First Ever PJ show at Fenway in Sept. - NEED ADVICE

I know this forum is full of Die-hards, I've been a fan since 91' I'm sure just like many of you. But Septemeber will be my first show (I've had chances to go to 2 other shows and they weren't meant to be) Anyway, my wife suprised me with tickets to Fenway in Sept. and I'm looking for any and all advice as a first timer, and also anything paticular to seeing the show at Fenway. Please I'll take anything any of you deem useful. (location for pictures, must purchase schwag, time to arrive, parking, etc.) I'm open to whatever. Thanks for hearing me out, hopefully this post doesn't get lost in the shuffle.

- Brian

Comments

• Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,857
    Image result for Welcome to the party pal gif

Do you reside in Boston or have visited Boston before? Or will this be your first time in visiting the city? 
  • mschostokmschostok Chicago, IL Posts: 858
    Unreal wife. You'll have a blast, that's for sure. I guess my one piece of advice would be to arrive early and hang out, drink, eat, and meet some cool people around the stadium in bars, etc. Soak everything in. To be honest, the pre-show festivities are almost as fun as the actual show. Enjoy man!
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    Eddie Vedder Obama Farewell Address 2017
    Eddie Vedder Louisville, KY 2017
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020
  • newbrewguynewbrewguy Posts: 11
    Ray J. T. said:

Do you reside in Boston or have visited Boston before? Or will this be your first time in visiting the city? 
    I don’t live in Boston we’ll be coming from Maryland but we have visited Boston once before, went to a game at Fenway and did a little site seeing.

mschostok said:
    Unreal wife. You'll have a blast, that's for sure. I guess my one piece of advice would be to arrive early and hang out, drink, eat, and meet some cool people around the stadium in bars, etc. Soak everything in. To be honest, the pre-show festivities are almost as fun as the actual show. Enjoy man!
    Thanks mschostok! I expect it to be awesome, I appreciate the advice.
    Ray J. T. said:

I don’t live in Boston we’ll be coming from Maryland but we have visited Boston once before, went to a game at Fenway and did a little site seeing.

Awesome, then you are already familiar with the city. I wouldn't waste any time with the touristy sight seeing stuff since you have been there and done that already. @mschostok put it best, arrive early to the Fenway area and get yourself comfortable at one of the bars or pubs as this area is going to be flooded with fans that are going to be attending the shows. Get to meet some of the fellow 10c members and just hang out. I would also advise not wasting time standing in a merch line as this will take away from meeting and hanging around some really cool people, and having a really good time. Wait till the stadium doors open and grab whatever item you are looking to get to remember your first show inside the stadium. There will be plenty of merch stands inside with 90% less wait time.  Remember that the 10c store will also have some of the show merch available here if you care to go that route instead.  I know you are most certainly going to want to grab something to remember your first show by. Also keep a close eye on the forums as we get closer to the dates as all sorts of cool people will be posting where some of the meet ups are taking place and posting 10c member activities on the day between the shows. Also the wishlist Foundation party will be announced here on the boards as well. Other than that enjoy and take it all in. 

Cheers! 
  • pawlowski1097pawlowski1097 Philadelphia, PA Posts: 571
    I did Fenway last time. 

Skip merch lines 
    Go to 10c pre party 
    drink the vodka and lemonades in fenway 
    it takes 10-20 minutes to get into the stadium so be prepared. 

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,852
    Dude!

Don't have any expectations.  

Expect a PJ show with hits, misses, rarities and singalongs.

Most of all if you know these songs make sure that you sing your lungs out!!!
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,164
    Get tickets to the other night. You’re gonna wish you did :)
  • jpgoegeljpgoegel Posts: 410
    there's so much fun around Fenway, i agree with the above about skipping the Boston site-seeing stuff.  immerse yourself in a full PJ day with the fans and the atomsphere.....as far as parking goes =) clusterfuck small businesses closed for the day charging like 5x what it should but it is what it is.    there's stuff like a mile away that's cheaper but don't worry about for now
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    No advice here, except have a great time OP!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • jmf5631jmf5631 Baltimore Posts: 26
    Hello Brian!  I'm also in MD (Baltimore City) and traveling to Boston for Fenway N1.  Be on the lookout for the Wishlist party.  Always a good time and for a great cause.  ~Jill

4/8/94 - Fairfax, VA, 9/24/96 - Columbia, MD, 10/27/13 - Baltimore, 4/29/16 - Philly II, 11/4/16 - TOTD Philly I, 4/7/17 - RRHOF, 8/18,20/18 - Chicago, 9/2/18 - Boston; EV Solo - 9/23/17 - Louisville, 9/24/17 - Franklin, TN, 9/28/19 - OHANA
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Drink too much. 

That is all
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    Put your name on the list for GA lineup.

:tongue:
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,759
    Wishlist preparty, pace yourself for a long day in the area, sing along, skip on merch unless there's no line, give yourself plenty of time to get into the stadium. 
  • DM282158DM282158 Beverly, MA Posts: 514
    In terms of getting there - it’s kind of inconvenient from the commuter rail. Fenway is on the green line (Kenmore) and pretty easy to navigate. Tons of Uber’s and cabs. Although Boston is a big city, it’s a small town vibe and literally small in size (compared to other big cities). So not far at all to walk from place to place (although confusing - one ways, old school streets, etc. ) so use your google maps. 

Great place though - glad I’ve grown up here and a very passionate place for PJ. 
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,852
    jmf5631 said:
    Hello Brian!  I'm also in MD (Baltimore City) and traveling to Boston for Fenway N1.  Be on the lookout for the Wishlist party.  Always a good time and for a great cause.  ~Jill

Them wishlist partys are cray.  Lots of fun there too!
  • jpgoegeljpgoegel Posts: 410
    Yes, please come to the Wishlist parties (two)!  They're being held at Jillian's/Lucky Strikes right across the street from Fenway's center field.  Great organizers, great PJ stuff, great cause as Jill already mentioned.
    You guys are great, thanks so much all of you for the info.  I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to this, please keep the suggestions coming!
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
  • PJINFLAPJINFLA Posts: 662
    The night before the show hang out on the street near Fenway and listen to PJ soundcheck for the concert. 
    4/22/92 St. Petersburg, 8/23/92 Orlando, 3/29/94 St. Petersburg, 10/7/96 Ft. Lauderdale, 9/8/98 East Rutherford, 9/22/98 West Palm Beach, 9/23/98 West Palm Beach, 8/9/00 West Palm Beach, 8/10/00 West Palm Beach, 8/12/00 Tampa, 4/11/03 West Palm Beach, 4/13/03 Tampa, 6/2/03 Irvine, 6/3/03 Irvine, 9/28/04 Boston, 9/29/04 Boston, 9/1/05 George WA, 9/11/05 Kitchener, 9/12/05 London, 9/13/05 Hamilton, 10/03/05 Philadelphia, 5/16/06 Chicago, 5/17/06 Chicago, 6/23/06 Pittsburgh, 6/24/06 Cincinnati, 6/11/08, West Palm Beach, 6/12/08 Tampa, 6/19/08 Camden, 6/20/08 Camden, 8/23/09 Chicago, 8/24/09 Chicago, 10/27/09 Philadelphia, 10/28/09 Philadelphia, 10/30/09 Philadelphia, 10/31/09 Philadelphia, 5/18/10 New Jersey, 5/20/10 New York, 5/21/10 New York, 9/3/11 East Troy, 9/4/11 East Troy, 9/11/11 Toronto, 9/12/11 Toronto, 9/02/12 Philadelphia, 9/21/12 Pensacola, 7/19/13 Chicago, 10/18/13 Brooklyn, 10/19/13 Brooklyn, 11/23/13 LA, 10/24/13 LA, 11/16/13 Oklahoma City, 10/1/14 Cincinnati, 10/20/14 Milwaukee, 10/22/14 Denver, 4/8/16 Ft. Lauderdale, 4/9/16 Miami, 4/11/16 Tampa, 5/1/16 New York, 5/2/16 New York, 8/5/16 Boston, 8/7/16 Boston, 8/20/16 Chicago, 8/22/16 Chicago, 4/07/17 New York, 8/08/18 Seattle, 8/10/18 Seattle, 8/20/18 Chicago
    9/02/18 Boston, 9/04/18 Boston, 9/11/22 New York, 9/16/22 Nashville, 9/22/22 Denver, 8/31/23, St. Paul, 9/2/23 St. Paul, 9/18/23 Austin, 9/19/23 Austin
  • opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,087
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
    Most certainly is. It went over 10 years strong. 
  • arnhem1976arnhem1976 Posts: 647
    I wanna thank newbrewguy for this topic. I’m traveling from the Netherlands to the fenway shows i needed Some advise as well. 
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    As well does a fellow Canadian need advice for 1st visit to Boston. I have the Airbnb booked already but no parking at this place. From what I have gathered so far, parking is limited and I will need to find somewhere to park car and potentially leave for 3 days in lot. We will likely walk or cab it to where we need to go. Were staying on Beacon St.
    If I require the longterm parking, who do you locals suggest??
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • sp1984sp1984 New Hampshire Posts: 140
    @Black35 Staying on Beacon Street as well about 4 blocks up from Kenmore for the weekend as we're driving down from New Hampshire. We'll likely leave our car at the Wellington T-station out on the Orange Line and take the T to our hotel. There is some street parking in the area, but schools will be back in session, so availability is limited. You can also park at Riverside T-Station on the D-line (Green) and take the train to your hotel (parking is 6$/day at both T stations). 

In the Fenway area, I wouldn't miss Sweet Cheeks Q (especially the biscuits). If you want touristy -- the Cask N Flagon, but there are plenty of better bars if you want good beers and more local atmosphere. If you care about Fenway or baseball, the tour of Fenway is fun, otherwise I wouldn't bother. On Monday night, you might  see who is playing at the Paradise or the Brighton Music Club if you want more music stuff. 

Brunch on Saturday and Sunday is really good at the Back Bay Social Club (and the Friendly Toast, but the wait there can be ridiculous). If you're looking for beer/cider stuff, you can go big (Sam Adams or Harpoon) or smaller (Lord Hobo, Downeast Cider,  Night Shift) for tours and samples. 
    Tampa 04/16
    Fenway 1 08/16
    Fenway 2 08/16
    Fenway 1 09/18
    Fenway 2 09/18
    PJ songs at our wedding: Love Reign O'er Me (1st dance); Sirens (last dance); Long Road (Momma-Son dance). 
  • wobbler_kittywobbler_kitty Millbury, MA Posts: 161
    Get there early. 
    Get there early. 
    Get there early. 
    Seriously, Fenway shows start earlier than most and apparently people don’t actually read their tickets for show time. Give yourself plenty of time to get inside, grab a drink or merch, and get to your seat. 

Unless you plan on doing a lot of sight seeing or traveling outside of the city, don’t bother with driving and just Uber/Lyft everywhere. Traffic and parking is ridiculous in general, nevermind around the stadium on show days. If you’re driving in, park for the weekend at a T lot if you can, it’s cheaper. If flying, don’t bother with a rental.
    sp1984 said:
    @Black35 Staying on Beacon Street as well about 4 blocks up from Kenmore for the weekend as we're driving down from New Hampshire. We'll likely leave our car at the Wellington T-station out on the Orange Line and take the T to our hotel. There is some street parking in the area, but schools will be back in session, so availability is limited. You can also park at Riverside T-Station on the D-line (Green) and take the train to your hotel (parking is 6$/day at both T stations). 

In the Fenway area, I wouldn't miss Sweet Cheeks Q (especially the biscuits). If you want touristy -- the Cask N Flagon, but there are plenty of better bars if you want good beers and more local atmosphere. If you care about Fenway or baseball, the tour of Fenway is fun, otherwise I wouldn't bother. On Monday night, you might  see who is playing at the Paradise or the Brighton Music Club if you want more music stuff. 

Brunch on Saturday and Sunday is really good at the Back Bay Social Club (and the Friendly Toast, but the wait there can be ridiculous). If you're looking for beer/cider stuff, you can go big (Sam Adams or Harpoon) or smaller (Lord Hobo, Downeast Cider,  Night Shift) for tours and samples. 
    Awesome, thanks for the tips, I'll check into this. Were not completely sure what were going to do if off days yet, but gives us some ideas. Most likely will involve beer of some sorts. Cheers!!
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    Anyone ever use Spot Hero for parking Boston? How is it dealing with them?
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • ~*~ BUMP ~*~

I've gotten some great info here, so thanks to everyone who had advice for me, I just wanted to get this back on the first page in case anyone else had something to add. Leaving for Boston in a couple days and can't wait for the show!! Thangs again!
  • Hopefully this is something fun for you:
    Go to this website:
    www.twofeetthick.com and search for the  guide to fan participation

http://www.twofeetthick.com/2006/06/22/the-tft-guide-to-fan-participation/

Have a fantastic time at your first show!