mayor promised when he got put in he would lower crime and knife attacks and many other things got him elected.  It's all gone up. It's all worse. He is inept in many ways . I think in my opinion protest. Voice your disdain  for this moron. But as the mayor he has to give it the go ahead and really the protests will say everything  . And this balloon could be part of a protest. But to allow it to fly over parliament  seems. Pathetic  to me.
    Why wouldn't he allow it? Is there some rules regarding that? It's not his balloon - someone asked for permission to express their freedom of speech, and there doesn't seem to be any concrete reason to stop it? Or is there? Except for "he should take the higher ground" and not make Trump sad.

I'm surprised that the Mayor would have any say with what can fly over parliament.  I would think for security reasons nothing could fly over the parliament buildings.  The UK may want to re-think this policy.
    Give Peas A Chance…

I'm surprised that the Mayor would have any say with what can fly over parliament.  I would think for security reasons nothing could fly over the parliament buildings.  The UK may want to re-think this policy.
    But they had to get clearances due to security etc also, which lies outside of the Mayor.

Why rethink that policy? Doesn't seem to have caused any worries before in London?

Nothing is allowed over the White House or Canadian Parliament buildings without approval.  I can almost guarantee approval is only likely granted to military...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    It was the mayor who had to grant permission actually. He was on tv. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    edited July 2018
    Honestly, when I saw the thread title I thought this was going to be about the economy and how the balloon will pop at some point based of what Trump is doing.

As for the actual balloon of Trump, it seems pretty childish of the mayor to entertain allowing it. We've gone from take the high road to, what's the big deal. Trump is winning by causing people to compromise their normal acceptable behavior threshold just because he's a raging brain dead asshole.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    Again I hate trump 
    I think it's great.  tRump is a fucking joke and he should be treated like one.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville