Live Streams

Any live streaming feeds can we post here.. im ready to warm up for the rescheduled London show now woo!

Comments

• SunshinejarSunshinejar Wales Posts: 53
    Pearl Jam Nordic on Facebook are at the show and they live streamed a bunch from London 1 so fingers crossed!
    And they’re on!!! Any suggestions!! 
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,360
    Can someone pm me a link to the stream please?!?!
    edited June 2018
    I can’t find one yet, I saw the walk on on their insta story and think they’ve played elderly woman as opener! 
  • The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,357
    I think he needed more rest time :(
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
    Me too, voice sounds painful still
  • Peasant TentsPeasant Tents UK Posts: 834
    Same to my ears .. Sounds so painful. Poor Ed. Hope he is ok.
    I also think the outdoor huge venue with bad sound is doing them no favors. 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited June 2018
    Might be hard at a festival.

But they "should" really re-think the setlists for the nearest shows coming up and experiment with the others doing some songs - be it covers, there own solo material and/or singing songs they wrote that Eddie sings normally. Doubt fans would care (when it means Eddie don't need to cancel more shows), and the general concert goer wouldn't know what a Pearl Jam show should look like anyways.

But who knows. Maybe he's safe to sing.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    But it is strange to play only 18 songs, play a lot of slower songs, 2 no ed songs eruption and mankind. It’s time to do 1/2 acoustic sets immediately, but that means no more outdoor venues. I’d say this will be the last ballpark, outdoor tour period. 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited June 2018
    RS65573 said:
    But it is strange to play only 18 songs, play a lot of slower songs, 2 no ed songs eruption and mankind. It’s time to do 1/2 acoustic sets immediately, but that means no more outdoor venues. I’d say this will be the last ballpark, outdoor tour period. 
    They had a slot at a festival. So I'm betting they filled that slot. So the amount of songs wouldn't be odd. 

Or did they shorten their playing time?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    RS65573 said:
    He is sick. Why is everyone going off the deep end like the world is on fire and Pearl Jam as we know it is done? 
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    It doesn’t sound good and it was the first song
    My holy grail show would have been Eddie with c average. I love PJ songs and shows but I feel like Eddie has this ability like a comic with good timing...where the cover live eclipses the original song because of his ability to inject emotion. See ain’t talking bout love, driven to tears, I got you, the kids are alright. 

So for me it’s just growing older with PJ. It’s no longer about leash, it’s about that feel. I’d love an acoustic set, cover set, shit do the white album. Now it’s time for No Coda. 
  • pashapasamanpashapasaman Posts: 497
    RS65573 said:
    My holy grail show would have been Eddie with c average. I love PJ songs and shows but I feel like Eddie has this ability like a comic with good timing...where the cover live eclipses the original song because of his ability to inject emotion. See ain’t talking bout love, driven to tears, I got you, the kids are alright. 

So for me it’s just growing older with PJ. It’s no longer about leash, it’s about that feel. I’d love an acoustic set, cover set, shit do the white album. Now it’s time for No Coda. 
    Im down for another benaroya type of show
    PJ 2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    PJ 2018: London 1, Padova, Roma, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon, London 2
    EV 2017: Amsterdam 2&3, London 1&2
  • whoanelly15whoanelly15 Posts: 737

I wasn't there, but I gotta say, we're making a mistake judging Ed's voice based on a low-fi video we're watching someone broadcasting from their phone, standing a half-mile from a stage on the other side of the planet (from me).

I watched this one below, and I think he sounds great. It's still only marginally better quality, but it still gave me goosebumps to watch. I couldn't help but feel extremely happy for this guy who people are so quick to criticize. I can't imaging living my life (and with my voice) under a microscope. So, he forgot a couple words and bowed out of a few moments. He's not 100%. But he "rode the wave" of the crowd-singing and pulled it off beautifully. Even in Italian!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX0Piip_MYE

The other tracks from the night that I heard sound great. Not his best. But still great.

Every singer is going to trash their voice at times in their career, often related to illness. It's a testament to his superpowers that they had never before cancelled a show for him. Every now and then, I go back and listen to some Audioslave shows and am reminded of how badly that period of time shredded Chris Cornell's voice. Even at that, he came out of it all sounding better... and remained so for the rest of his days.

Ed is going to be fine.

Thank you for that video. Got any more?!?!

i love the Italian lyrics, amazing. They really care about making every night special. I don’t know another band that does. 

Having Said that, the only bad thing here to me is the lyric flub...there just has to be an elegant way to toss that shit on a teleprompter. 

Im certainly not saying ed is now is some way different. I’m saying I’m fucking old now. I can’t do what I used to, and for me the important thing at a show I just that feeling. This vid of release certainly has it. 

But mankind in a festival set? Has that happened? I don’t think so. So he’s still slightly under the weather.