albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    deftonesdeftones Athens, Greece Posts: 2,444
    ATHENS / 30-9-2006, MANCHESTER / 20-6-2012, MANCHESTER / 21-6-2012, AMSTERDAM / 16-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 17-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 12-6-2018, AMSTERDAM / 13-6-2018, PRAGUE / 1-7-2018, KRAKOW / 3-7-2018, BERLIN / 5-7-2018
  • Options
    js261067js261067 Posts: 125
    deftones said:
    The whole system's a joke. But f#ck us guys eh,  flippers are doing us a service.  We should be grateful that they stand in line for us.  Modern day heroes.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,696

• Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,848
    What is it
     Ed signing copies?
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    What is it
     Ed signing copies?
    Yep.

• Options
    demetrios said:

• Options
    Nice
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
  • Options
    Just people being  nosey to see what happens.  And maybe people waiting to sell theirs  want a benchmark I would guess.  No way it goes for that. That is ridiculous . This has to be stopped. But as some will say of someone is stupid enough to pay that then go ahead.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Just people being  nosey to see what happens.  And maybe people waiting to sell theirs  want a benchmark I would guess.  No way it goes for that. That is ridiculous . This has to be stopped. But as some will say of someone is stupid enough to pay that then go ahead.
    And then come on here to brag about what they paid for it.  Not that there was a recent example of that here or anything. :weary:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    I mean, It’s a good thought for everyone to join forces and vow to not buy flipper posters, but it’s not realistic.  It’s not up to the fans to stop this.  If the band wanted poster demand to decrease, they could easily let people pre order them with their tickets.

If people want to spend their hard earned money paying over face value for a memory/poster that they’ll cherish forever, How can you blame them?

At the end of the day, posters are a material item and not a necessity.  Just because someone buys one from a flipper doesn’t mean they live by those standards.  There’s nothing unethical about it considering we’re talking about a material item.  
    yup. exactly.
    the only thing i have seen in the past 10 years is some posters now have a hologram sticker on the back to stop flipping LOL
  • Options
    Yeah that hologram has put pay to flippers. :angry:
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    It could be worse I guess, you could be buying crack and funding organised crime. 
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • Options
    Mr. FixerMr. Fixer Posts: 585
    edited June 2018
    Anybody receive their Paul Jackson Amsterdam #1 Signed & Numbered AP yet, or even received a shipping tracking number yet? Nothing here on either front,  I am looking forward to adding this once to the portfolio.
  • Options
    It could be worse I guess, you could be buying crack and funding organised crime. 

These posters are like crack to some !!

Its a big problem and hard to shake

• Options
    senoiachucksenoiachuck Posts: 106
    If they GENUINELY wanted to end the whole flipping fiasco they would simply make the posters available through Ten Club timed editions. 
  • Options
    AO253126AO253126 Posts: 363
    js261067 said:
    Hope Emek works out who it is and cancels thier order. 
    Why though? Trust me, I hate this practice too - the stones on this guy - but this is the free market at work. If someone is willing to pay that outlandish price, then the only one who should feel duped is EMEK. Yeah it sucks and it's appalling for the majority of us who don't have that kind of money to throw around, but maybe this seller has good intentions. They probably don't, but maybe they're buying a house, paying for bills, or whatever. Either way, it's really beside the point.

If this person had somehow got five of these, then I'd feel differently, but there was a one per person limit. I assume they only got one, and they're free to do with it as they please, no matter how much it offends my sensibilities. Would it be any better if they waited a few weeks/months/years before asking outlandish money for it? When that happens, people seem to be more "ok" with it.

To me, this is very different from the people who buy 10 of something at a show, shutting out the people behind them in line. There should be limits set and enforced at the merch tents. If a flipper gets in line, waits all day, buys their two poster limit, then wants to try to turn a profit on them, then I'm ok with that, even if I don't love the idea of it. it's their prerogative. But if they are able to get their hands on 10 or 20 or even 5, that's overboard in my opinion.

BTW, I'm not trying to pick on you. Your post just triggered some interesting thoughts for me, that's all.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,968
    If they GENUINELY wanted to end the whole flipping fiasco they would simply make the posters available through Ten Club timed editions. 
    Ahhhh.  Timed editions.  Imagine if they did that with all the prints?  We would know the print runs and quite possibly see a poster only sell a total of 50, lol.
  • Options
    js261067js261067 Posts: 125
    AO253126 said:
    js261067 said:
    Why though? Trust me, I hate this practice too - the stones on this guy - but this is the free market at work. If someone is willing to pay that outlandish price, then the only one who should feel duped is EMEK. Yeah it sucks and it's appalling for the majority of us who don't have that kind of money to throw around, but maybe this seller has good intentions. They probably don't, but maybe they're buying a house, paying for bills, or whatever. Either way, it's really beside the point.

If this person had somehow got five of these, then I'd feel differently, but there was a one per person limit. I assume they only got one, and they're free to do with it as they please, no matter how much it offends my sensibilities. Would it be any better if they waited a few weeks/months/years before asking outlandish money for it? When that happens, people seem to be more "ok" with it.

To me, this is very different from the people who buy 10 of something at a show, shutting out the people behind them in line. There should be limits set and enforced at the merch tents. If a flipper gets in line, waits all day, buys their two poster limit, then wants to try to turn a profit on them, then I'm ok with that, even if I don't love the idea of it. it's their prerogative. But if they are able to get their hands on 10 or 20 or even 5, that's overboard in my opinion.

BTW, I'm not trying to pick on you. Your post just triggered some interesting thoughts for me, that's all.
    Agree with all of the above,  Except Emek is an artist who wants people who love his work to own it.  Someone flipping a limited edition before it's even shipped,  deserves to lose their order in favour of someone who might appreciate it more..IMHO

Or At least have some patience or be a bit more subtle
  • Options
    NinetytworulesNinetytworules Boston Posts: 454
    js261067 said:
    AO253126 said:
    js261067 said:

Agree with all of the above,  Except Emek is an artist who wants people who love his work to own it.  Someone flipping a limited edition before it's even shipped,  deserves to lose their order in favour of someone who might appreciate it more..IMHO

Or At least have some patience or be a bit more subtle
    “Got to man... This is America”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmIvu1yg3bU&feature=share

• Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,057
    Just wondering, when the mystery boxes/tubes went out 2 years ago, and people were posting what they got and saying available for sale (in that post), are they considered flippers since they really were only buying the boxes in hopes of one of the grails? 
  • Options
    prlprl Posts: 125
    edited June 2018
    hihobibo said:
    Just wondering, when the mystery boxes/tubes went out 2 years ago, and people were posting what they got and saying available for sale (in that post), are they considered flippers since they really were only buying the boxes in hopes of one of the grails? 
    Were they selling the posters for 10 times their value?
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    I was underwhelmed by the Emek, however if i got one signed by Eddie it would become the nicest poster i own :lol:
  • Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,624
    Mr. Fixer said:
    Anybody receive their Paul Jackson Amsterdam #1 Signed & Numbered AP yet, or even received a shipping tracking number yet? Nothing here on either front,  I am looking forward to adding this once to the portfolio.
    I never received a shipping confirmation, but it arrived on Wednesday. 
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Options
    fanofzsfanofzs NYC Posts: 507
    Hawk123 said:
    I was refreshing too quickly and got banned a couple times, had to go on VPN and switch locations when I was blocked.
    This happened to me too.
    Me too.  Didn't even know this was a possibility.  :-(
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    demetrios said:
    demetrios said:

I just noticed!  Eddie is the taller one!  :smiley:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,057
    prl said:
    hihobibo said:
    Were they selling the posters for 10 times their value?
    I'm sure some wanted more than the $35 that posters sell for on 10 Club. Everyone deals with PMs, so you never really know what they go for, but I know some of my offers of $50 shipped were rejected.

Point is, people are buying these items with no intent of keeping the contents if it is not a Pittsburgh 2013, Cracker Jack, Kong, etc. Essentially, a gambling flipper.
  • Options
    fanofzs said:
    Hawk123 said:
    I was refreshing too quickly and got banned a couple times, had to go on VPN and switch locations when I was blocked.
    This happened to me too.
    Me too.  Didn't even know this was a possibility.  :-(

Ya, totally cuffed me on any LONG SHOT chance I had at getting one. =)