Radiohead

Comments

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,386
    Amazing. 

I cant wait for Boston. 
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    Went to night 1. Thought the crowd was pretty subdued until the encores. But great set. Band is still in top form. 
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    Great shows... Wanted to hear subterranean but maybe I'll get it in Columbus or Cincinnati. First time seeing them... Pretty awesome 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,291
    Great shows in Chicago.  Only gripe is hoping that the sets would've gone on until closer to 11 PM.
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

Great shows in Chicago.  Only gripe is hoping that the sets would've gone on until closer to 11 PM.
    Yeah and that opening act was tedious.  I appreciate their musicianship but every damn song was the same

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    I enjoyed the opener very much.
  • iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,291
    Yeah and that opening act was tedious.  I appreciate their musicianship but every damn song was the same
    The opener is Jonny Greenwood's side project.  Music was good, but it was very repetitive.  I'm glad to have seen Radiohead live at least once in my life.
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• WM31482WM31482 New York, NY Posts: 561
    What time did they start / end?
    edited July 2018
    Openers went on at 7:30. Radiohead 8:30. They played until about 10:45.

• JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    So does silence mean there are not good Radiohead fan message boards or discussion boards?  I'm trying to figure out the best place to post my single Philly tix so they go to a good home.
    There are no fan forums that I know of on their website.  They don't seem to be into merch or posters at all.  The Chicago posters were kind of ridiculous.  I actually think someone in Radiohead just draws them.

• jessebasijessebasi Toronto Posts: 149
    There are no fan forums that I know of on their website.  They don't seem to be into merch or posters at all.  The Chicago posters were kind of ridiculous.  I actually think someone in Radiohead just draws them.
    I think the art is Stanley Donwood, who has done all of their art since 1995.
    2016 - Toronto I (Binaural!), Toronto II
    2020 - Toronto, Hamilton
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    There’s a message board called AtEase that I’ve been on forever. The problem there is that there are a lot of elitist assholes there who don’t take any discussion or inquiries seriously. GreenPlastic use to be more like this place of Red Mosquitoe- but it’s kind of more informal. Don’t get me wrong though, plenty of elitists there too. Hope that helps. 
    AtEase has been closed for months.
    True. Thom and their art director Stanly Donwood design them. The 2018 poster si weird because its art from Kid A. But its been a few years since they've had screen printed posters and the last time they did, they were kinda shitty. Pretty sure the designs were the same and the only thing that changed was the city and color scheme.
    True. Thom and their art director Stanly Donwood design them. The 2018 poster si weird because its art from Kid A. But its been a few years since they've had screen printed posters and the last time they did, they were kinda shitty. Pretty sure the designs were the same and the only thing that changed was the city and color scheme.
    it's strange....they don't seem to want to make money off of merch....my wife got a shirt but I didn't even see anything I really liked

• ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    AtEase has been closed for months.
    Really?!? I didn’t know that. I think the last time I was on there consistently was when Moon Shaped Pool was first released. 
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    Going Friday

looking forward to it 
  • jessebasijessebasi Toronto Posts: 149
    They have show posters this time round - don’t know if they are screenprinted or not - Donwood art I’m pretty sure. One of the designs is like the grim reaper, and the other is the Com Lag artwork.
    2016 - Toronto I (Binaural!), Toronto II
    2020 - Toronto, Hamilton
    There’s a message board called AtEase that I’ve been on forever. The problem there is that there are a lot of elitist assholes there who don’t take any discussion or inquiries seriously. GreenPlastic use to be more like this place of Red Mosquitoe- but it’s kind of more informal. Don’t get me wrong though, plenty of elitists there too. Hope that helps. 
    Thanks for the info!  

And thanks Tim for the heads up about AtEase.

So GreenPlastic is still up?  Going to check it out now...
    edited July 2018
    And hey, BOSTON people, I just realized that ever since tix went onsale, I've mistakenly thought I bought 2 tix for one of the Philly show (even though I was supposed to go on my own), but just realized I have an EXTRA TICKET for SAT NITE BOSTON!!

I have to go back and look at a seating chart to see which I'm selling, but anyone here looking for a Boston ticket or know someone who's looking?  For sale for face value, of course.

And do I remember correctly that these tix cannot be transferred?  Or does it depend on which ticket agency handled the sale?   For Boston it doesn't matter because I'll be there and can hand off the ticket.  But for Philly if I can't go, I can't go at all, so wondering about transferring that one...
    it's strange....they don't seem to want to make money off of merch....my wife got a shirt but I didn't even see anything I really liked

Pretty sure they do quite well. They just have a different approach than PJ.

Pretty sure they do quite well. They just have a different approach than PJ.

yes I'm sure they do just fine....it's just interesting that there was never much of a line for merch before/during/after the shows 

such a huge difference from PJ

Radiohead also puts up all the tour merch for sale on their site a day or 2 before the tour starts. I ordered the merch I wanted (it ont ship until after tour) and I don't have to worry about carrying it around or waiting in line. 

• WM31482WM31482 New York, NY Posts: 561
    Anybody need a single forSaturday night at MSG? Section 104, for face. A friend can’t make it anymore 
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,440
    Anybody know the start times at MSG?
    Radiohead also puts up all the tour merch for sale on their site a day or 2 before the tour starts. I ordered the merch I wanted (it ont ship until after tour) and I don't have to worry about carrying it around or waiting in line. 

that I like

• vitovito Chicago Posts: 1,434
    Saw both Chicago shows and all I can say is that no matter how much I love PJ there is just no comparison at this point! It's not a put down and please don't respond about how it's different music, their just better at everything and that's why their the best band in the world not only in the studio but, also live!!
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 1992
    SUMMERFEST MILWAUKEE 1995
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 1998
    UNITED CENTER CHICAGO1998
    THOMPSON-BOLING ARENA KNOXVILLE 1998
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 2000
    ALLSTATE ARENA ROSEMONT 2000
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 2003
    HERSHEYPARK STADIUM 2003
    TOLEDO SPORTS ARENA 2004
    AIR CANADA CENTRE TORONTO 2005
    UNITED CENTER CHICAGO 2006
    UNITED CENTER CHICAGO 2006
    VERIZON CENTER DC 2008
    UNITED CENTER CHICAGO 2009
    NATIONWIDE ARENA COLUMBUS 2010
    PJ20 NIGHT 1 Alpine Valley Music Theatre 2011
    PJ20 NIGHT 2 Alpine Valley Music Theatre 2011
    1ST MARINER ARENA BALTIMORE 2013
    IWIRELESS CENTER MOLINE 2014
    XCEL ENERGY CENTER ST. PAUL 2014
    CHICAGO 1 Wrigley Field 2016 
    CHICAGO 2 Wrigley Field 2016
    CHICAGO 1 Wrigley Field 2018
    CHICAGO 2 Wrigley Field 2018
    BOSTON 2 Fenway Park 2018
    ENTERPRISE CENTER SAINT LOUIS 2022
    Eddie Vedder Auditorium Theatre CHICAGO 2008

• my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    vito said:
    Saw both Chicago shows and all I can say is that no matter how much I love PJ there is just no comparison at this point! It's not a put down and please don't respond about how it's different music, their just better at everything and that's why their the best band in the world not only in the studio but, also live!!
    So you're saying RH is the best band on the planet?
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,440
    Great show at MSG last night. Only odd thing was that they finished at 10:50. I thought that was early for Friday night in NYC.