Options

March For Our Lives - Parkland Students Demanding Action

Comments

• Options
    Maybe, but there's a ton of stupid stuff written in this forum. I'm not sure it's cool to lash out in such a personal manner. I mean it's one thing to call a guy 'stupid' (sometimes it needs to be said)... it's quite another to gash deeper like Jose did.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,877
    edited June 2018
    mcgruff10 said:
    dignin said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    brianwp said:
    David. He supports 2A and has guns in his house. 
    I find it hard to believe that he supports the second amendment.
    You should just admit you were wrong and move on. It's getting embarrassing.
    The only time I am embarrassed is when I dance; I was actually banned from dancing at both of my weddings.  I have not one ounce of rhythm on the dance floor.  Now don't get me wrong, I could slow dance like a professional in middle school but it has been all down hill since.
    Your embarrassing yourself I thought you would be some one I could gang with but hell no never I’m glad my kids aren’t being taught by you ! I’ve had enough I’m drawing an imaginary line and you’ve crossed it so that’s all I won’t respond to your posts  anymore !
    Geezuz Jose.

Really?
    What @mcgruff10 wrote was pretty damn stupid though.

And he can't even walk it back when he's being called out on his bullshit either. Haha.
    To you it Is of course, to me it isn’t.  It’s just an opinion. 

Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,983
    edited June 2018
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    dignin said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    brianwp said:
    The only time I am embarrassed is when I dance; I was actually banned from dancing at both of my weddings.  I have not one ounce of rhythm on the dance floor.  Now don't get me wrong, I could slow dance like a professional in middle school but it has been all down hill since.
    Your embarrassing yourself I thought you would be some one I could gang with but hell no never I’m glad my kids aren’t being taught by you ! I’ve had enough I’m drawing an imaginary line and you’ve crossed it so that’s all I won’t respond to your posts  anymore !
    Geezuz Jose.

Really?

And he can't even walk it back when he's being called out on his bullshit either. Haha.
    To you it Is of course, to me it isn’t.  It’s a god damn opinion. 

opinions can be stupid, and based on nonsense though :)
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Yikes.

Come on, folks.

I'm about to go mountain biking. I suggest everybody do something similar. Maybe edit a few posts and come back to revisit the topic a little less huffy.

There's some good people here on the ropes.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    LETS ALL JUST CHILL AND LISTEN TO SOME KISS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XMU_3o5RRs
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    LETS ALL JUST CHILL AND LISTEN TO SOME KISS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XMU_3o5RRs
    I m totally chill.  Drinking coffee And watching some World Cup as my kids swim in the pool. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    dignin said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    brianwp said:
    Geezuz Jose.

Really?

To you it Is of course, to me it isn’t.  It’s a god damn opinion. 

opinions can be stupid, and based on nonsense though :)
    Ha ha very true. What happened to Sweden yesterday? ;)

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826
    Pretty mind-blowing to see what lengths the internet tough guys will go to try to defend the indefensible.

So now it's hypocritical to be in favour of gun law reform and also in favour of licensed professionals carrying weapons in the course of their jobs? I must have missed where David Hogg and the other Parkland students said they were against police, the military and professional security carrying weapons. I guess I also missed where they said that no private citizens should be armed, but since the pro-2A folks are saying it, it must be true.

If we're talking hypocrisy, how about the hypocrisy of the "it's all about the Constitution, dummy" pro-second amendment folks threatening to kill Hogg for exercising his first amendment rights?

For those calling out Hogg for having security, I am guessing you've never had the misfortune to have a stalker or receive death threats. You've probably never had to wonder if this is the day the guy is going to be waiting for you when you leave your house, or work or school, or whether this is the day he's done something to your car, or if he knows which school your kid goes to. I'm guessing you've never had to spend hours giving statements to police about exactly what the person said, and exactly when he said it, and exactly where he said it, and what you understood that to mean, and did you think he was serious, and how exactly did you react? If you've never had to do that, and yet you find David Hogg's use of security to be amusing, then perhaps you should think a little more deeply about the situation until you get a fucking clue. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,106
    Maybe, but there's a ton of stupid stuff written in this forum. I'm not sure it's cool to lash out in such a personal manner. I mean it's one thing to call a guy 'stupid' (sometimes it needs to be said)... it's quite another to gash deeper like Jose did.
    No kidding. I think it’s awful the way they keep attacking the fact he’s a teacher. There is plenty to attack us all on, including Jose if we want to be like that. Heck I’m ok with being called words and calling others words. I don’t consider that personal, it’s part of a lot of people’s normal speech when discussing, not really all that harsh when in person. But that was crazy Jose
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,600
    Pretty mind-blowing to see what lengths the internet tough guys will go to try to defend the indefensible.

So now it's hypocritical to be in favour of gun law reform and also in favour of licensed professionals carrying weapons in the course of their jobs? I must have missed where David Hogg and the other Parkland students said they were against police, the military and professional security carrying weapons. I guess I also missed where they said that no private citizens should be armed, but since the pro-2A folks are saying it, it must be true.

If we're talking hypocrisy, how about the hypocrisy of the "it's all about the Constitution, dummy" pro-second amendment folks threatening to kill Hogg for exercising his first amendment rights?

For those calling out Hogg for having security, I am guessing you've never had the misfortune to have a stalker or receive death threats. You've probably never had to wonder if this is the day the guy is going to be waiting for you when you leave your house, or work or school, or whether this is the day he's done something to your car, or if he knows which school your kid goes to. I'm guessing you've never had to spend hours giving statements to police about exactly what the person said, and exactly when he said it, and exactly where he said it, and what you understood that to mean, and did you think he was serious, and how exactly did you react? If you've never had to do that, and yet you find David Hogg's use of security to be amusing, then perhaps you should think a little more deeply about the situation until you get a fucking clue. 
    Well said.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options

@mcgruff10 be all:

• Options

@mcgruff10 be all:

I still stand by my opinion, I think it is hypocritical and I do think he's definitely anti-gun.  I don't recall saying anything bad about the guy at all or his beliefs so I"m not really getting all the backlash.  But whatever it is cool, I'm used to not having the majority opinion on these forums.
    Enjoy your Sunday!  I'm poolside watching my kids push each other in the pool lol.
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    I'll take the backlash.  Rich elitists like Michael Bloomberg want to tell the non-rich that they can't have firearms and are too dumb to know when to stop drinking sugary drinks.  Well now people are catching on so the ilk of him and George Soros want to "use the children", which are now adults, to push their agenda.  Immature adults are used as pawns.  

David Hogg is a hypocrite, but I don't know if he knew what he was getting himself into.  I wonder who pays the fees of this security.  Still, nothing this Hogg character can do to me to change the temperature of my living room.  All of this media hysteria is just going to get Trump reelected.  
  • Options
    unsung said:
    I'll take the backlash.  Rich elitists like Michael Bloomberg want to tell the non-rich that they can't have firearms and are too dumb to know when to stop drinking sugary drinks.  Well now people are catching on so the ilk of him and George Soros want to "use the children", which are now adults, to push their agenda.  Immature adults are used as pawns.  

David Hogg is a hypocrite, but I don't know if he knew what he was getting himself into.  I wonder who pays the fees of this security.  Still, nothing this Hogg character can do to me to change the temperature of my living room.  All of this media hysteria is just going to get Trump reelected.  
    “Take the backlash”? Dude, you do this for the backlash. 
  • Options
    flywallyflyflywallyfly Posts: 1,453
    unsung said:
      All of this media hysteria is just going to get Trump reelected.  
    This.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

@mcgruff10 be all:

I still stand by my opinion, I think it is hypocritical and I do think he's definitely anti-gun.  I don't recall saying anything bad about the guy at all or his beliefs so I"m not really getting all the backlash.  But whatever it is cool, I'm used to not having the majority opinion on these forums.
    Enjoy your Sunday!  I'm poolside watching my kids push each other in the pool lol.
    It’s good to back up an opinion with facts. It’s not so good to double down; actually, triple down, on an opinion once the basis for it has been demolished. Right now your only argument is “I know better than David Hogg what David Hogg thinks and feels”. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

@mcgruff10 be all:

It’s good to back up an opinion with facts. It’s not so good to double down; actually, triple down, on an opinion once the basis for it has been demolished. Right now your only argument is “I know better than David Hogg what David Hogg thinks and feels”. 
    Well, as I posted above:

Haha. 
  • Options
    stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,358
    "These people" Ugh
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

@mcgruff10 be all:

Well, he wants assault weapons banned: anti-gun.  

David wants to ban everything over ten rounds: anti-gun.  

"common sense gun laws" are anti-gun.  This reminds me of my own governor who says he is for the 2nd amendment but will sign any gun control law that comes his way.

Publix to donate double the money they gave to Putman [sic] to the Stoneman Douglas Victims fund, $1,000,000. And never support an A rated NRA politician again,”: anti-gun.

I will be spray painting my cap for graduation orange to show my support of common sense gun laws, feel free me to join if you want. #OrangeCaps

— David Hogg (@davidhogg111)May 18, 2018
    Common sense gun laws like banning assault weapons and anything over ten rounds are anti-gun.

David Hogg is postponing college to push gun control

https://nypost.com/2018/05/07/david-hogg-is-postponing-college-to-push-gun-control/

PARKLAND, Fla. — Marjory Stoneman Douglas student David Hogg says he wants voters to know which lawmakers are backed by the National Rifle Association before the mid-term elections.

The #NeverAgain leader and high school senior says he’s postponing college for a year to engage in gun-reform activism, focusing mostly on getting students and others registered to vote for the elections and raising awareness about gun lobbies.

Parkland Students to Announce Nation-Wide Gun-Control Tour

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/parkland-students-to-announce-20-state-gun-control-tour/

The student gun control activists of Parkland will announce an extensive bus tour Monday featuring 70 stops in 20 states, where the students will advocate stricter gun control legislation and register voters to that end.

The tour, “March for Our Lives: Road to Change,” will be led by David Hogg and Emma Gonzalez, both of whom have established themselves as de facto spokespeople for the youth gun control movement that erupted following the mass shooting at their high school in March.

“I’m glad I’m getting my diploma and not my death certificate,” Hogg, who graduated Sunday with Gonzalez and their fellow Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School seniors, told Axios in an interview to promote the tour.

Gonzalez, who plans to attend the New College of Florida in the fall, believes the tour will help increase support for the youth gun control movement among lawmakers who are concerned about the political implications of publicly opposing a coalition of young people.

• Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,600
    You really seem to be afraid of the Parkland students. For exercising their first amendment rights. Ironic.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,542
    You really seem to be afraid of the Parkland students. For exercising their first amendment rights. Ironic.
    Many regressives yell and scream about supporting and defending the constitution until it involves someone utilizing  their 1st amendment rights or separating church and state.

#Hypocrites
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    Their first Amendment rights end where the rights of others suffer.

Remember the whole can't yell fire in a theatre thing?
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

@mcgruff10 be all:

Well, he wants assault weapons banned: anti-gun.  

David wants to ban everything over ten rounds: anti-gun.  

"common sense gun laws" are anti-gun.  This reminds me of my own governor who says he is for the 2nd amendment but will sign any gun control law that comes his way.

Publix to donate double the money they gave to Putman [sic] to the Stoneman Douglas Victims fund, $1,000,000. And never support an A rated NRA politician again,”: anti-gun.

I will be spray painting my cap for graduation orange to show my support of common sense gun laws, feel free me to join if you want. #OrangeCaps

— David Hogg (@davidhogg111)May 18, 2018
    Common sense gun laws like banning assault weapons and anything over ten rounds are anti-gun.

David Hogg is postponing college to push gun control

https://nypost.com/2018/05/07/david-hogg-is-postponing-college-to-push-gun-control/

PARKLAND, Fla. — Marjory Stoneman Douglas student David Hogg says he wants voters to know which lawmakers are backed by the National Rifle Association before the mid-term elections.

The #NeverAgain leader and high school senior says he’s postponing college for a year to engage in gun-reform activism, focusing mostly on getting students and others registered to vote for the elections and raising awareness about gun lobbies.

Parkland Students to Announce Nation-Wide Gun-Control Tour

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/parkland-students-to-announce-20-state-gun-control-tour/

The student gun control activists of Parkland will announce an extensive bus tour Monday featuring 70 stops in 20 states, where the students will advocate stricter gun control legislation and register voters to that end.

The tour, “March for Our Lives: Road to Change,” will be led by David Hogg and Emma Gonzalez, both of whom have established themselves as de facto spokespeople for the youth gun control movement that erupted following the mass shooting at their high school in March.

“I’m glad I’m getting my diploma and not my death certificate,” Hogg, who graduated Sunday with Gonzalez and their fellow Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School seniors, told Axios in an interview to promote the tour.

Gonzalez, who plans to attend the New College of Florida in the fall, believes the tour will help increase support for the youth gun control movement among lawmakers who are concerned about the political implications of publicly opposing a coalition of young people.

"Common sense gun laws are anti-gun" is an extremist position.
    Seriously.
    Extremist.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Common sense gun laws are pushed by people with no sense.  Most often they don't even know what they are speaking of.
  • Options
    unsung said:
    Common sense gun laws are pushed by people with no sense.  Most often they don't even know what they are speaking of.
    Thats true to an equal or lesser degree than the fast that common sense gun laws are opposed by people with no integrity, who use their superior firearm knowledge to straight up lie knowing they won't often be caught.
    Like when y'all claim an AR15 isn't a military rifle, knowing full well and failing to mention it was designed from the M16 military rifle.
    Or when y'all point out caliber and claim there's no difference in a hunting and assault rifle knowing full well and failing to mention muzzle velocity and the impact it has on lethality.
    Or like when y'all claim the tactical appointments don't make an assault rifle more deadly...until you need one to go boar hunting and suddenly those appointments and mods make all the difference in the world.

I'll take ignorance over dishonesty.
  • Options
    You meaning me?  I have no problem with them exercising their 1st amendment rights, in fact I applaud it.  However it doesn't mean I have to agree with their message.
  • Options
    Quadrupling down - nice. 

Redefining terms to mean what you want them to mean is somewhat Orwellian. Not a good look. 
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited June 2018
    rgambs said:
    unsung said:
    Thats true to an equal or lesser degree than the fast that common sense gun laws are opposed by people with no integrity, who use their superior firearm knowledge to straight up lie knowing they won't often be caught.
    Like when y'all claim an AR15 isn't a military rifle, knowing full well and failing to mention it was designed from the M16 military rifle.
    Or when y'all point out caliber and claim there's no difference in a hunting and assault rifle knowing full well and failing to mention muzzle velocity and the impact it has on lethality.
    Or like when y'all claim the tactical appointments don't make an assault rifle more deadly...until you need one to go boar hunting and suddenly those appointments and mods make all the difference in the world.

I’m a bit confused on what you mean in regards to muzzle velocities of hunting rifles vs “assault rifles”.  The muzzle velocity of the same caliber is the same in a hunting rifle as it is in any other rifle of the same caliber.  Many of the most used hunting rounds have a much higher muzzle than the most widely used ar-15 round (5.56 or .223).  But there are a wide variety of calibers used in the ar-15 platform these days...so again, what are you talking about?
    When politicians try pushing gun control bills, they are often dishonest about their ignorance.  Should I pull up the video of the CO lawmaker lying about the abilities of an AR-15 for the thousandth time?
    And I do not think Hogg is being dishonest, but he does come across as a bit ignorant when it comes to firearms and laws...
    I fully support him exercising his 1st Amendment rights, and also support those same rights from the people with views apposed to his.
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    rgambs said:
    unsung said:

I’m a bit confused on what you mean in regards to muzzle velocities of hunting rifles vs “assault rifles”.  The muzzle velocity of the same caliber is the same in a hunting rifle as it is in any other rifle of the same caliber.  Many of the most used hunting rounds have a much higher muzzle than the most widely used ar-15 round (5.56 or .223).  But there are a wide variety of calibers used in the ar-15 platform these days...so again, what are you talking about?
    When politicians try pushing gun control bills, they are often dishonest about their ignorance.  Should I pull up the video of the CO lawmaker lying about the abilities of an AR-15 for the thousandth time?
    I misspoke, "hunting" is supposed to read "handgun".  Nice catch.
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited June 2018
    rgambs said:
    PJPOWER said:
    rgambs said:
    unsung said:

I misspoke, "hunting" is supposed to read "handgun".  Nice catch.
    Did you know that handgun calibers are also used in the ar-15 platform?  Also, there are some slow muzzle velocity rounds that can do WAY more damage than the fast ones depending on distance.  .458 SOCOM for example.
    I guess that my point is that there are a ton of distinctions when it comes to pushing for new laws that the general public know nothing about and will be asking “Why didn’t this work” when a new law gets passed and nothing changes.  I do not support “feel good” laws.
    Post edited by PJPOWER on