Forums really glitchy the last couple of days

PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
edited October 2016 in Technical Stuff and Help
I think others have been having some issues too, given the sudden flux of accidental multiple posts, but anyway, just wanted to make 10C aware that there have been technical probs with the boards for at least 2 days. Errors, pages won't load, some random posts won't post until after a few tries, a weird bright yellow highlight covers some posts right when it's created on occasion (that has been happening for weeks actually)... just glitchy. Getting annoying. FYI. It is worse with the mobile version, but some errors were happening on the desktop view too.
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata

Comments

• lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    The forums are fine, no glitches ... your devices are out of date and obviously need replacing, carry on...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    lukin2006 said:

The forums are fine, no glitches ... your devices are out of date and obviously need replacing, carry on...

No, my devices are not out of date.
    The issues were better yesterday though. I don't think it happened at all.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    yeah, they've been glitchy
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    PJ_Soul said:

lukin2006 said:

I'm just kidding...I haven't noticed any glitches. Maybe if you notice glitches, post in the thread whether you are using windows, mac, iOS, android or another os...I'm using mac desktop, iOS portable ... experience no glitches. Sometimes if the IT experts know the OS they can narrow down the glitches, just maybe this helps...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

lukin2006 said:

PJ_Soul said:

lukin2006 said:

I'm just kidding...I haven't noticed any glitches. Maybe if you notice glitches, post in the thread whether you are using windows, mac, iOS, android or another os...I'm using mac desktop, iOS portable ... experience no glitches. Sometimes if the IT experts know the OS they can narrow down the glitches, just maybe this helps...
    Good idea. I'm using Android and Windows. But as mentioned, the issues are gone as of yesterday. :)
    The quoting feature is really screwed up now. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it won't separate the new comment from the post being quoted, and sometimes it double quotes.
  • SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,903
    PJ_Soul said:

The quoting feature is really screwed up now. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it won't separate the new comment from the post being quoted, and sometimes it double quotes.

Can you take a screenshot?
    Thanks
    I just experienced a quote that fucked up...

Sea said:

PJ_Soul said:

Can you take a screenshot?
    Thanks
    I will if the quote does that thing where it doesn't separate the new comment from the post being replied to, if it happens again (happened several times yesterday morning, not yet today). Today I am still getting double quotes though. I just click quote and the quote is there twice for no reason. Only happens sometimes. The posts were too big to take a screen shot of though.
    Kay, can't clip right now, but Sea, it just happened in the America's Gun Violence thread, pg 138, 10:33AM. It started as a double quote, so I deleted the first instance of the double quote, and the results are there. Doesn't work properly.
    lukin2006 said:

What were you using to post at the time the quote issue occurred? Mobile or desktop version? Do you have a link to the post?
    Thank you
    Sea said:

lukin2006 said:

What were you using to post at the time the quote issue occurred? Mobile or desktop version? Do you have a link to the post?
    Thank you
    I was using Mac desktop, safari browser...hope this helps

lukin2006 said:

Sea said:

lukin2006 said:

Thank you
    I was using Mac desktop, safari browser...hope this helps
    And I was using a Windows PC and Firefox.
    Thanks!
    Please continue to keep us updated on when issues with the quote feature occur.
    Thank you
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Double posting.  (Bourbon thread on The Porch with me.  First concert thread in Other Music with brianlux.)

Major delays with error messages stating that we need to try again.  

Anyone else encountering this? Problems on phone and desktop.  Phone is Samsung Galaxy S8. Desktop is an iMac. (Only because sometimes people wonder.) 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
    edited June 2018
    Thank you @deadendp

Edited to add: Vanilla experienced technical issues yesterday and earlier in the week as well. This may or may not be related. Going forward please let us know if you still experience these issues. Thank you!

Post edited by Sea on
    Thanks, Sea!  

A lil glitchy today.  
    Thank you. Vanilla Forums experienced a partial outage today. It wasn't just our forum.
    Best,
    Sea

Thanks, @Sea !
    Hi @Sea - are you already aware of the issues happening now? Error popups keep coming up when I try to post. I.e. I click the Post button, and many times in a row a little popup saying it didn't work appears. After several attempts (sometimes fewer, sometimes many), it finally posts. And there are times when the error doesn't happen.
    edited September 2018
    Thank you for reporting this @PJ_Soul
    Is it still happening? 
    Sea said:
    Thank you for reporting this @PJ_Soul
    Is it still happening? 
    It hasn't happened so far this morning, but I'll let you know if it does. :)
    Well I haven't had that error popup when trying to post today yet, but I am getting this page semi-regularly but randomly when I'm just navigating the forum. I forgot to mention this previously, but this has also been happening for days:

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to community.pearljam.com:80. SSL received a record that exceeded the maximum permissible length. Error code: SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
        Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

Learn more…

Report errors like this to help Mozilla identify and block malicious sites

And now yes, that error popup when trying to post just happened again too.
    Thank you. Are you using the latest version of Firefox?
    Sea said:
    Thank you. Are you using the latest version of Firefox?
    I am.

Double posting.  It has happened on The Porch, too.  

Still happening.  Any update, @Sea