Options

Paolo Nutini??

PJ MAVENPJ MAVEN Posts: 1
edited March 2007 in Other Music
I haven't been this impressed or diverted, musically, since PJ 16 years ago!

Paolo's music is good enough, that I feel like I'm cheating on Ed & The Boys, after a 16 year relationship!!

Nonetheless...give him a good listen...and don't believe that James Blunt comparison garbage! TOTAL CRAP!!! In fact it's an insult!!

-PJ MAVEN
"I'd rather laugh with the sinners than die with the saints"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    letsongsprotestletsongsprotest Novi, MI Posts: 548
    YES! I posted something about him with no respones about 2 weeks ago. His album is great. It knocked me back, especially for a 20 yr old.

Great singer/songwriter
    There's a trapdoor in the sun.
  • Options
    He's a talented dude, yeah.

However I almost feel the same way as you about Jose Gonzalez. He needs another album out.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    Got to see Paolo a few weeks back in Philly. Pretty damn good live show and some amazing/catchy songs.

When he pulled off an amazing cover of Fred Neil's "the Dolphins", I was hooked.

I predict he'll be next years Grammy's "best new artist".
  • Options
    Got to see Paolo a few weeks back in Philly. Pretty damn good live show and some amazing/catchy songs.

When he pulled off an amazing cover of Fred Neil's "the Dolphins", I was hooked.

I predict he'll be next years Grammy's "best new artist".
    he has a really interesting voice, specially for such a young age, and he has chosen good songs to show it off. I'm intrigued to see what he'll do next. Definitely worth having the album
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    PJ MAVEN wrote:
    I haven't been this impressed or diverted, musically, since PJ 16 years ago!

Paolo's music is good enough, that I feel like I'm cheating on Ed & The Boys, after a 16 year relationship!!

Nonetheless...give him a good listen...and don't believe that James Blunt comparison garbage! TOTAL CRAP!!! In fact it's an insult!!

-PJ MAVEN

I just saw/heard him on VH1 this morning for the first time, and for a minute I thought he was James Blunt because they look alike, but they definitely don't sound the same. can't remember the name of the song, but it was pretty good....something about shoes?
  • Options
    Dollpartz wrote:
    I just saw/heard him on VH1 this morning for the first time, and for a minute I thought he was James Blunt because they look alike, but they definitely don't sound the same. can't remember the name of the song, but it was pretty good....something about shoes?

"New Shoes", it's quite a cheery song huh? He doesn't look like James Blunt, he's actually likeable and cute. James Blunt looks like a mouse! :D
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • Options
    StuffnJunkStuffnJunk Posts: 896
    i had the tv on one of those channels that actually plays music videos, and this song came on that really made me stop and take notice.....so i waited til the end of the video on literally wrote down the name of the song and artist, and it was "new shoes" by paolo nutini.....i don't usually like sugary sweet pretty boy pop, but this song was really damn catchy
    "I'll tell you what: If all I had was Pearl Jam, and I didn't have another band in the world, I would not be worried. Because in there is the essence of making great music. You don't have to use it all at once, but it's there." - Neil Young
  • Options
    stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    The video is pretty cool, filmed in shawlands in the southside of glasgow.

Didnt like paulo nutini at first, thought he was a bit james bluntish but he's grown on me a bit.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • Options
    Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 2,881
    Been awhile since I have listened to this..... Such a great album. Gotta give it some love again....
    "Sunny Side Up"
    1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

• Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Dude is good - when is the new album coming out? 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=n9T-lvqJq2Q
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,524
    edited July 2018
    I love Paola Nutini! Caustic Love is an especially great album. I certainly hope he's got a new album coming soon.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata