7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380

Land in Scotland in two weeks!  I was planning on canceling that part of the trip but American Airlines has told me that would cost $3,000, so I am not canceling.  I have booked no hotels or courses as I was planning to cancel.  I believe my only shot at the Old Course will be an early, early arrival and hoping to be placed in a group.  I don't want to waste time though and not play since I'll only be there 3.5 days.  I'll be in St. Andrews though so it can't be all bad.  I love it that sunrise is 4:24am and sunset is 10:00pm though!   I'll be by myself so I figure it may be easier to get paired up with a twosome or threesome.

good luck!

I’ve been there. it’s awesome!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Cobb’s creek, a pretty historic but dump of a course looks like it may be getting restored. Would be pretty amazing news. I have only played it a couple time and while it is an absolute dump, it’s a glorious, championship, track 
    Players love this tournament now. Hell of a field 
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    FINALLY driving the ball well and playing good golf again for first time since last year.  I wish I can bottle this for the rest of my life. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • ponytdponytd Nashville Posts: 653

Land in Scotland in two weeks!  I was planning on canceling that part of the trip but American Airlines has told me that would cost $3,000, so I am not canceling.  I have booked no hotels or courses as I was planning to cancel.  I believe my only shot at the Old Course will be an early, early arrival and hoping to be placed in a group.  I don't want to waste time though and not play since I'll only be there 3.5 days.  I'll be in St. Andrews though so it can't be all bad.  I love it that sunrise is 4:24am and sunset is 10:00pm though!   I'll be by myself so I figure it may be easier to get paired up with a twosome or threesome.

Hope you get on. If you can't get on there, I've heard the Castle course is really cool and a nice track, so hopefully you can play one of the courses around there at least. I'm hoping to go over there next year possibly to play some courses. I'll be playing Chambers Bay during my PJ Seattle trip and really looking forward to it. Just hope I don't completely fall apart in my round.

This past Saturday, my girlfriend and I went to go eat at a Mexican restaurant down the street from our house for lunch. The hostess was taking us to our table and sat us next to a table with like 4 kids and 3 adults and I look over at the table as I sit down and it was Brandt Snedeker and his wife. I leaned over to my girlfriend and I was like "hey, that's Brandt Snedeker" and of course her response was  "who?". As I was trying to tell her he was a pro golfer and was from the area she gave me a look like I she doesn't care, so I just said nevermind, you've ruined the moment lol
    Tiger going with a mallet...yikes.  Dude is searching. 
    a mullet????? damn :tired_face:

garbage field and eldrick is T48.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22

ponytd said:

Hope you get on. If you can't get on there, I've heard the Castle course is really cool and a nice track, so hopefully you can play one of the courses around there at least. I'm hoping to go over there next year possibly to play some courses. I'll be playing Chambers Bay during my PJ Seattle trip and really looking forward to it. Just hope I don't completely fall apart in my round.

This past Saturday, my girlfriend and I went to go eat at a Mexican restaurant down the street from our house for lunch. The hostess was taking us to our table and sat us next to a table with like 4 kids and 3 adults and I look over at the table as I sit down and it was Brandt Snedeker and his wife. I leaned over to my girlfriend and I was like "hey, that's Brandt Snedeker" and of course her response was  "who?". As I was trying to tell her he was a pro golfer and was from the area she gave me a look like I she doesn't care, so I just said nevermind, you've ruined the moment lol

I think Snedecker is a good dude, but that name is right out of caddyshack.

that and bryson dechambeau.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Hell yeah, Rocco

