The Idiot Thread

Comments

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    I thought i read on her twitter that it was a sociological experiment and that she was proven right. I'm not sure what she was trying to prove, or if that was just her knee jerk reaction to being publicly flamed, or if it was a parody/fake account that wrote that. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    I thought i read on her twitter that it was a sociological experiment and that she was proven right. I'm not sure what she was trying to prove, or if that was just her knee jerk reaction to being publicly flamed, or if it was a parody/fake account that wrote that. 
    I saw her interview the next day, and there was absolutely no mention of a "sociological experiment". So IF she actually said that, she's a liar. Anyway, it's amazing how people can ruin their lives like this. I wonder if anyone is actually taking note and making alternate, more reasonable decisions about their actions with this in mind?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    I saw her interview the next day, and there was absolutely no mention of a "sociological experiment". So IF she actually said that, she's a liar. Anyway, it's amazing how people can ruin their lives like this. I wonder if anyone is actually taking note and making alternate, more reasonable decisions about their actions with this in mind?
    k, it must have been a fake account attempting damage control. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

PJ_Soul said:
    Or it could have been her back peddling, who knows? Some people will say just about anything when they're in panic mode.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Or it could have been her back peddling, who knows? Some people will say just about anything when they're in panic mode.
    it didn't seem to be her primary account though. it had some weird name to it. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• "My brain's a good brain!"
    edited June 2018
    Lmao. This has been all over the local news in Vancouver. Everyone's really enjoying it. :lol:
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Give Peas A Chance…

• I love her screech!

"Aaghh!" Followed by the butt plop and rescue by (for not telling her to wise up) another idiot.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    edited July 2018
    Who's the bigger idiot: the company thinking this was a good idea or the parents sitting in line for an hours to save a few bucks?
    https://www.yahoo.com/gma/build-bear-closes-lines-nationwide-over-safety-concerns-224404545--abc-news-topstories.html
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    mcgruff10 said:
    Who's the bigger idiot: the company thinking this was a good idea or the parents sitting in line for an hours to save a few bucks?
    https://www.yahoo.com/gma/build-bear-closes-lines-nationwide-over-safety-concerns-224404545--abc-news-topstories.html
    Lets' be fair here, it's obviously the customers.  I don't think Build a Bear would think people would act like that to save $20.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    mcgruff10 said:
    parents, by far
    pjhawks said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    parents, by far
    Agreed. I read some people waited 8 hours.  Idiots 
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    You know an idiot is involved when the story starts with "Florida Man".....

• You know an idiot is involved when the story starts with "Florida Man".....

Dear

Freaking

Gawd

(I love your Florida Intro lol)
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    You know an idiot is involved when the story starts with "Florida Man".....

Lol, I guarantee that crazy fuck thinks the world is against him and cannot fathom why he “never could get a good job”.

A Plane Plunged 20,000 Feet Because Its Co-pilot Was Allegedly Vaping in the Cockpit

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/plane-plunged-20-000-feet-160118851.html
    better article:

An Air China pilot accidentally cut off oxygen to its passengers while trying to hide his vaping from his boss

An Air China pilot accidentally cut off oxygen to its passengers while trying to hide his vaping from his boss

Business Insider
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  

Air China Boeing 737 800Flickr/byeangel

• Air China Flight CA106 lost more than 20,000 feet of altitude within a matter of minutes on Tuesday. 
    • According to Chinese aviation regulators, the loss of altitude was caused by an emergency descent resulting from insufficient oxygen in the cabin.
    • Investigators say the low oxygen levels were caused by one of the pilots who accidentally turned off the plane's air conditioning to hid the fact that he'd been smoking an e-cigarette.

A vaping pilot on board an Air China Boeing 737 is believed to have caused his plane to make an emergency descent in search of breathable air on Tuesday.

The BBC, citing Chinese investigators, reported that the first officer of Air China Flight CA106 accidentally shut off the plane's air conditioning system — causing insufficient oxygen levels in the cabin.

Flight CA106 took off from Hong Kong Tuesday evening at 7:10 pm local time bound for the city of Dalian in northeastern China. Data from flight-tracking website FlightAware.com shows the Air China jet heading northeast at 35,000 feet when it began to descend at around 7:39 pm.

Within a matter of 18 minutes, the plane was down to just 12,300 feet.

An investigation into the incident by the Civil Aviation Administration of China discovered that the first officer was trying to hide the fact that he had been smoking an e-cigarette in the cockpit from the flight's captain, the BBC reported.

Instead of turning off a fan to prevent the vapors from reaching the passenger cabin, he turned off the passengers' air conditioning. 

In reaction to an alarm triggered by the air conditioning shut off, the flight crew dropped the plane's emergency oxygen masks and initiated a descent to a lower altitude with breathable air.

The crew returned to normal cruising altitude once it was discovered that the air conditioning was, in fact, turned off. 

The flight landed safely in Dalian at 10:29 pm. 

According to the Telegraph, Air China said it has a "zero tolerance" policy for such behavior.

The use of e-cigarettes in the cockpit is not allowed under Chinese aviation regulations. 

The investigation into Flight CA106 is ongoing. It's unclear what type of punishment the offending pilot will face. 

mcgruff10 said:
    Lets' be fair here, it's obviously the customers.  I don't think Build a Bear would think people would act like that to save $20.
    Agreed. Build a Bear had a nice idea. These moronic parents/grubbers are the ones who ruined it all - they are an embarrassment to society. It's not the company's fault at all. This idiocy happened in my city too.
  • mcgruff10 said:
    better article:

Business Insider
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  

• Air China Flight CA106 lost more than 20,000 feet of altitude within a matter of minutes on Tuesday. 
    • According to Chinese aviation regulators, the loss of altitude was caused by an emergency descent resulting from insufficient oxygen in the cabin.
    • Investigators say the low oxygen levels were caused by one of the pilots who accidentally turned off the plane's air conditioning to hid the fact that he'd been smoking an e-cigarette.

A vaping pilot on board an Air China Boeing 737 is believed to have caused his plane to make an emergency descent in search of breathable air on Tuesday.

The BBC, citing Chinese investigators, reported that the first officer of Air China Flight CA106 accidentally shut off the plane's air conditioning system — causing insufficient oxygen levels in the cabin.

Flight CA106 took off from Hong Kong Tuesday evening at 7:10 pm local time bound for the city of Dalian in northeastern China. Data from flight-tracking website FlightAware.com shows the Air China jet heading northeast at 35,000 feet when it began to descend at around 7:39 pm.

An investigation into the incident by the Civil Aviation Administration of China discovered that the first officer was trying to hide the fact that he had been smoking an e-cigarette in the cockpit from the flight's captain, the BBC reported.

Instead of turning off a fan to prevent the vapors from reaching the passenger cabin, he turned off the passengers' air conditioning. 

In reaction to an alarm triggered by the air conditioning shut off, the flight crew dropped the plane's emergency oxygen masks and initiated a descent to a lower altitude with breathable air.

The crew returned to normal cruising altitude once it was discovered that the air conditioning was, in fact, turned off. 

According to the Telegraph, Air China said it has a "zero tolerance" policy for such behavior.

The use of e-cigarettes in the cockpit is not allowed under Chinese aviation regulations. 

The investigation into Flight CA106 is ongoing. It's unclear what type of punishment the offending pilot will face. 

As a passenger... I'd want to kill him.

F**king idiot.
    mcgruff10 said:
    better article:

Business Insider
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  

F**king idiot.
    I definitely would have wanted reimbursiment from the airline for a new pair of underwear. 
  • mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    better article:

Business Insider
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  

F**king idiot.
    I definitely would have wanted reimbursiment from the airline for a new pair of underwear. 

Lol

The old tighty whities wouldn't be looking so fantastic after that event!
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    better article:

Business Insider
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  

F**king idiot.

Lol

The old tighty whities wouldn't be looking so fantastic after that event!
    Oh hell no.  Once those oxygen masks come down it is over.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    Vaping is for idiots
  • LongestRoadLongestRoad Posts: 477
    mcgruff10 said:
    It's not a few bucks. If you let your kids pick whatever they want, it ends up costing an average of about $75 bucks give or take. It's worthit for a once in a lifetime keepsake for a kid and for people who can't normally even afford to think about taking their kid to get one, it was well worth standing in line for. They should have noted to the first 100 or whatever in line for the ad. The right thing to have done was to take the names of everyone that stood in line waiting when they finally decided to shut it down to honor it since they advertised it and so many people waited. It's false advertisement if it wasn't honored. 
    edited July 2018
    mcgruff10 said:
    It's not a few bucks. If you let your kids pick whatever they want, it ends up costing an average of about $75 bucks give or take. It's worthit for a once in a lifetime keepsake for a kid and for people who can't normally even afford to think about taking their kid to get one, it was well worth standing in line for. They should have noted to the first 100 or whatever in line for the ad. The right thing to have done was to take the names of everyone that stood in line waiting when they finally decided to shut it down to honor it since they advertised it and so many people waited. It's false advertisement if it wasn't honored. 
    $20, $75... I don't see the difference. How is $75 worth that?? And the way they were behaving, causing safety issues! Bunch of idiots! How about they spend $10 at the craft store and help their kid make a fun keepsake at home instead of forcing their kids to stand in line all day with a bunch of stupid angry cheap people? I think parents falling into the trap of branding like this does a disservice to their children in the long run. It's just like those parents who used to get in fist fights over those hideous Cabbage Patch Kids at K-Mart.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on