The Craft Beer Thread....

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Bell's just started out east? Oh man! if you're an IPA guy, you're going to start drinking a whole lot of Two Hearted.

Just try not to gain weight like me. :angry:
    Two Hearted is such a solid go to beer.  It really is underrated.

Hands down the most consistent beer out there.
    I'm going to +1 the both of you on this. I know that Chris (Tempo) and this Chris (darwinstheory) have different views on awesome beer, but we both agree on 2 hearted being fire! Then I have another friend who scoffs at all the APA and IPA's I have him try. But when we go to a place that has it, he's solid with the 2 hearted. I'm a firm lover of Zombie Dust, but admittedly, especially over the last 8 months or so, it is hit or miss. Sometimes it's quite literally the best thing in the world. Other times, it tastes like swamp ass. 2 hearted is always good to go and tastes the same kind of good every time.

My $.02 anyhow...
    And this Chris (Jearlpam0925) agrees with you as well.
    Wobbie said:
    Who got a kegerator for his birthday?

....THIS GUY!

Kicking things off with Troegs First Cut tonight. Nice spring/summer  IPA

Cheers, gents 

best gift ever altho I just mooch of my BIL’s and SIL’s.
    Yeah, it's a thing of beauty, I'll tell you that much. 

Regarding the Bells talk.....my BIL is in the process of making a clone of Two Hearted AS WE SPEAK. 
    Word. Pretty sure Bells sells a whole recipe/hops package for people to buy on their site. I know this because about a month ago I bought their Two Hearted Ale hat. So.....yeah, I'd say I'm a fan. A couple friends have already approached me with almost an intervention-type vibe about the hat because they want to know when I became the redneck fishing/hunter apparel kinda guy. But then they look closer and smile.
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    Bell's just started out east? Oh man! if you're an IPA guy, you're going to start drinking a whole lot of Two Hearted.

Just try not to gain weight like me. :angry:
    Two Hearted is such a solid go to beer.  It really is underrated.

Hands down the most consistent beer out there.
    I'm going to +1 the both of you on this. I know that Chris (Tempo) and this Chris (darwinstheory) have different views on awesome beer, but we both agree on 2 hearted being fire! Then I have another friend who scoffs at all the APA and IPA's I have him try. But when we go to a place that has it, he's solid with the 2 hearted. I'm a firm lover of Zombie Dust, but admittedly, especially over the last 8 months or so, it is hit or miss. Sometimes it's quite literally the best thing in the world. Other times, it tastes like swamp ass. 2 hearted is always good to go and tastes the same kind of good every time.

My $.02 anyhow...
    And this Chris (Jearlpam0925) agrees with you as well.
    I think this is officially a trend.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,483
    I don't like it that much.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
    Malroth said:
    The trend? Two Hearted? Both?
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Two Hearted is a pretty good beer, but let's not act like it's one of the best IPAs out there.  I guess I'm turning into a beer snob, but I'd much rather drink a local, fresh IPA.  Two Hearted is one of those beers where if I'm at a bar/restaurant that doesn't have a great beer selection, I'll gladly knock down a few of those.
    Two Hearted is a pretty good beer, but let's not act like it's one of the best IPAs out there.  I guess I'm turning into a beer snob, but I'd much rather drink a local, fresh IPA.  Two Hearted is one of those beers where if I'm at a bar/restaurant that doesn't have a great beer selection, I'll gladly knock down a few of those.
    Yeah, I think this is the point I was getting at - I can rely on it; of course, I'm going to venture out but I know where to turn for a trust fall na'mean?
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Wobbie said:
    Who got a kegerator for his birthday?

....THIS GUY!

Kicking things off with Troegs First Cut tonight. Nice spring/summer  IPA

Cheers, gents 

best gift ever altho I just mooch of my BIL’s and SIL’s.
    Yeah, it's a thing of beauty, I'll tell you that much. 

Regarding the Bells talk.....my BIL is in the process of making a clone of Two Hearted AS WE SPEAK. 
    Word. Pretty sure Bells sells a whole recipe/hops package for people to buy on their site. I know this because about a month ago I bought their Two Hearted Ale hat. So.....yeah, I'd say I'm a fan. A couple friends have already approached me with almost an intervention-type vibe about the hat because they want to know when I became the redneck fishing/hunter apparel kinda guy. But then they look closer and smile.

Well at least it's not a Budweiser hat...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,483
    Malroth said:
    Both. I cannot stand it when someone likes a beer I don't :wink:
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    two hearted is from chicago?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    Malroth said:
    Malroth said:
    Seriously. An opinion that is wrong is the fucking worst.

mcgruff10 said:
    Michigan.
    Malroth said:
    Malroth said:

mcgruff10 said:
    Michigan.
    Greenbush brewery in sawyer was one of the best beers I have ever had.  
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    mcgruff10 said:
    Malroth said:
    Malroth said:

mcgruff10 said:
    Michigan.
    Greenbush brewery in sawyer was one of the best beers I have ever had.  
    That was Saturday's dinner and beverage stop for me. The brisket was money and the Star Chicken Shotgun IPA hit the friggin' spot. It was a much needed evening!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,894
    Bells just made their way into Portland, ME yesterday.  Didn't get a chance to get out and grab some, but looking forward to trying it today/tomorrow.  Heard great things about Two Hearted.  I'm more of a juice bomb/NEIPA guy, which Two Hearted is certainly not. But I had a couple friends say it was very good.

I've heard it's fairly priced as well.  Maybe it'll replace Sierra Nevada Pale Ale as my go to/cheaper option when nothing else is getting my attention.  
    I'm surprised Bell's/Two Hearted are just getting to other parts of the east coast/northeast. We've had it in Philly for at least ~7-10 years and I just assumed it was widely distributed.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Bells just made their way into Portland, ME yesterday.  Didn't get a chance to get out and grab some, but looking forward to trying it today/tomorrow.  Heard great things about Two Hearted.  I'm more of a juice bomb/NEIPA guy, which Two Hearted is certainly not. But I had a couple friends say it was very good.

I've heard it's fairly priced as well.  Maybe it'll replace Sierra Nevada Pale Ale as my go to/cheaper option when nothing else is getting my attention.  

I'm with you here.  This hazy IPA craze is awesome.  I've got a brewery right near me called Mikerphone Brewing that makes some great hazy stuff....can't get enough of it.
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,894

I'm with you here.  This hazy IPA craze is awesome.  I've got a brewery right near me called Mikerphone Brewing that makes some great hazy stuff....can't get enough of it.
    I feel like they get a bad rap sometimes.  But they are so tasty.  Don't get me wrong, I'll definitely enjoy the regular, west coast style IPA's as well, but if I get to choose, I'm taking the hazy stuff.  A lot of the breweries here in Portland make some really good ones.  Oh-J from Lone Pine brewing legit looks like a glass of orange juice when it's poured.  8% too, so you only need a couple of them. 

I had a "Who'd Like to Hold my Clipboard" from Hoof Hearted last week.  It's a double IPA that tasted like a damn milkshake.  You can taste the vanilla.  So good.   
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926

I agree with this too. Definitely digging the hazy IPAs. Tonight I’m actually breaking out a KBS. Unseasonably cool, rainy night...feels like a good time for a stout. 
    Where the hell are the photos?  I've had one and a half beers in 18 days.  
    mcgruff10 said:
    Where the hell are the photos?  I've had one and a half beers in 18 days.  
    Damn deer tick!! Don’t worry mike. I’m heading to a buddy’s this afternoon who is sure to have some great beers. Pics are coming...
    A good summer beer from revolution. They never disappoint.
    Watching the kids playing manhunt  across the street.  Snuck a founders in. 

bbiggs said:
    A good summer beer from revolution. They never disappoint.
    Damn that looks tasty!
    ^ enjoy Mike! That must be one damn good beer considering you’ve been beer-free for so long! 
  • I'm having this one right now and I like it. Kinda fresh and a little lighter- perfect for the river:

"My brain's a good brain!"
    Nice del!!
    bbiggs said:
    ^ enjoy Mike! That must be one damn good beer considering you’ve been beer-free for so long! 
    It was the greatest beer ever made in the history of the world lol. 
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    #FHP
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    #FHP
    ^ Im not sure what looks better...the beer or the background! Definitely digging the hazy IPAs