The 2008 U.S. Open runner up isn't holding back. Representing the old-school, hardline set: Rocco Mediate. Here's what he had to say about player reactions to the U.S. Open setup at Shinnecock Hills.
    • "Truthfully, it's all been a bunch of bull(expletive), what I've heard, complete horse(expletive). I'll say it again if you want me to."
    • "Here's the deal - here's the deal, two weeks ago: If you don't like how it was set up, A, hit better shots; B, don't come. Don't come. Someone will take your place. It's real, real simple. Now you're getting me mad."
    • "They're talking about, well, you just shot 10 feet right of the pin, rolled into the bunker. Hit it left of the pin, then, OK? Because everybody's got to play the golf course."
    • "Let me ask you this question, too. Remember the one about the golf course changed from the morning - have you ever played one that didn't? Of course it's going to change. That's what it's supposed to do."
    • "Sometimes it can get softer in the afternoon. Sometimes it gets firmer...What I heard that week made me want to throw up, basically. Just shut up, play. Because I guarantee you that trophy, that beautiful trophy they give away, this week and two weeks ago, is way worth the crap you have to go through to win it. It is. I haven't done that yet, but it is. I had this much on it. It was worth the try."
    Wobbie said:

ponytd said:

I remember listening to a podcast a while back of Snedeker and it made me realize how much money these guys really make.  He said he hasn't checked his bank account in something like a decade but he did the day after the FedEx cup check came in to see the gigantic deposit of whatever comes in after taxes are taken out of $10 mil. Hell of a life not having to look at a bank account for 10 years.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    A guy I work with went to TPC this morning. Just text me this:

A guy I work with went to TPC this morning. Just text me this:

That's sweet. For anyone who goes to a PGA event, definitely spend time on the range.

El Tigre looking pretty good today it seems.
    motherfucker!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:

ponytd said:

I remember listening to a podcast a while back of Snedeker and it made me realize how much money these guys really make.  He said he hasn't checked his bank account in something like a decade but he did the day after the FedEx cup check came in to see the gigantic deposit of whatever comes in after taxes are taken out of $10 mil. Hell of a life not having to look at a bank account for 10 years.

zac blair (middling pro)’s mom lives next door to me. she says you need to win $1M per year to get by. zac has won $180k so far this year.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:

ponytd said:

zac blair (middling pro)’s mom lives next door to me. she says you need to win $1M per year to get by. zac has won $180k so far this year.
    Get by as in keep your card or because of the travel and all it gets expensive and you need to make that much? Regardless, a deposit of something like $6mil is pretty lovely

im a pretty big fan of Blair. He’s tight  with the no laying up guys. You familiar with the course he’s tying to build in Utah?

Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:

ponytd said:

Get by as in keep your card or because of the travel and all it gets expensive and you need to make that much? Regardless, a deposit of something like $6mil is pretty lovely

im a pretty big fan of Blair. He’s tight  with the no laying up guys. You familiar with the course he’s tying to build in Utah?

I think it’s his dad who is developing a course in southern UT.

I can’t be down with anyone who went to BYU. Zac went from 125 to 126 in the last tournament of last year. I think top 125 gets you something....

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    holy crap! speak of the devil.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    holy crap! speak of the devil.
    First page of the board. He is all about that buck club whether it’s him or is dad building it on twitter. 
    what “first page of the board”?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    Thought you were saying speak of the devil because zb is at the top of the leaderboard 
    Wobbie said:
    Thought you were saying speak of the devil because zb is at the top of the leaderboard 

I was....but you said “first page”.....so I thought you meant THIS board.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    edited July 2018
    Francisco molinari is gonna drink some good Italian wine tonight and so am I. Took him in my one and done pool and gets me in striking range for the season

of Fucking course I pick the smallest purse of the year 
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
    zac zac’d.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    zac yakked.

went from looking at $768k to $50k.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    zac yakked.

went from looking at $768k to $50k.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Thoughts on the Phil-tiger money game? Really hope it’s with their own money, but doubtful, especially given the sponsorship dollars they will get from it.

Will be a side show exhibition but fuck it, my old man used to love the skins game and I don’t see much of a difference, I’m in
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    Thoughts on the Phil-tiger money game? Really hope it’s with their own money, but doubtful, especially given the sponsorship dollars they will get from it.

Will be a side show exhibition but fuck it, my old man used to love the skins game and I don’t see much of a difference, I’m in
    I think it’s awesome. Hope they do it soon. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    gotta gotta gotta be their own money.....like, millions.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16