Where was your last vacation?

JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
We just got back from a week on Maui....a great chance to decompress.

Comments

• Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Wrong section :-P
    Croatia 2010.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Agreed, TA.  Needs to go to AET but while I am here, I will say tent camping at Hocking Hills State Park (Ohio State Parks) just last year. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Disney world with two of my kids. Before that was Islamorada (Florida keys) with just my wife. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    We just got back from a week on Maui....a great chance to decompress.
    I absolutely love Hawaii. Spent a week in Oahu and had the time of my life. Hopefully heading there for our ten year wedding anniversary. 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    Krakow. Went for a concert.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Destin, FL  whitest sand on earth 
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    Mazatlán Mexico with my wife. 
    Month before that we were in Montego Bay Jamaica
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,847
    California... All of it.  I drove like 900 miles to see some of it!

LA, Hollyweird, El Segundo, Ventura beach, Vasquez rocks,  Musical road,  Silicon Valley, Sequoias,  San Francisco, Gilroy Garlic festival .

Tons of stuff in San Fran.  Man that city has a lot of cool things!
    I once had some meetings to attend in San Fran.  Brought my wife and had my company book our return flight to leave from LA.  

That Big Sur drive is otherworldly. 
    How did you like destin?  I always wanted to go to the panhandle and day trip to Alabama and Mississippi. Is it pretty chill in destin?
  • hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    Augusta, Georgia ... bc I wanted to see my friend and kayak the canal, not due to the Nationals at that time of the year ;)
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Augusta, Georgia ... bc I wanted to see my friend and kayak the canal, not due to the Nationals at that time of the year ;)
    And you did the REM tour
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    mcgruff10 said:
    How did you like destin?  I always wanted to go to the panhandle and day trip to Alabama and Mississippi. Is it pretty chill in destin?
    A lot of traffic to go anywhere but very relaxing and the beaches are like the Caribbean.  Crystal clear and white sand.  We usually go in May when there’s less people but i know you’re a teacher.
    The beaches in Alabama are good.  Skip the beaches in Mississippi tho and hit NOLA lol. 
  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,399
    Detroit, Michigan.

Really enjoyed it, and would for sure go back. The Motown Musuem was a highlight. Getting to step into Studio A where all those Motown hits were recorded was a great experience. 
  • SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,993
    Disney World last summer. No vacation this year...we're buying a house at the end of the year and saving all our pennies until then.
    mcgruff10 said:
    A lot of traffic to go anywhere but very relaxing and the beaches are like the Caribbean.  Crystal clear and white sand.  We usually go in May when there’s less people but i know you’re a teacher.
    The beaches in Alabama are good.  Skip the beaches in Mississippi tho and hit NOLA lol. 
    You guys go hotel or condo?
    Hotel.  The condos are too pricey for me
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Caye Caulker, Belize.

And about to enjoy a long weekend at Table Rock Lake!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    Munich two weeks ago. Prague, Kraków and Berlin followed, but they were all work.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Last year was better than this year:
    2 fishing trips to the Bayous of Louisiana
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Kona, HI
    Charleston, SC
    Mendocino, CA
    Cooperstown

This year:
    Northern California
    Jersey Shore
    Fishing Trip to Bayou (this week!)
    Seattle and then Missoula
    Boston
    So far.  Gonna sneak another small one in prior to year end

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,833
    Seattle to San Francisco road trip last year, I did LA to San Fran/Yosemite/Vegas a year before that - the scenery on the west coast is just incredible.  I often wonder what Americans think when they come to the UK and drive around, not quite the same!
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    I haven't really done a proper vacation since Chicago in 2016.   Last year was a few weekend camping trips, and then a 3+ day hike to Cape Scott (northern most part of Vancouver Island).    Just switched jobs so I burned a few weeks vacation before starting the new job.   Spent a week studying, then a week paint part of the house .   I guess my 4 days in Seattle will be as far as I get this year.