The AMT Marijuana Thread

Comments

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739

Speaking of rehab clinics.  Has anyone ever seriously looked into there effectiveness.  My brother was an alcoholic who passed away way to young.  He went to rehab 4 times and was in AA.  None of that helped him.  I spent a few days reading articles about AA and these rehab clinics.  My conclusion after reading these articles ... shady, these rehab places seem shady.  AA seems shady, there is no clear cut data that anyone can produce to prove what AA success rate is (partly because it anonymous), but most rehab clinics use AA's 12 step program and in many places these rehab clinics do not have to disclose their success rate.  If you could prove a high success rate, why would you not disclose that?  They were interesting articles.
    I’m sorry to hear about your brother, meltdown. 

AA resists research by its very nature, which I agree is an issue. However, residential treatment programs should definitely be able to provide outcome data on their clients. Even if they have components of 12 step programming their client base is certainly not anonymous, given their admissions procedures and need for payment. I would suggest anyone be wary of a program that can’t provide robust outcome data, because it suggests they haven’t bothered to see if their practices are helpful and evidence based. 
    thank you.  The rehab he was in went by AA's 12 step program.  He needed a better alternative.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
    i know of at least 1 dispensary that was offering free thc capsules for program approved opioid addicts, to try to get them off that shi t
    600mg per pill
    i bought one just for kicks and had to stay on the couch for awhile....
    gotta be careful with those edibles.  they can be quite scary in high enough doses
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    vaggar99 said:
    i know of at least 1 dispensary that was offering free thc capsules for program approved opioid addicts, to try to get them off that shi t
    600mg per pill
    gotta be careful with those edibles.  they can be quite scary in high enough doses
    And that’s a really high dose. Geared to the medicinal crowd, not recreational, but nothing stops a recreational user from accessing it. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    edited June 2018

600mg per pill
    600mg?? Are you sure of that dose? That’s such a massive amount of THC. Hard to imagine anyone functioning on that. 
    very sure of the dose. at least it said that on the professional looking, tamper proof logo-designed, ziplock package i received. i was doing 333mg pills and 100mg pills also for kicks. all bought from the same dispensary. you can't die from it so i tried it lol. now i mostly do 100-200mgs/dose when i play with that stuff.

but i should be responsible here and say this dosage is NOT for beginners. for example my buddy did two 10mg pills in colorado and had to leave the bar right away to go back to the hotel...
    Post edited by helplessdancer on
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    vaggar99 said:
    600mg per pill
    You do... although it only feels like you're dying when you take too much, lol. That is why so many people who eat too many edibles tend to feel like they need to go to the ER. But they don't. It always passes without doing any actual harm. It's not the same as an OD or alcohol poisoning at all. But yeah, it can be scary at the time, especially since you're too high to have a good handle on the idea that you just have to wait it out.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    PJ_Soul said:
    vaggar99 said:
    600mg per pill
    You do... although it only feels like you're dying when you take too much, lol. That is why so many people who eat too many edibles tend to feel like they need to go to the ER. But they don't. It always passes without doing any actual harm. It's not the same as an OD or alcohol poisoning at all. But yeah, it can be scary at the time, especially since you're too high to have a good handle on the idea that you just have to wait it out.
    well, I guess this post confirms I will never try edibles fucking ever. LOL
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

PJ_Soul said:
    vaggar99 said:
    600mg per pill
    Well, if you ever change your mind, or if anyone you know eats too much, keep this post in mind... When you or they start talking about going to the hospital, talk yourself down or talk them out of it, hahaha. It will just be a big waste of time and resources.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
    PJ_Soul said:
    vaggar99 said:
    600mg per pill
    if you've ever tried LSD, a strong edible is similar.
    edited June 2018
    vaggar99 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    vaggar99 said:
    600mg per pill
    I actually don't find this to quite be true, but I know why you're saying it. The way I've always felt about edibles and mushrooms, as someone who enjoyed a ton of acid back in the day, is that they're both too strong and too mild at the same time. They are way stronger than smoking weed, taking you into the magic mushroom zone. But they're still "weaker" than LSD in the psychedelic experience context. And for me, that puts edibles and shrooms right in "the awkward zone", lol. Assuming you're taking a dose that will provide you with hours of fun, haha, you're too high to have a really good grasp on things, but not high enough to seriously ride the trip without worrying where it's going. Plus, the body high with edibles combined with the head high just doesn't feel very good IMHO. But that's just me. Everyone's different. Plenty of people obviously like edibles, and I would never suggest to anyone that they not try them at least once to see how it works for them. Since they're not going to harm you at the end of the day, why not give a shot? I think one bad trip is well worth trying something you might really enjoy. And FWIW, even though I just said all that, it's still interesting enough for me to know that I'll for sure do edibles again in the future. I'd say it comes up every few years or so, and I'm always willing to indulge, so it's obviously not all bad.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    edited June 2018
    vaggar99 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    vaggar99 said:
    600mg per pill
    I never did. was always shit scared of it. even if all my friends were doing it, I said "nope, no thanks". the one time I didn't cave to peer pressure. 

I loved mushrooms, but never wanted anything stronger than that. tried coke once, but did nothing for me. unfortunately, my ex loved it. turned her into a coke head for a while. then she started banging a guy who owned a bowling alley who supplied her with it. then had a lesbian experience ON THE ALLEY in front of me and everyone else there with a lady friend of his. when I turned around to see who was there, the bowling alley owner was sitting there with nothing but his shirt on. 

but that's a story for another time. 
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

vaggar99 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    vaggar99 said:
    600mg per pill
    I never did. was always shit scared of it. even if all my friends were doing it, I said "nope, no thanks". the one time I didn't cave to peer pressure. 
    Oh man, I loved acid. Although I will admit that I was a bit of an extraordinary case, in that I never had any bad trips at all, while everyone else I knew did have them at least on occasion. But I always found that bad trips are essentially the result of people forgetting that they're high and that they'll come down soon enough. I think all bad trips have the basic foundation of "OH MY GOD, I'M ACTUALLY GOING INSANE. And I'm never going to be okay." If you can just manage to remember that you're high and not going mental, it's all fun, lol! But most people aren't all that good at doing that on good acid. I just happen to be, but don't know why.
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited June 2018
    vaggar99 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    vaggar99 said:
    600mg per pill
    It is nowhere near similar my friend. Not even close
    Post edited by my2hands on
    edited June 2018
    vaggar99 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    vaggar99 said:
    600mg per pill

I loved mushrooms, but never wanted anything stronger than that. tried coke once, but did nothing for me. unfortunately, my ex loved it. turned her into a coke head for a while. then she started banging a guy who owned a bowling alley who supplied her with it. then had a lesbian experience ON THE ALLEY in front of me and everyone else there with a lady friend of his. when I turned around to see who was there, the bowling alley owner was sitting there with nothing but his shirt on. 

I have only done it maybe 6 or 7 times in my life at most (and will likely do it some more, once in a blue moon or whenever a coke-doing friend happens to pull it out, which very, very rarely happens), but I absolutely love coke. It's certainly not a trip out kind of high at all ... it's something... different. I actually find the coke high very hard to describe, but it feels great as far as I'm concerned. It makes you feel like you're awesome and everyone else is awesome and like life is a great time and you're on top of the world, basically.... even when you're having a gang bang in a bowling alley, lol. I kind of understand how people get addicted to it, because the crash is quite long and unpleasant, but not horrendous enough for you to feel like you're totally out of commission - another couple lines of coke will perk you right up and you're good to go! It also works very well for drunks who don't want to seem as drunk or hungover. It's a slippery slope for sure. I imagine that if one tries such tactics several times on a continuous basis, addiction probably takes hold pretty damn easily (keeping in mind that the vast majority of coke users use it on a purely recreational basis and never become addicts).
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    vaggar99 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    vaggar99 said:
    600mg per pill

I bet that's quite the story.  I'd love to have a drink or toke with you and hear that one.  Just curious, how was coke?  I've only done Cannabis and Acid...loved acid.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    my2hands said:
    vaggar99 said:
    +1
    not even in the same league!
    vaggar99 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    vaggar99 said:
    600mg per pill

I bet that's quite the story.  I'd love to have a drink or toke with you and hear that one.  Just curious, how was coke?  I've only done Cannabis and Acid...loved acid.
    did nothing for me. except I woke up the next morning with a nose full of blood and couldn't move for 8 hours. literally woke up at around 9am and didn't get out of bed until about 4. never did it again. never will. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

vaggar99 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    vaggar99 said:
    600mg per pill

did nothing for me. except I woke up the next morning with a nose full of blood and couldn't move for 8 hours. literally woke up at around 9am and didn't get out of bed until about 4. never did it again. never will. 
    That's one of the side effects of coke ... nose bleeds.  I worked with a guy who was getting chronic nosebleeds, and the doctors kept telling him to lay off the coke ... he never used coke and they did isolate the cause of his nosebleeds.  It's no fun being not being able to function when high.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    vaggar99 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    vaggar99 said:
    600mg per pill

That's one of the side effects of coke ... nose bleeds.  I worked with a guy who was getting chronic nosebleeds, and the doctors kept telling him to lay off the coke ... he never used coke and they did isolate the cause of his nosebleeds.  It's no fun being not being able to function when high.
    I wondered if my buddy gave me some shitty stuff, because doing 4 lines on your first time, I would assume, would have a significant effect. My g/f told me she loved it, so no idea why it didn't affect me one bit. I wasn't that drunk either. and he gave us a sizable discount on our first gram, and the next one would be regular price. if he was trying to bring me in, i would imagine he would have given me some decent stuff. 

