Options

Jill Stein for President

167891012»

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    my2hands said:
    What's all this Canadian bullshit about? :)
    aboot
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    edited June 2018
    Omg, Team America World Police is so hilarious, hahaha. Just the style of the puppetry alone makes me crack right up.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    my2hands said:
    What's all this Canadian bullshit about? :)
    aboot
    Sorry I forgot, I actually came back just to correct it lol
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,718
    vaggar99 said:
    If he's proven right, I'll be bummed of course.  I thought Stein had some good qualities.  On the other hand, Pakman doesn't really provide any solid evidence of Stein misusing the money.  I would be more open to listening to him if he cold qualify his hunches or make it more obvious they are hunches.  In any case, Stein political career is done, over, finished.  I believe I personally have no choice but to move on. 

I really don't know what it is that makes or not makes what Pakman says to be credible.  That said, if (IF) Pakman is proven to be wrong and winds up being part of the process of killing this woman's political career, then I will have other strongly worded thoughts to add here. 

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    i mostly agree..seems like he's going off a hunch...i can see how it all fits into the current political narrative as well.  i'm guessing we have many #RussianAssets in our country.  some of them might not even know it.  That's where i'm leaning.  I'm guessing the Russians funneled some money into her campaign and she may/may not have known about it.
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826
    vaggar99 said:
    i mostly agree..seems like he's going off a hunch...i can see how it all fits into the current political narrative as well.  i'm guessing we have many #RussianAssets in our country.  some of them might not even know it.  That's where i'm leaning.  I'm guessing the Russians funneled some money into her campaign and she may/may not have known about it.

So, to your point about "some of them might not even know it", you're saying that donations might have been made to sway some races without the candidate being aware of the source, correct? In Stein's case, I would guess that any vote for her was very likely a vote not cast for Clinton, since it's unlikely that anyone would be vacillating between Stein and Trump. Given that Stein never had a chance to win, I can see that making her look better essentially helps the Rs.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf