The Pizza Thread

Comments

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Haha, yeah I never fucked with anyone's food in any gross type of way.  I mean, they're already eating McDonald's, that's enough suffering as is. :lol: That and I swore an oath to food safety, and it's just the right thing to do.
    An asswipe (perhaps the biggest asswipe) in high school worked at the pizza joint right by the school.  Everyone knew not to eat from there when he was working.
    He bragged about doing a 'rake*' on a pizza that a guy he hated ordered.  What a total jackass.

*rake - to put one's hands down one's pants and to rake across your hairy parts, and then to sprinkle what came loose onto the pizza prior to putting it in the over.
    Don't order pizza when Calvin is working, he gave Tommy a rake pizza one time.
    what
    the
    fuck
    (i think i just puked in my mouth a little lol)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    Haha, yeah I never fucked with anyone's food in any gross type of way.  I mean, they're already eating McDonald's, that's enough suffering as is. :lol: That and I swore an oath to food safety, and it's just the right thing to do.
    "swore an oath" 

See the source image
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    "I, straight your name"
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    I caught a kid spitting on one the grills one time.  I was like, "What. The. Fuck. Did you just do?"  Kinda like you'd say to your dog when he shits in the middle of the floor.  That dumb fucker spent the next 2+ hours deep cleaning every surface of that grill, every movable part, removable part, and the entire surrounding area including the vents, vent hood, floor, & walls.  Made him scrub the wheels with a fucking toothbrush, too. I told him he wasn't done until that fucker looked like the picture in the equipment catalog. Then I sent his dumb ass home.  He hated me for a while but he never did it again.
    On a side note, I really don't think the kid was all that bright.  He put a tray of apple pies in the oven once and stood there for 10 minutes watching them bake. "What the fuck are you doing, Eric?"  I'm baking pies. "The oven is baking the pies you simple fuck. You're just staring. Do some work."
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    mcgruff10 said:
    An asswipe (perhaps the biggest asswipe) in high school worked at the pizza joint right by the school.  Everyone knew not to eat from there when he was working.
    He bragged about doing a 'rake*' on a pizza that a guy he hated ordered.  What a total jackass.

*rake - to put one's hands down one's pants and to rake across your hairy parts, and then to sprinkle what came loose onto the pizza prior to putting it in the over.
    Don't order pizza when Calvin is working, he gave Tommy a rake pizza one time.
    what
    the
    fuck
    (i think i just puked in my mouth a little lol)
    Bad.
    I remember reading a story way back about two jackasses at a burger chain (BK, maybe?) who kept a few burgers on top of the freezer for people who were rude to them going through the drive through.  Made me want to barf.  I swore off fast food chains in 2003 and have not eaten at a McD, BK, Wendy chain type of place since.  [I have a weird set of rules for what I will and will not consider ff -- drive through is an automatic.]  Only time I broke my rule was with a potential client, at their chain.  (Not burgers)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,851
    I caught a kid spitting on one the grills one time.  I was like, "What. The. Fuck. Did you just do?"  Kinda like you'd say to your dog when he shits in the middle of the floor.  That dumb fucker spent the next 2+ hours deep cleaning every surface of that grill, every movable part, removable part, and the entire surrounding area including the vents, vent hood, floor, & walls.  Made him scrub the wheels with a fucking toothbrush, too. I told him he wasn't done until that fucker looked like the picture in the equipment catalog. Then I sent his dumb ass home.  He hated me for a while but he never did it again.
    On a side note, I really don't think the kid was all that bright.  He put a tray of apple pies in the oven once and stood there for 10 minutes watching them bake. "What the fuck are you doing, Eric?"  I'm baking pies. "The oven is baking the pies you simple fuck. You're just staring. Do some work."
    I LOVE stories about workers that aren't very good workers, lol!!!

I used to work at a deli and I would never, ever even think of doing something to someones food.

That is so unethical it's ridiculous!!!
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Katherine Harris used to frequent the café attached to the bookshop that I managed. Oh, the things that found their way into her café breves. Yet every day, she came back for more. And this was before the 2000 election.

And I know quite a few bartenders who always kept some Visine handy for douchelords.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    When I worked at McD's in college, we'd have people order "extra extra" toppings on some sandwiches.  That usaully constituted us taking the crown of the bun, punching the inside until it made a small bread bowl and filling it with whatever topping they asked for.  Most of the time this was onions, sometimes tartar on a fish sandwich.  They said "extra extra,"  they got extra extra.
    That story ended so much better than I thought it was going to end.

Thank you.

:lol:
    Haha, that's what I thought too!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    I know it does happen, so I am still wary, but I worked at six or seven different restaurants and bars back in the day and I never once worked with a cook who I suspect would have fucked with the food in a gross way. That's just so messed up, and I trust that the majority of kitchen staff are at least better than that. I think a person who would do such a thing has serious personality or psychological issues.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Scruffy has a good woman. Can you imagine living with that guy? Eesh.

Before he met that great woman... he almost settled on this little lady (the video depicts their first date):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epjrWjo9ZMY
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    edited June 2018
    That is funny as hell!!!  And you are right, I do have a great great woman.
    I'm glad I am made fun of across multiple threads. lol
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
  • mcgruff10 said:
    That is funny as hell!!!  And you are right, I do have a great great woman.
    I'm glad I am made fun of across multiple threads. lol
    Well Scruffy... we're not laughing 'at' you... we're laughing 'with' you!
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    I have been lax the last few days with checking these threads and I come back to 31 new posts including “raking” on fast food, spitting on grills, etc. Lmao! Didn’t expect the pizza thread to take that turn, but that’s what makes this thread great! 
  • NinetytworulesNinetytworules Boston Posts: 454
    Padova pizza
    ^ someone may have just won the award for best pizza post. Straight from Padova?! Wow! Enjoy!! 
    Padova pizza
    Oh baby!!
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    Padova pizza
    That looks soooooo good!!! Love me a slice of that
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • NinetytworulesNinetytworules Boston Posts: 454
    More to come. Stay tuned!
    More to come. Stay tuned!
    Yeah give us a review. By the looks of it I’m guessing it’s world class 
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Padova pizza
    Yes! Back to thread integrity!!  And back to my mouth watering.
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    If Pearl Jam played southern Italy this thread would explode.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Wowzer.
    No comments abut burning?  That looks amazing
    Wowzer.
    I see similarities between my infamous pizza photo and that one.  And there’s nothing wrong with either. 
    They both looked great
    Only a lefty would position fork and knife like that?
    Only a lefty would position fork and knife like that?
    Do they use a knife and fork in Italy to eat pizza?
    When it comes like that it does not appear that they cut it into slices...so I would guess you need to use them to hack it into more manageable pieces.
  • mcgruff10 said:
    Wowzer.
    I see similarities between my infamous pizza photo and that one.  And there’s nothing wrong with either. 

I do too.

If this recent pizza was left in the oven for another 45 minutes... it would have ended up like your pizza. So, there similar in that they each rode the same journey for a period of time (one just left the journey quite a bit earlier).
  • Thirty Bills UnpaidThirty Bills Unpaid Posts: 16,881
    edited June 2018
    Further, Scruffy... your pizza was like a multi-purpose tool: there were at least three edible bites (making it legit food)... aaand... several sections of it could serve as briquettes for barbequing or for road marking on lighter concrete.

So your pizza wins!