St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • dankind said:
    Detroit style today. 
    Oh wow. Delicious.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Damn Dan that looks good!! It reminds me of a grandma s Sicilian. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    I didn’t know Detroit-style was a thing, but that looks damn tasty! 
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    mcgruff10 said:
    The crust is a lot different than Sicilian or NY style pizza. They use a different type of dough. It’s chewy but tender beneath the cheese, which melts into it and throughout it, and that’s what you see on the edges—crispy melted mozzarella. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • dankind said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    The crust is a lot different than Sicilian or NY style pizza. They use a different type of dough. It’s chewy but tender beneath the cheese, which melts into it and throughout it, and that’s what you see on the edges—crispy melted mozzarella. 
    I want that.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    I want that as well
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    Damn, Daniel. That Detroit pie look good. I'm bout about it.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    dankind said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    If I’m not mistaken, the crust usually has more of a buttery flavor too, no?
    Either way that pie looks declicious!!
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    dankind said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    If I’m not mistaken, the crust usually has more of a buttery flavor too, no?
    Either way that pie looks declicious!!
    Like buttah!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    dankind said:
    Detroit style today. 
    Hell yeah! I grew up in Michigan eating the shitty little ceasars Detroit style pizza's and have always been turned off by them since but this looks fucking tasty!!
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I had pizza yesterday, it wasn't worthy of the high-end pizza class here, but it was a solid little pie for a trailer pizzeria in the middle of nowhere by the lake.
    Pizza is a good boat food, even average pizza tastes better on the water.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • I never got no gawddam pizza this weekend and I ain't getting any gawddam pizza tonight either with a dinner arrangement.

I'm going to freaking lose it soon. I might just go fire up the DP thread and really tie into someone just as a way to vent.
    I never got no gawddam pizza this weekend and I ain't getting any gawddam pizza tonight either with a dinner arrangement.

I'm going to freaking lose it soon. I might just go fire up the DP thread and really tie into someone just as a way to vent.
    Del you have to be strong, go get that pizza.  You deserve pizza.  That pie is calling you.  Go get what is yours.
  • mcgruff10 said:
    I never got no gawddam pizza this weekend and I ain't getting any gawddam pizza tonight either with a dinner arrangement.

Del you have to be strong, go get that pizza.  You deserve pizza.  That pie is calling you.  Go get what is yours.

I'm navigating my way to pizza tomorrow night. I just sent a text to the wife saying, "We're doing pizza tomorrow."
    mcgruff10 said:

I'm navigating my way to pizza tomorrow night. I just sent a text to the wife saying, "We're doing pizza tomorrow."
    Smart thing to put it in writing.  that way she can’t pull the old line: “I don’t remember you saying that.”
  • mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Smart thing to put it in writing.  that way she can’t pull the old line: “I don’t remember you saying that.”
    I'm not messing around anymore.
    Gonna try to find a good pie in Pittsburgh tomorrow. 
    So damn near every highly touted pizza shop in Pgh is either closed on Monday or doesn’t open til 5. Game was at 7 so I opted for the Slices on Broadway in the stadium. It was an actual restaurant, not just a concession stand. Supposedly they are one of the best in the ‘burgh but I can’t say much for the stadium version. (They have a few  other locations around town.) Should’ve just saved a few bucks and bought a couple hot dogs. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Primanti bros for the Sammie with fries stuffed in?

edited July 2018
    I walked in from work and there were two boxes of dominoes. I was like, ugh what the hell is going on here? Are we eating at the Olive Garden next? Lol. Turns out my daughter had a friend over and that’s all they wanted. Lol. I had a plain slice and I must admit it is decent, there is something about the crust that is a little gritty but overall I enjoyed my slice.  I didn’t even touch the breadsticks. 
    Olive garden is a strong "no fucking way" from me.  Last time I had dominos was late night after a wedding and they delivered a shit ton to us in the hotel bar at something like 1230.  It was awesome.  (I was drinking all day with the other groomsmen so I can't vouch for how good it actually was.)
    Olive garden is a strong "no fucking way" from me.  Last time I had dominos was late night after a wedding and they delivered a shit ton to us in the hotel bar at something like 1230.  It was awesome.  (I was drinking all day with the other groomsmen so I can't vouch for how good it actually was.)
    drunk dominoes is amazing.  A pie with bacon on it was always my go to drunk pizza.
  • Is the Olive Garden that crappy? I've ate there before and didn't mind it.

The salad and breadsticks are a great start to the meal.
    Is the Olive Garden that crappy? I've ate there before and didn't mind it.

The salad and breadsticks are a great start to the meal.
    Olive garden is like the dominoes of the pizza world, the red lobster of the seafood world or the mcdonalds of the hamburger world. It serves italian food and it does have a purpose at times like the others I mentioned but it's nothing really to write home about.  italians around here tend to poke fun at it as being imitation italian food.  
    The Olive Garden vs any corner / family restaurant....OG would not win 5% of those battles.  Blech.
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Why do you Americans say pie? Why not just pizza?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    Why Australians call a bbq a barbie? It is Just regional slang. Kind of like sub, hero, hoagie. 
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    edited July 2018
    mcgruff10 said:
    Why Australians call a bbq a barbie? It is Just regional slang. Kind of like sub, hero, hoagie. 
    It's a shortened way of saying bbq.
    I think in my head, do pizzas there resemble pies? (Chicago deep dish does to me I guess, not sure about elsewhere in the USA)
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • The Olive Garden vs any corner / family restaurant....OG would not win 5% of those battles.  Blech.
    I'd agree with this for sure.

But it's not Dominos or McDonalds.