*** Rome, Italy Fanviews Here 6/26/18 ***

Comments

• TH113769TH113769 Posts: 434
    One of the best I have ever seen. Amazing!
    92 - Phoenix; 93 - Mesa; 95 - Phoenix; 98 - Phoenix; 2000- Phoenix; 2003 - San Diego, Las Vegas, Phoenix; 2006 - Denver 1, Denver 2, Las Vegas, San Diego;  2009 - Chicago 1, Chicago 2, San Diego; 2013 - Phoenix, San Diego, LA 1, LA 2, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle; 2014 - Detroit, Moline, Milwaukee, Denver; 2016 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 and 2; 2018 - Amsterdam 1&2, Pinkpop, London1, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Werchter, Barca, Missoula, Chicago 1&2, Boston 1&2.
  • CB254133CB254133 Posts: 153
    AD161755 said:
    What amazing gig in Rome! Thank you guyz!

PS: Some Italian's Ten Club members are fkn NAZI, probably this is my last year as member. 
    There was a guy that pretended to manage the access to the stadium for all the 10C members... 
    He had a panther tattooed on his back and he shouted and threatened to 10C members that don't wanna stand at his rules (he said that he would slap me). I don't wanna be anymore a member of a group that accept fascists. Many 10C members quited the line due this heavy atmosphere.
    Am so sorry you were treated like this by other members of our fan club and glad it didn't run your whole experience.  
    There is a separate thread under Given To Fly about early entry rules and expected conduct, have a quick look and you will see that this arsehole is within the minority not the majority.  I hope you don't mind but I have copied your post over into that thread for others to see.
  • AD161755AD161755 Posts: 3
    CB254133 said:
    AD161755 said:
    What amazing gig in Rome! Thank you guyz!

PS: Some Italian's Ten Club members are fkn NAZI, probably this is my last year as member. 
    There was a guy that pretended to manage the access to the stadium for all the 10C members... 
    He had a panther tattooed on his back and he shouted and threatened to 10C members that don't wanna stand at his rules (he said that he would slap me). I don't wanna be anymore a member of a group that accept fascists. Many 10C members quited the line due this heavy atmosphere.
    Am so sorry you were treated like this by other members of our fan club and glad it didn't run your whole experience.  
    There is a separate thread under Given To Fly about early entry rules and expected conduct, have a quick look and you will see that this arsehole is within the minority not the majority.  I hope you don't mind but I have copied your post over into that thread for others to see.
    Oh, yes! Absolutely, I know that the majority of the members are good guys and i love them. Anyway I've had a great time in Rome, the crowd was beautiful and the setlist was simply amazing.
  • mayerdmayerd Posts: 62
    Yes! Saw the shooting star as did others around us.
    My wife did as well!! I caught the last glimpse of it crossing the sky. Amazing!! If anyone caught it on video they should post it. It was around 11:11 pm.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    nothing from Binaural or Riot Act again....odd
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    nothing from Binaural or Riot Act again....odd
    PRAGUE IS RIOT ACT TERRITORY
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,705
    Krakow . We already discussed  this
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • WhywhyzedWhywhyzed Posts: 270
    By the looks of it this ought to be an Instant Classic. Saw Black Diamond on youtube, just absolutely amazing stuff.
  • dquisenbdquisenb Posts: 3
    That was one unbelievable show!!  If you wouldn’t have known about Eddie’s voice troubles, you wouldn’t have noticed.  But knowing that, you could tell he tried to give his voice a rest more frequently... but... the result?  We got Stone singing, we got Matt singing, we got blistering extended Mike solos, a good mix of loud and slow songs...  And I’m sure there’s no other singer out there who, after losing his voice, would still pull out the heavy songs and play a 35 song, 3 hour setlist!  It was insane.  Eddie didn’t seem to want to leave the stage at the end...

Thank you Pearl Jam for an awesome show, one that I won’t forget.
    Just a week ago, I posted there was enough talent in the band that Ed could take a vocal break.  Low an behold, they heeded my advice.  Thank you, PJ.  I know you read these posts. : )
  • EraserheadEraserhead Stoke-on-Trent Posts: 2,827
    What an amazing show. One of the best I've ever witnessed.
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • mdaryamdarya The middle Posts: 68
    Just back to US from this show.  What a great night.  Took my brother, who lives in Rome and has only seen PJ once (opening for U2 in the 1990s).  Walked in at 7:30 and were 12 deep from the stage.  What a great crowd, beautiful venue and amazing setlist.  Loved it. Band seemed to really enjoy the crowd.  Ed wouldn't leave the stage at the end.  What a night.
    06 Cincinnati
    10 Columbus, Noblesville
    11 Toronto-1
    13 Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    14 Cincinnati
    16 Lexington, Wrigley 1
    17 EV-Louisville
    18 Rome, Missoula, Wrigley 1, Boston 1
    22 Nasville, STL
    23 Ft Worth 1/2
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited June 2018
    Dear Pearl Jam......... you wrote great songs after 1998, please feel free to play them in Boston :)
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”

• GlorifiedGEEGlorifiedGEE Posts: 169
    mayerd said:
    My wife did as well!! I caught the last glimpse of it crossing the sky. Amazing!! If anyone caught it on video they should post it. It was around 11:11 pm.

We saw it as well during imagine. That’s incredible!  We thought it was just an effect
    2003 - Houston, Dallas, San Antonio | 2006 - Bridge School, Las Vegas, San Fran(x3) | 2008 - EV Santa Cruz, Berkeley, MSG 2
    2010 - Bridge School | 2012 - EV Austin | 2013 - Dallas | 2018 - Rome | 2022 - Oakland Night 1
  • memememe Posts: 4,693
    edited June 2018
    mayerd said:

We saw it as well during imagine. That’s incredible!  We thought it was just an effect
    You guys. I did not see it. But if this really happened that it is the freakiest thing ever. Of course, a shooting star came down last year when Ed played in Florence. During imagine. That one I did see and has been confirmed by dozens of people.

About the show... what a party! I may stay a little partial to Padova, but can't quite articulate why. Certainly the energy of the crowd and the band was extraordinary in Rome. As far as the tightness of the playing, I think Milan and Padova were tighter, but what's a Pearl Jam shows without a couple fuckups? 

Snotty Milanese me, I was really concerned about the crowd beforehand and the possible pushing and shoving. Well, from where I stood, things went better than in Milan and Padova. Not better than in Amsterdam buy you know... they are Dutch, ahah! I was also concerned that we'd be way back, but we ended up as close as in Padova, if not closer. The crowd was mostly lovely, and LOUD!

Highlights for me were Pilate, Unthought Known (I just love, love, love that song, and because I am one of few I was the only one jumping and screaming during it, so that there is a slight chance Ed might have noticed me, ha!). Immortality was also great, as was SOLAT. Comfortably Numb was perfect , and a religious experience. During Black, I also loved watching Jill and Harper dancing on the side of the stage.

I also appreciated the "Open the Harbors" slide at the end of Imagine. I heard a lot about Trump at the shows over he last few days, but we have our own situation here, with a soulless prick as Minister of Interior

That's all. Now on to hoping they'll play Hold On in Boston  :)

Post edited by meme on
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Peasant TentsPeasant Tents UK Posts: 834
    Anyone know what the opener was going to be before it was scrubbed out? I might be being stupid but I just can't work it out!
  • Anyone know what the opener was going to be before it was scrubbed out? I might be being stupid but I just can't work it out!
    Looks like Long Road 
  • MH44377MH44377 Posts: 27
    amazing show. one of the best i have been to. 18th show for me. anyone notice that mike played a shiny new SG on Alive? He's always played the 59 Les Paul on that song. Is he taking the million dollar vintage guitar out of tour circulation? I wouldn't blame him if so. 
  • SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,517
    Look who my brother ran into at Piazza Navona.  Mike actually saw the PJ shirt and came up to them.  What a nice guy, gave them a couple of Guitar pics too.  I had already left Rome the day before.  :(

• lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,705
    Mike is a great man
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • yoyoyoyo France Posts: 310
    debriefing ....

The first word that comes to me is "serenity"!

I found this concert ... a limpidity, a fairness ... a total symbiosis .... can be the most sincere, the most fluid of my 21 concerts ... (Vedder included ( 3)) ... maybe because I already had a magical start to the day with my woman on this day of my 40 years. I also went without a priori, without Wishlist, ... taking this concert as it came ....

Ok, the setlist was not the craziest ... finally pretty best of a bit like all this beginning of tour elsewhere ... (the best in spite of everything I think for now)

but I liked it, even on songs that I would not have believed ... Small Town among others ... that I did not want to intro seen the beginning of the tour ... ouf we had a magnificent version of Release ... may be my favorite song !? ... I will have taken the Long Road too ...

Well, we still had a Black Diamond sung by Matt huge ... and especially a Comfortably Numb beautiful with a huge solo Mike ... may be the best time of the concert ... I liked the Can't Deny Me ... The Imagine orchestrated excellent ... wonderful version of Betterman, a circumstantial Given To Fly, tilting for the first time that the statue was near the Colosseum and many other cool thing ...

Vedder's voice scared me on Do The Evolution, I think ... but false alarm ... he assured!

35 songs !!! ... did not have time to look, but it is in any case the longest of my concerts ... !!! I also bugged the beginning that Black confusing it with Yellow Ledbetter ... believing the end come ... you speak of a fan ...!? : D ... I missed the song a bit for the shot ....:?

Finally the only bad thing was "a TC fan, bracelet in support" who directed us (voluntarily or not?) On a bad way to take the file TC, that, with the difficulty for parking ... we have well to lose 1 hour or 2 ....  in the final we ended up with my little wife, Mike side in the 15th rank, with rather a good view for me, less for my darling

Otherwise, I did not find the Italian audience better than elsewhere, it did not move much, except for Porch and Rearviewmirror ... in a way it helped me, I never was in the pit being also "ready", with little fresh wind and all .... Good for my darling to whom I imposed the pit and who was not pleased with that ...

To summarize, I would say that this concert reminded me all the love I have for this group, because, it's true, there are plenty of things to reproach PJ this last time ... average albums, ignorance of France, the mercantile side ... that would make me almost steal at times .... but damn that it's good live ... and that the 5/6 see 7 first albums are whores of timeless masterpiece engraved in my skin !!!!!

Long live PJ, let's have a tour next year, if we believe Vedder! in France too if possible this time !!!

In my top 5 I think ...!

Best Band in the world, best band in my world ... PJ for life ... Thxx !!!!
    1996-PARIS
    2000-PARIS
    2006-ANVERS-MARSEILLE-PARIS
    2007-LONDRES-NIJMEGEN-WERCHTER
    2008-ED SOLO-LOS ANGELES1-LOS ANGELES2
    2009-LONDRES
    2010-DUBLIN-ARRAS
    2012-AMSTERDAM1-ARRAS-STOCKHOLM-OSLO-COPENHAGUE
    2014-MILAN
    2017-ED SOLO-AMSTERDAM1
    2018-ROME
    2022-PARIS-AMSTERDAM1(Canceled)-AMSTERDAM2
    2024-BERLIN1-BERLIN2-BARCELONE1-BARCELONE2
  • breakmarysfallbreakmarysfall Posts: 363
    edited July 2018

Finally back from Rome I find the time and feel the urgency to say an official Thank you to Pearl Jam! It was such an intense and beautiful concert with so much energy + great great music, so it took me a while to let it set in... and still WOW :)   

So I want to thank the greatest (live) Band of our times for that special night in Rome and also for speaking out for peace, humanity and love <3  

My dear italian friends informed me the days after the great show that the concert‘s messages even reached italian politics and that put a huge smile on our faces!!! So I don‘t understand why fans complain about the political statements spoken. Already many many Pearl Jam songs let sing about it, the members live it and so, of course, they also speak out loud at concerts. And I thank them so much for using the microphone given for a wake up call – and it has become a global call by now!!! That means, a voice, dances and much rock’n roll energy are needed in Europe as well, as we experience similar big changes!!!

So thanks again, Pearl Jam, for so many reasons and for always good vibes live, again and again...

and please, keep on rockin‘ in a free world   :)

Post edited by breakmarysfall on
    there is no way to peace, peace is the way!
    ...the world is come undone, I like to change it everyday but change don't come at once, it's a wave, building before it breaks.
  • raoulduke881raoulduke881 Rome, Italy Posts: 32
    edited July 2018
    I've seen a ton of gigs in my life, and my hometown show was the best i've ever seen in my life.
    A terrific setlist, a damn long concert (i've never attended a 3+ hrs gig until june 26th 2018  =) ). Me and my friend were literally overwhelmed by the emotions. We cried, we laughed, we danced... definitely worthed the wait (2 and more hours in the pit)!
    Too bad i couldn't score a poster, hope they will sell them on the store soon.
    Thanks PJ, see you soon again in Roma!!! 
  • 3 hours and more of pure dream. The best concert of my life
  • I was here as well - capping off a fantastic three shows in Italy. I've waited since 1990 to see the band (life and career always got in the way). This was an amazing 6 days and three shows in Italy. Posters were VERY difficult to come by, as the t-shirts. Got my daughter (first concert ever in Milan) the Milan event T and I picked up the Rome one. Still searching for Padova T, in XL if anyone comes across one. 

Also, if there are any lines on Bandwagon caps (7 3/4), please PM me..., I've been eyeing these for a long time, but always seem to just miss out. 

Thanks to everyone (band, crew and fans) that made the Italian shows such an amazing experience!