either way, I'm glad that way it turned out. I have a very addictive personality, so if I had liked it, that could have been the end of me. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    my2hands said:
    vaggar99 said:
    +1

not even the same galaxy lol
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    vaggar99 said:
    +1

No. Closer to shrooms IMO, if you have to compare it to another drug.
    Legaliization is a little fucked up in Ontario.  Let hear from those Canadians and Americans from other province/states at how legalization is working/or going to be working once legal in your region?  
    Give Peas A Chance…
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    vaggar99 said:
    +1

Never had shrooms myself.  I'm curious.  Just don't know if I'm that curious.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    vaggar99 said:
    +1

amazing. haven't done them in about 15 years as we were camping and an outside force kind of made me have a bad trip, but every other single time was awesome. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    vaggar99 said:
    +1

amazing. haven't done them in about 15 years as we were camping and an outside force kind of made me have a bad trip, but every other single time was awesome. 
    Whats the taste like.  I'm Avery fussy eater...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Also I would have no clue where to get them ... lol.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Legaliization is a little fucked up in Ontario.  Let hear from those Canadians and Americans from other province/states at how legalization is working/or going to be working once legal in your region?  
    No complaints from me in BC so far. But we've yet to see how current dispensaries will be handled in the licensing process, and how that will tie in to medical sales - it sounds like medical dispensaries will be kept separate from recreational sales, but it's not too clear yet. Until I find that out, along with how the cops on the street will actually handle things once legalization happens, I don't have all that much to say or to complain about. I'm okay with all the other decisions that have been made. I think that they are all quite reasonable. Fine age limit, fine possession limit, fine rules about growing at home, and the producers are already well ahead of the game, with little to no controversy. The public use rules make sense considering the rules about smoking cigarettes (basically the exact same restrictions, plus a couple caveats relating to where children gather). I expected it to go well here (from my own perspective), and I think that is so far. I do not think that when it comes to Ontario of course. Not allowing the private sector to participate is stunningly stupid and shortsighted, and altogether illogical. It's the one thing I figure maybe Doug Ford can really do some good for - I know he thinks that's an idiotic decision as well.
    PJ_Soul said:
    No complaints from me in BC so far. But we've yet to see how current dispensaries will be handled in the licensing process, and how that will tie in to medical sales - it sounds like medical dispensaries will be kept separate from recreational sales, but it's not too clear yet. Until I find that out, along with how the cops on the street will actually handle things once legalization happens, I don't have all that much to say or to complain about. I'm okay with all the other decisions that have been made. I think that they are all quite reasonable. Fine age limit, fine possession limit, fine rules about growing at home, and the producers are already well ahead of the game, with little to no controversy. The public use rules make sense considering the rules about smoking cigarettes (basically the exact same restrictions, plus a couple caveats relating to where children gather). I expected it to go well here (from my own perspective), and I think that is so far. I do not think that when it comes to Ontario of course. Not allowing the private sector to participate is stunningly stupid and shortsighted, and altogether illogical. It's the one thing I figure maybe Doug Ford can really do some good for - I know he thinks that's an idiotic decision as well.
    I also think BC has been at the for front of legalization in the private sector.  That's great that you are happy.  In the end I'm fine either way here in Ontario.  I like my medicinal supplier ... so that's what maters the most.  But if Ford puts Cannabis in the liquor stores there should be no problems ... the staff are great, the stores are plenty big enough to accommodate cannabis.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    edited June 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    I also think BC has been at the for front of legalization in the private sector.  That's great that you are happy.  In the end I'm fine either way here in Ontario.  I like my medicinal supplier ... so that's what maters the most.  But if Ford puts Cannabis in the liquor stores there should be no problems ... the staff are great, the stores are plenty big enough to accommodate cannabis.
    I actually think putting it into the liquor stores is a HORRIBLE idea. This is brand new industry that can really provide huge benefits to people in terms of jobs and everything... but not if Ontario just hands it to liquor stores and pretty much gets existing employees to deal with it - I doubt that would lead to very much new job creation at all. It's also a terrible idea because liquor store imployees don't know squat about weed. There should be dedicated pot shops where the employees actually know what they're talking about and have a specific interest and knowledge in that specific product.
    Doing all private sales through liquor stores is just the lazy man's solution.
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    vaggar99 said:
    +1

kinda gross, but a necessary evil. people do things to mitigate that. I never did. I just closed my eyes and chewed. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    vaggar99 said:
    +1

kinda gross, but a necessary evil. people do things to mitigate that. I never did. I just closed my eyes and chewed. 
    They are horrible. I can't do what you do - I literally vomit. I've found the best way is to completely mask it by grinding them up and putting them into melted chocolate (cooled - don't cook the shrooms), and letting them solidify. That's just a yummy treat. The second best way is probably to sandwich them between Harvest Cheddar SunChips, lol, and scarf that down as quickly as possible.