Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,823
    pjhawks said:
    Athleticism
    baseball cards
    board games (Strat-o-Matic Baseball and Risk specifically)

I never really liked Risk.  That being said I still have that board game (might have been my parents, not sure if it's an original but it's pretty damn old!)

dankind said:
    lolobugg said:

My Masters of the Universe, GI Joe and Transformers toys.

My comic book collection that I sold to my cousin for $30 so that I could buy some records.

got totally ripped off. These were from the late 80s early 90s which to me were the 2nd golden age of comics.

over 400 books. at least my cousin still has them.

I was big into Batman, X-Men, & Fantastic Four books.  Collected Batman, Detective, Shadow of the Bat, Legend of the Dark Knight, X-Men, Uncanny X-Men, X-Factor,  Generation X, Cable, & Fantastic Four.

I had the entire Batman Knightfall/Knightquest/KinghtsEnd series as well as the entire Zero Hour crossover.  Had the entire X-Men: Onslaught series and Marvel Heroes Reborn.  I was big into the 2099 titles as well.  Had all the first issues of every title and continued collecting X-Men 2099, Fantastic Four 2099, & 2099 Unlimited.  Had a bunch of Dark Horse comics and few other indies.
    I drove them all out to some place in Dayton, OH back in '01 when I was jobless for a few months and needed money. Had a box of CDs and VHS tapes as well, got close to $400 for the lot, which was an entire month's income at the time.
    I still have all 12 original Watchmen comics somewhere. No idea what they're worth, but those were some of the only comic books that I kept. Actually, I might still have a few old Rock 'N' Roll Comics as well. Anyone remember those?
    i have all my comic books too (not in great condition though) mostly from the mid 80's.  X-Men, X-Factor (#1-6), New Mutants, Transformers (early ones), GI Joe, and a few others.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,446
    Risk was the ultimate double cross/fuck your buddy game :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,661
    Thinking about games- the one I wish I'd kept was Elmer Wheeler's Fat Boys Game.  There was something very old-timey nostalgic about that game.  IT was a simple board game but it had these great cartoon like illustrations and it was all about food!

I also had this building block set that was really cool.  It had these little interlocking blocks that could be made into sky-scrapers and was more interesting than simple blocks and more modern than Lincoln Logs- although those were cool too!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,484
    My friends.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Wobbie said:
    Risk was the ultimate double cross/fuck your buddy game :lol:
    Man we had some serious friction at those games. 
    "My brain's a good brain!"

• Malroth said:
    My friends.
    Good call.

Often something will elicit some memory from the past and I'll wonder what my childhood friend is doing now. Such simple times back then Inshared with some great pals.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,907
    PJ_Soul said:
    Go get that bear .  Bring him home 
    He's long gone. That cousin and her parents had absolutely no idea that it meant anything to me. By the time I found out where it had gone it was too late, because my mom actually lied to me about where it had gone once she saw I was so mad about it. She said she'd chucked it out, I think because she felt it would be embarrassing if the family she gave it to discovered that she'd just stolen it from me. I only found out where the teddy had really gone when I was at the family's house for some dinner a year or two later, and spotted him in a corner, all destroyed, ready for the trash. Even then I took my mom aside and confronted her about it then and there, saying I was going to take it back, and she literally freaked out and forbade me from saying anything ... Obviously I wish I hadn't let her convince me not to. Perhaps I could have fixed him up, cleaned him, sewn up the holes.... So there you have it, the Jones family teddy bear saga, where my mom comes out the villain, lol.
    I think it burns as bad as it does because I was actually the exact opposite of spoiled as a kid, to the point where I barely had any toys at all, and that was the only plush toy I ever had as a child. It's not like he was just my favorite teddy. He was my ONLY teddy. :cry:
    My heart breaks just reading this.  That was a really unkind and thoughtless thing that she did.  I can see that it is still a raw wound for you.  (((Hugs)))
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,381

Malroth said:
    My friends.
    Good call.

Often something will elicit some memory from the past and I'll wonder what my childhood friend is doing now. Such simple times back then Inshared with some great pals.
    I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?
  • FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,907
    Hobbes said:

Malroth said:
    My friends.
    Good call.

I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?
    Great quote from a great movie.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    PJ_Soul said:
    He's long gone. That cousin and her parents had absolutely no idea that it meant anything to me. By the time I found out where it had gone it was too late, because my mom actually lied to me about where it had gone once she saw I was so mad about it. She said she'd chucked it out, I think because she felt it would be embarrassing if the family she gave it to discovered that she'd just stolen it from me. I only found out where the teddy had really gone when I was at the family's house for some dinner a year or two later, and spotted him in a corner, all destroyed, ready for the trash. Even then I took my mom aside and confronted her about it then and there, saying I was going to take it back, and she literally freaked out and forbade me from saying anything ... Obviously I wish I hadn't let her convince me not to. Perhaps I could have fixed him up, cleaned him, sewn up the holes.... So there you have it, the Jones family teddy bear saga, where my mom comes out the villain, lol.
    I think it burns as bad as it does because I was actually the exact opposite of spoiled as a kid, to the point where I barely had any toys at all, and that was the only plush toy I ever had as a child. It's not like he was just my favorite teddy. He was my ONLY teddy. :cry:
    My heart breaks just reading this.  That was a really unkind and thoughtless thing that she did.  I can see that it is still a raw wound for you.  (((Hugs)))
    My mum threw out all my artwork from my childhood. It ripped my heart out. No matter how much I raved and protested she just could not understand what my drawings meant to me.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    This thread has really gotten me down thinking about how different things used to be, and how the things that mean so much to us are nowhere to be see as we approach the end of our lives usually. I wish I had given more stuff away if I'm being honest. I kept too much old crap.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    My Vinyl Records ...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,661
    PJ_Soul said:
    My mum threw out all my artwork from my childhood. It ripped my heart out. No matter how much I raved and protested she just could not understand what my drawings meant to me.
    I loved my folks a lot (RIP both) but they chucked out all my original Filmore posters and handbills (all of which would be worth thousands of dollars today) and as bad as that was, I would be even more bummed if they had thrown out something I had created.  I'm sorry yours are gone. 

Have you created more art work since then?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    brianlux said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I loved my folks a lot (RIP both) but they chucked out all my original Filmore posters and handbills (all of which would be worth thousands of dollars today) and as bad as that was, I would be even more bummed if they had thrown out something I had created.  I'm sorry yours are gone. 

Have you created more art work since then?
    I have since last year, not much but. Decided to get creative again after almost 20 years of not doing any art.
    Working on a little painting atm. 
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    bicycle
    Good one. Wish I still had my old bmx bike from my
    childhood. First “real” bike I had that wasn’t a discount department store bike.