Options

Sleep Paralysis

13»

Comments

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,862
    rgambs said:
    I definitely have fucked up sleep patterns.  I may be mildly narcoleptic or have a similar issue.
    My sleep states cycle rapidly and as a result, I remember a high number of dreams, which sometimes occur constantly throughout the night with an awakening every half hour or so.  The old wife lady remembers a dream upon waking like once a month, and I average 2.5 per night.
    I can get "stuck in a loop" and have the same dream continuously for hours.  The sucky part is that it's usually just a fragment of a dream or even just a thought.
    All night long just walking a single flight of steps, wondering how to get somewhere, or even just  thinking blue, blue, blue, forever.  Sometimes even getting out of bed for a half hour isn't enough to break the cycle!
    I have lucid dreams every week, but I'm not able to control the direction, only able to recognise it for a dream.  
    I've experienced somnambulism a few times, but nothing freaky.

I have had three "out of body" experiences connected to paralysis events, each time I slid off the bed feet first and layed on the floor wondering how I would get up since I can't move, only to wake up in the bed and confused about being there.

Someday I need a sleep study.
    Really though, I don't have insomnia and I'm thankful for that.
    I am a hardy fellow who can get by on 5 hours of sleep every night, even with wakings at least every hour.

One perk, I've almost never overslept more than about 15-20 minutes and I don't use an alarm clock.  I always know about what time it is.
    wow!  out of body experience sounds kinda freaky.  never had that happen to me before.

I use an alarm clock, but i tend to wake up before it goes off.  I can go to bed real late and still wake up when i have to.  Although my cats don't help with me sleeping in :lol:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,618
    I have had an out of body dream experience....same dream/experience that I used to have about once a month as a teen.  Haven't had for about 20 years.  Recall it being very freaky.

It is odd how some people always remember dreams and others seem to rarely remember.

I also have soundtracks to my dreams sometimes....the dream changes but the music stays the same.  

"The old wife lady" made me laugh.  My bride would put a hammer to my balls if I called her that!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,862
    well that was kinda weird, had a dream that i had sleep paralysis. Just remember in my dream that i was in a different room trying to sleep when I saw these two glowing eyes looking down at me from up above.  Remember shivering trying to wake myself up.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly