Wildlife Around Your Home (post pics if you've got 'em!)

Comments

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I love spraying these fuckers with the hose!

The damn dog is afraid of them and hence useless.

Where’s Artie Bucco when you need him? Although I did hear a coyote yipping a couple of nights ago, so I guess it’s better that a natural predator is around to take care of them.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    ^ ^ Artie Bucco lol
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • dankind said:

Where’s Artie Bucco when you need him? Although I did hear a coyote yipping a couple of nights ago, so I guess it’s better that a natural predator is around to take care of them.

hahahahahaha

That is awesome. I bet the dog acts so damn tough all the time with you guys.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    dankind said:

hahahahahaha

Oh yeah, she’s a killing machine in a game of tug, but get her near a bunny and she quakes with fear and dread. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    Outside my friend’s house in Colorado.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    dankind said:
    dankind said:

hahahahahaha

Oh yeah, she’s a killing machine in a game of tug, but get her near a bunny and she quakes with fear and dread. 
    We totally love having had rabbits in our yard (reminds me of a Paul Westerberg line in "Once Around the Weekend") and don't mind that they nibble on some of the plants.  But now we have a fox family that's taken up residence so... you guessed it.  No rabbits.  I guess you just can't have everything. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    No pictures, but a few years ago, I spotted a deer in our back yard.  I left an apple for her, and she started coming back every day.  She then brought a few friends!

The deer trusted me enough to come right up to me when I was cutting an apple to feed to her.

After a few weeks, there were almost a half-dozen of them coming around, including a buck with huge antlers.   That was a sign to stop!
  • FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    On a drive, about a half hour from the house.  It was taken a couple years ago.

"What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    edited June 2018
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    No pictures, but a few years ago, I spotted a deer in our back yard.  I left an apple for her, and she started coming back every day.  She then brought a few friends!

The deer trusted me enough to come right up to me when I was cutting an apple to feed to her.

After a few weeks, there were almost a half-dozen of them coming around, including a buck with huge antlers.   That was a sign to stop!
    I'm sure you meant well ... but you should never feed wild animals.

Not for your safety ... but for theirs ... they can become dependent on humans.
    Post edited by Meltdown99 on
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    I hope nobody is bothered by this one. My parents live on the river and we spend time on the dock in the summer. We always have a line in and we catch these rainbow trout (also known as Kamloops Trout).

We typically catch 2-3 each day and eat them that day. They're a little bony, but they're tasty. My father sent me a shot of this beauty- he caught it today while I was mountain biking.

oh man that's such a gorgeous fish!  on the fly? lure? bait?
    do you guys have graylings in your neck of the woods?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mcgruff10 said:
    I hope nobody is bothered by this one. My parents live on the river and we spend time on the dock in the summer. We always have a line in and we catch these rainbow trout (also known as Kamloops Trout).

We typically catch 2-3 each day and eat them that day. They're a little bony, but they're tasty. My father sent me a shot of this beauty- he caught it today while I was mountain biking.

oh man that's such a gorgeous fish!  on the fly? lure? bait?
    do you guys have graylings in your neck of the woods?

We cast out with baited hook. There's a sweet spot we cast into and the current keeps the baited hook from plummeting.

For every trout we catch... we catch 2-3 suckers. We throw these pests into the river for the eagles- they're all over the place. I'll try and get an action shot for you guys. Actually, I'll post one of the pictures I have saved on my laptop as soon as I post this.
  • Okay no pictures saved on my laptop. But I took this photo of an eagle cross country skiing this winter.

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    I've never seen a cougar, though I would love to. 

look in a mirror.

(sorry. you set it up on a tee)
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited June 2018
    Wobbie said:
    I've never seen a cougar, though I would love to. 

look in a mirror.

(sorry. you set it up on a tee)

Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Just noticed these two Spotted Doves soaking up some morning sun on the backyard lawn after a frosty Winter's morning.

Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    Just noticed these two Spotted Doves soaking up some morning sun on the backyard lawn after a frosty Winter's morning.

The dove is sweet but that elephant stepping over the low brick wall,  WHOA!! :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• brianlux said:

The dove is sweet but that elephant stepping over the low brick wall,  WHOA!! :lol:

Lol

Man, you are sharp today. The old mind is humming.
    brianlux said:

HAHAHA!
    I would never have noticed that.
    It's a fig tree.
    edited June 2018
    brianlux said:

Lol

Man, you are sharp today. The old mind is humming.
    Thank you, Thirty.  But I gotta tell you, at this point in the game, I never from one day to the next.  Could be dull tomorrow, lol. 
    Mornings don't count.  I'm pretty much comatose until around 11 AM, Haha!

brianlux said:

HAHAHA!
    It's a fig tree.
    Oh rats!  I was hoping for some exciting stories about your pet Dumbo or Horton!

brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

HAHAHA!
    It's a fig tree.
    Oh rats!  I was hoping for some exciting stories about your pet Dumbo or Horton!

I'd have called him Stampy after the elephant in that Simpsons episode. 
  • hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    brianlux said:

Hysterical :lol:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

HAHAHA!
    It's a fig tree.

Stampy-- perfect!  :lol:

brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

HAHAHA!
    It's a fig tree.

I hope he doesn't run away and storm into a peanut factory.
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

HAHAHA!
    It's a fig tree.

I hope he doesn't run away and storm into a peanut factory.
    :lol:

• wild texas carrot not my garden just a dear friends vegetative wild life... along with snakes,scorpions and little ribbeters she comes across..
    :rofl:
    Outrageous!

• lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,694
    So that's where carrot juice comes from!
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    So that's where carrot juice comes from!
    :lol: