Options

2018 Euro Merch

Comments

• Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    It really comes down to being cool to your fellow fan/community member 

im all for selling used products on Lost Dogs for the going rate but taking away the opportunity for fans in line to buy their $35 poster so you can flip it for 10x the amount is pretty rotten.  Maybe there’s too fine of a line in that statement but i dont think so.  
  • Options
    The best revenge is to live on and prove yourself - EV

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,745

im all for selling used products on Lost Dogs for the going rate but taking away the opportunity for fans in line to buy their $35 poster so you can flip it for 10x the amount is pretty rotten.  Maybe there’s too fine of a line in that statement but i dont think so.  
    No fine line at all. Make it 1 per person and we are good. No more room to trade or flip your extra. No multiples at all. I think 10 club thinks if they do this the not so hot prints are going to sell even worse then they would with a 2 poster limit. They should try it out for the 2019 tour and see how it works imo. 
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,355
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,739
    PJNB said:

No fine line at all. Make it 1 per person and we are good. No more room to trade or flip your extra. No multiples at all. I think 10 club thinks if they do this the not so hot prints are going to sell even worse then they would with a 2 poster limit. They should try it out for the 2019 tour and see how it works imo. 
    The problem is the folks behind the Pearl Jam merch tables. The company hiring these workers are not smart at all. No good training. You wave cash in front of their faces & they won't remember what the merch limit rules are. They need to teach them a lesson on selling merchandise to customers .. with guidelines & rules. Where if one see's someone giving a customer more then the limit of items they should stop that sale right away. But nope. They let it go cause nobody cares. They put up those merch limit signs as a joke.
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,892
    1PJNB said:

Agree
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,628

Agreed.. we're a community and should have standards.  It's why it's taboo to scalp tickets. I've never thought of us as a market. 
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    I really don't think those are posters in that picture.  Unless that dude can find a bunch of people who are ok with 3-4" badly bent corners.

that's true, but whatever he's up to in that picture just doesn't sit right.  
    No arguments there.  30 of anything is 29 too damn much for one person!
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,764
    Quote from Mr Zoltron: 
    CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR NEW POSTER!

You bought it and now it’s yours to do with what you like.

But remember. If you buy art and immediately
    sell it to the highest bidder, strictly for your 
    own financial gain... You are a flipper.

And no one likes a flipper.

Flippers are the bottom feeders of the poster world.
    And bottom feeding flippers only have 2 friends... 
    The leech and the lamprey, both of whom are known 
    as the opportunistic parasites of the animal kingdom.

So don’t be an opportunistic parasite.
    And don’t be a flipper.

Instead, be an awesome lil’ skipper!
    And hang some art on your wall.

Who knows? The joy of appreciating a cool print, 
    may well be as rewarding as your insatiable desire 
    to make a quick profit off of someone else's hard work. 

• Options
    bobby dazzlersbobby dazzlers Posts: 1,992
    PJNB said:

the 2019 tour?!?  
    what do you know?! what have you heard?! 
    ;)
    It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,745
    PJNB said:

the 2019 tour?!?  
    what do you know?! what have you heard?! 
    ;)
    Hawaii !!!
  • Options
    js261067js261067 Posts: 125
    Again again again. Let us order a poster for collection when we buy our tickets. Then let people buy as many as they want on the day because those that want one regardless, get one. It’s not hard. I booked tickets to a gig the other day and was offered to buy the artists new album. How hard can it be?

also, stop the poster reveals before the gig. The only reason they sell out is because scalpers watch the channels and get a feel for desirability.  Adds some  mystery as well 

I’m going to London 2.5 and am already anxious about the poster situation. I’ve got posters for every PJ I’ve been to except Hammersmith last year and it simply isn’t ‘fair’ that having to go to work that day could cost me the opportunity to own a momento of the day. We got lucky at London 1, partly I expect because it wasn’t a ‘must have’ print but still stood in the queue panicking that they’d all gone. 
  • Options
    Air23Air23 Roma Posts: 1,351
    edited June 2018
    Post deleted See the Posting Guidelines

Post edited by Sea on
  • Options
    jcmitchell28jcmitchell28 Fort Worth Posts: 212
    The Emek is excllent as an art print.  Would love to have one without "Pearl Jam" on it.  As a show/gig poster, it doesn't work for me.  None of these do. Milan is the closest.
    They were selling the Milan print in Rome. Even had it still up after the show. It should be available through 10c soon. 
  • Options
    crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,418
    edited June 2018
    Post edited by Sea on
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,189
    edited June 2018
    Post edited by Sea on

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    ZAPPERZAPPER Posts: 246
    edited June 2018
    js261067 said:
    Again again again. Let us order a poster for collection when we buy our tickets. Then let people buy as many as they want on the day because those that want one regardless, get one. It’s not hard. I booked tickets to a gig the other day and was offered to buy the artists new album. How hard can it be?

also, stop the poster reveals before the gig. The only reason they sell out is because scalpers watch the channels and get a feel for desirability.  Adds some  mystery as well 

I’m going to London 2.5 and am already anxious about the poster situation. I’ve got posters for every PJ I’ve been to except Hammersmith last year and it simply isn’t ‘fair’ that having to go to work that day could cost me the opportunity to own a momento of the day. We got lucky at London 1, partly I expect because it wasn’t a ‘must have’ print but still stood in the queue panicking that they’d all gone. 
    I enjoy the “surprise” part the most, even if it turns out to be a poster no one else wants. The best part for me is seeing the poster for the first time when i walk through those doors. And if its sold out before i get to the merch booth, no big deal, ill be upset for about 5 minutes, have a beer, and then enjoy the show. 
    Post edited by ZAPPER on
    Previously known as Elzar
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,154
    MayDay10 said:
    Wait for the "raffles" if you think Ebay is greedy

standing ovation right there
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    my2hands said:
    That poster is awesome 
    I think it's awesome too. It's not waiting in line for longer than 15 minutes awesome, because no poster is that awesome, lol ... But awesome. I'm surprised to see so many people say it's not great or that it will look weird framed.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    LN241653 said:
    Someone(supposedly a pj fan) on eBay has this poster on for £500 smackers, this is just crazy, please no one buy it, he also has a football top on for £400, all we can do as a group is out them and don’t buy anything.

SAY NO TO FLIPPERS
    You are totally right, but unfortunately that's a futile request. While some won't provide income to these people (I sure won't), there is no way in hell that these fucking flippers aren't going to find plenty of fans who don't give a shit about anything besides getting what they want.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    just_one said:

Man, I would feel like an absolute tool standing there in line with 30+ posters.

Are those pennants or posters?
    I certainly hope so, because that's no way to handle posters.
  • Options
    js261067 said:

That's a good point.
  • Options
    JDime20JDime20 Posts: 192
    Am I the only one disappointed that the stickers just follow a template and aren’t unique?
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    PJ_Soul said:
    js261067 said:

That's a good point.
    10C feeds the hype beast by doing this.. all their merch sells out. They’ve got a great thing going, I don’t see them changing anything.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    The Emek is excllent as an art print.  Would love to have one without "Pearl Jam" on it.  As a show/gig poster, it doesn't work for me.  None of these do. Milan is the closest.
    They were selling the Milan print in Rome. Even had it still up after the show. It should be available through 10c soon. 
    Oh I'm not after one.  Just commenting on personal taste.  To me, the Milan is the most "show poster" out of them all.  It reminds me the most of the era when posters were created to be slapped on walls, windows, and lampposts around the city to advertise the upcoming shows.  

The art on these other posters is fantastic - don't get me wrong - they just don't seem like show/gig posters to me anymore. They're too creative, too detailed, too colorful.  They're art illustrations with words slapped on them.  The band names and dates and places seem so out of place on the prints. But I guess that's the direction the industry has evolved.
    Post edited by HesCalledDyer on
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    LN241653 said:
    Someone(supposedly a pj fan) on eBay has this poster on for £500 smackers, this is just crazy, please no one buy it, he also has a football top on for £400, all we can do as a group is out them and don’t buy anything.

SAY NO TO FLIPPERS
    You are totally right, but unfortunately that's a futile request. While some won't provide income to these people (I sure won't), there is no way in hell that these fucking flippers aren't going to find plenty of fans who don't give a shit about anything besides getting what they want.
    And who have the expendable cash to get it.
  • Options
    jcmitchell28jcmitchell28 Fort Worth Posts: 212
    Oh I'm not after one.  Just commenting on personal taste.  To me, the Milan is the most "show poster" out of them all.  It reminds me the most of the era when posters were created to be slapped on walls, windows, and lampposts around the city to advertise the upcoming shows.  

The art on these other posters is fantastic - don't get me wrong - they just don't seem like show/gig posters to me anymore. They're too creative, too detailed, too colorful.  They're art illustrations with words slapped on them.  The band names and dates and places seem so out of place on the prints. But I guess that's the direction the industry has evolved.
    I agree. They seem to lack a little grit and edge these days. 
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,493
    demetrios said:
    PJNB said:

The problem is the folks behind the Pearl Jam merch tables. The company hiring these workers are not smart at all. No good training. You wave cash in front of their faces & they won't remember what the merch limit rules are. They need to teach them a lesson on selling merchandise to customers .. with guidelines & rules. Where if one see's someone giving a customer more then the limit of items they should stop that sale right away. But nope. They let it go cause nobody cares. They put up those merch limit signs as a joke.
    Exactly Demetrios..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,698
    Really not a fan of the waffles, in fact i think they suck, but its hard to knock people for doing it when you see the demand and the stampede to take part. Its insane, and dumb imo, but its only getting more popular. 

The flipping aspect of the merch is absolutely no different now to how it was in 2008 and 2010 and 2012 etc, its always been there and the whole concept of limited appeal and the hype machine keeps the goods in demand. People see the flipping opportunity, they take it and that fuels the next cycle. 

I would be surprised if the band moved to stop this, as the whole demand and insanity around buying this stuff is what makes Pearl Jam stuff so collectible and popular.