Options

Paul Ryan's Failed Photo-Op

Prince Of DorknessPrince Of Dorkness Posts: 3,763
edited October 2012 in A Moving Train
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/10/15/s ... d-nothing/

Paul Ryan... trying to show that he cares about the lazy moochers who "feel they're entitled to food' by showing up unannounced to a soup kitchen (after it was closed), had an off-mic conversation with a few of them, posed for a few pictures and then grabbed a big pan to wash it.

Except... that pot had already been washed... the place was closed down for the night.

So he just washed this already-clean pan so his aides could take a picture of him "feeding the lazy moochers who feel they're entitled to food" even though he was just posing for a picture to publish in the local paper and didn't actually do any work.

So... who's the lazy one who wants credit for not doing any actual work again?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,152
    :fp:
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/10/15/soup-kitchen-operator-blasts-ryan-photo-op-he-did-nothing/

Paul Ryan... trying to show that he cares about the lazy moochers who "feel they're entitled to food' by showing up unannounced to a soup kitchen (after it was closed), had an off-mic conversation with a few of them, posed for a few pictures and then grabbed a big pan to wash it.

Except... that pot had already been washed... the place was closed down for the night.

So he just washed this already-clean pan so his aides could take a picture of him "feeding the lazy moochers who feel they're entitled to food" even though he was just posing for a picture to publish in the local paper and didn't actually do any work.

So... who's the lazy one who wants credit for not doing any actual work again?
    oh man somebody's head is on a platter for that...
    and it's not Ryans...
    who is the party planner on this one ;)

kind of like this raw story, another head on a platter

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/10/16/m ... ya-attack/

I like raw story it's got some good ones, is independent and asks some great questions
    that we all want to know the answers to :thumbup:
  • Options
    inmytreeinmytree Posts: 4,741
    "you didn't wash that...!!!"
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    Is this dog and pony show over yet?
  • Options
    This is my town!!! Quoting the centers coordinator ...." the event was a photo op....it was the phoniest piece of baloney ive ever been associated with...in hindsight..I would have never let him in. " Did you see his apron....not a spot on it....and keeping your expensive watch on while in water!! Wow you can tell hes done dishes awhile...NOT.. this is a non partisan charity.. A lot of youngstowners have been calling all day to complain......this place cant afford to lose ANY donors!!! Nice job Ryan......fool
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,531
    A dumb decision for a photo-op.

But, does Obama going to a soup kitchen during working hours mean that he cares more than Ryan? Is Obama only going to that soup kitchen for a photo op as well? Yes.

They are both going for photo ops. Ryan's campaign just made a blunder. Doesn't mean that Ryan or Obama care any more for people than the other.
  • Options

But, does Obama going to a soup kitchen during working hours mean that he cares more than Ryan? Is Obama only going to that soup kitchen for a photo op as well? Yes.

They are both going for photo ops. Ryan's campaign just made a blunder. Doesn't mean that Ryan or Obama care any more for people than the other.
    for whatever it is worth, based on ryan's budget, he cares less about the poor than obama does...
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options

for whatever it is worth, based on ryan's budget, he cares less about the poor than obama does...

So what happens when the country goes bankrupt in 15 years when social security and Medicare have no money? Stay with the Obama budget and you'll see. Ryan actually put a plan out there to save SS and Medicare. Obama hasn't.

Biden bragged during the VP debate that Medicare benefits are the highest they have ever been. He bragged about this while the program is trillions in debt and going bankrupt. Bragged about that!!!

You could double the tax on rich people and it won't dent the deficit. Spending is out of control. Tax increases aren't going to save it. Budget cuts will. We can debate on the allocation of the cuts, but there has to be HUGE cuts across the board.
  • Options
    You could double the tax on rich people and it won't dent the deficit. Spending is out of control. Tax increases aren't going to save it. Budget cuts will. We can debate on the allocation of the cuts, but there has to be HUGE cuts across the board.
    huge budget cuts ARE coming;. they are the result of the failure of the supercommittee. you know that if obama wins and the gop holds the house, we are going over the fiscal cliff and those cuts automatically take effect.

answer me this. why are the republicans trying to "undo" that deal with regard to military spending? they will allow all mandatory cuts from that bipartisan deal to take effects except for the military cuts. why is that??

• Options
    edited October 2012
    huge budget cuts ARE coming;. they are the result of the failure of the supercommittee. you know that if obama wins and the gop holds the house, we are going over the fiscal cliff and those cuts automatically take effect.

answer me this. why are the republicans trying to "undo" that deal with regard to military spending? they will allow all mandatory cuts from that bipartisan deal to take effects except for the military cuts. why is that??

Probably because they believe cuts are needed across the board but that the military is important to fund to protect the country and to keep our soldiers safe.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Options
    Ryan actually put a plan out there to save SS and Medicare.

Except no. He didn't.

He claims to have one but doesn't.

And when pressed on it, Paul Ryan takes a sip of water and purses his lip.
  • Options
    Ryan actually put a plan out there to save SS and Medicare.

Except no. He didn't.

He claims to have one but doesn't.

And when pressed on it, Paul Ryan takes a sip of water and purses his lip.

He did put out a plan and the House voted on it. Ryan talked about the voucher program for Medicare. Ryan talked about cutting off of SS benefits for individuals under 55 and changing how SS is administrated and funded for those under 55. You can say his plan is crap, but he didn't just sip water.

What Biden did was pander to old people and say their benefits were the highest ever fully knowing that Medicare is on a collision course with bankruptcy.
  • Options
    What Biden did was pander to old people and say their benefits were the highest ever fully knowing that Medicare is on a collision course with bankruptcy.

Well, that's what Fox "news" wants you to believe, anyway.
  • Options

Well, that's what Fox "news" wants you to believe, anyway.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/washington/2011-06-06-us-debt-chart-medicare-social-security_n.htm

Both social security and medicare each have over 20 TRILLION in projected unfunded liabilities per their own actuaries. Old article from 2011 but I doubt the situation has improved.

I don't have cable tv so I dont watch Fox News or visit their website. I thought it was common knowledge these programs were going bankrupt. If anything I like to listen to MSNBC on xm radio to hear what the liberals are saying. Usually blasting corporations.
  • Options
    thought it was common knowledge these programs were going bankrupt.

The possibility of Medicare going "bankrupt" is — and for a long time, has been — exaggerated.

In truth, even if no changes are made, Medicare would still be able to meet 88 percent of its obligations in 2085. And Obamacare deals with lowering it's costs and raising it's effectiveness.

Social Security is fully funded for another two decades and could pay 75 percent of its benefits after that.
  • Options
    __ Posts: 6,651

In this case, it means:
    1) He's not as dishonest as Ryan.
    2) He's willing to give at least something to those less fortunate to pay for his photo op with them. (Of course, unlike Ryan, we can't say for sure that he wouldn't have given of himself regardless of the photo op.)
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,380
    inmytree wrote:
    "you didn't wash that...!!!"

:lol::lol::lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
  • Options
    dignin said:
    Awesome!

On twitter the righties were indignant lol. 
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,933
    dignin said:
    Saw that. Amazing. The first one to point out how dumb "the mooch" is too. Seems no one dares/Wants to do that.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,538
    DAMN!!
    I saw this thread and thought the P.O.D. was back
    Miss that guy