Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers Live Anthology 7 LP

Comments

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Ya, so just reading some tweets on bullmoose you can see it's a repress. So soundstage is being a bit sketchy on this it seems. Oh well, I'm still happy to get one. 
    Yeah, that’s dodgy as hell if so, but don’t care if it’s an OP or repress. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    Well because I like limited edition stuff and being able to actually own one once in a while is kinda cool.
    Also, it would not be cool if SSD is selling this as original (wearhouse find) when it is actually a repress. 

Also forgot to mention im in Canada so Shipping was not free. It was $50 actually. I was willing to eat that thinking I was getting a great deal on a limited edition 2500 run set.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,851
    Ya, so just reading some tweets on bullmoose you can see it's a repress. So soundstage is being a bit sketchy on this it seems. Oh well, I'm still happy to get one. 
    Yeah, that’s dodgy as hell if so, but don’t care if it’s an OP or repress. 
    $150 is still a good price!
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    When Wallflowers?
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Really want to get this, but will have to wait. I hope I can still find it in a few months.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    When Wallflowers?
    That's what I want to know! It's totally unfair of me, all things considered, but I'm starting to feel really impatient about that. :angry:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    ya'll are smoking the wrong kind of wildflowers...
    i do wish jakob would get back out on tour again soon...
    ya'll are smoking the wrong kind of wildflowers...
    i do wish jakob would get back out on tour again soon...
    I meant wildflowers lol
    Anyone see an update on this? I emailed Soundstage asking what the deal is with "warehouse find". Have not heard anything back yet.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    edited June 2018
    Willing to bet its not a warehouse find

happy for everyone to get this 

I just got an email back from SSD confirming this is form the original batch pressed. Warner Bros found some stock that did not make it out originally.

Email form SSD ...

"Thank you for reaching out! A lot of people have been asking about this - you're not the only one. When we were given the info from Warner Brothers to put this Tom Petty box set back up for sale, we were told that they had found a bit of stock in their warehouses that had previously been lost.

As a record collector myself, I can understand your concern here. We have received confirmation though from the record company that these are from the original pressing".

• mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,173
    I’ve never quite seen anything like this and I’m not sure what to make of it. Just thankful to own this now at a reasonable price.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    I’ve never quite seen anything like this and I’m not sure what to make of it. Just thankful to own this now at a reasonable price.
    I've seen it. A few years back someone pretty much just discovered a crate of unsold original Day for Night Tragically Hip LPs in a back room somewhere. That record was going for about $400+ on ebay, sealed/mint, at the time, and even just finding one for sale at all was kind of an event. The band decided to just hand it over to a Canadian online record store that they liked for the original wholesale price, and I and a couple others on these boards managed to buy a copy for maybe $30CAD. It was one of the most exciting record collecting moments of my life. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata

@PJ_Soul that would have been a great day for sure. I know how rare that one was at the time.

• DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    PJ_Soul said:
    I've seen it. A few years back someone pretty much just discovered a crate of unsold original Day for Night Tragically Hip LPs in a back room somewhere. That record was going for about $400+ on ebay, sealed/mint, at the time, and even just finding one for sale at all was kind of an event. The band decided to just hand it over to a Canadian online record store that they liked for the original wholesale price, and I and a couple others on these boards managed to buy a copy for maybe $30CAD. It was one of the most exciting record collecting moments of my life. :lol:

White Backspacers if I remember that one right too.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090

I just got an email back from SSD confirming this is form the original batch pressed. Warner Bros found some stock that did not make it out originally.

Email form SSD ...

"Thank you for reaching out! A lot of people have been asking about this - you're not the only one. When we were given the info from Warner Brothers to put this Tom Petty box set back up for sale, we were told that they had found a bit of stock in their warehouses that had previously been lost.

As a record collector myself, I can understand your concern here. We have received confirmation though from the record company that these are from the original pressing".

Thanks for looking into this! 
    www.cluthelee.com
    No problem. I also went to Bullmoose as they were siting it was a re-press. They said it could in fact be Warner Brothers miscommunication to different retailers. So they could not confirm 100% what it actually is.
  • Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,225
    Got the same reply from Soundstage guaranteeing it was an original copy. 
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,225
    edited June 2018
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
    Horse2345 said:
    Hot damn!  This is a GREAT find then!!! Thanks for posting!!!
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Terrible time for this to be released. Saving & paying stuff off. Ugh. I may sell some vinyl this weekend to make this happen.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Horse2345 said:
    Hot damn!  This is a GREAT find then!!! Thanks for posting!!!
    Yea, everything points to this being NOS.

exactly. I don't see Amazon with any in stock or pre-sale.

If they did I would assume its a re-press then.

Amazon has this in stock.

Damn, how many did they find?!?

Actually I don't care.  I just want the vinyl.

Ok wow, they must have just added it recently because it wasn't there the last few days.

Now it makes me think twice about re-press vs original. Who knows.

Bullmose stated 3000 copies were made available. I asked them if that was 500 (new old stock) added to the 2500 original run release or if that was an additional 3000 being issued now. No answer from them.

having said that, amazons Product details state ...

"2009 seven 180gm vinyl LP box set containing live recordings drawn from 30 years of live performances".

Issue date: Nov 23 2009

having said that, amazons Product details state ...

"2009 seven 180gm vinyl LP box set containing live recordings drawn from 30 years of live performances".

Issue date: Nov 23 2009

Nobody knows for sure as it sounds like all the distributors were given different information from WB. The fact that it appears so readily Avilable leads me to believe it is indeed a repress. I honestly don’t care, as all the runout info is identical and impossible to discern from the original pressing. My guess is since this was advertised as limited back in 2009, they don’t want to open themselves up for false advertising. Between Amazon, Music Direct, Soundstage Direct, Bullmoose, Elusive Disc, Rarewaves, etc. all selling these, I find it difficult to believe it’s just a warehouse find.

As far as what Amazon lists under product description, I’ve seen at least 2 other sites completely contradict that. Who cares though? This is a great set and I’m happy to finally own it at a reasonable price.

I agree with you, happy to get it in my collection.

I am also thinking this is a re-print, and possible a fairly limited (3000) one as well. But who knows.

Id just like to know the truth is all.

also, amazons detail descriptions are really not that reliable I find.  

Matrix info will tell the story