St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    ^ hey now ;)
    The Reds? Really? The f’n Reds?? 
    I went outside when it was 6-1 cubs in the 6th or 7th inning I believe. I just came in to check the score. 8-6 reds. 4 game sweep by the worst team in baseball. Give me a mother f’n break. 
    Wobbie said:
    fuck the cubs.
    This. 
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    I’m really getting sick of Maddon and all his silly cute bullshit he tries to pull every game. Dude wins ONE World Series and thinks he’s changed the fucking game forever. It ain’t working Joe.
    The players have no fucking heart. Aside from Javy, Heyward, & Lester no one is putting in effort like they did in 2015 & 2016. Newsflash guys, one championship doesn’t give you a free pass to fuck around for the rest of your careers. 
    Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fucking fuckity fuck fuck!!! 

Fuck the Cubs!!! 

God fucking damn it! 

Fucking trash team. Keep Baez & Lester and just fucking fire sale everyone else. Send fucking genius Maddon packing with them. Fucking asshole fucking bums the whole fucking lot of em.

Fly the fucking L you fucking losers!!!
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    edited June 2018
    Keep Baez and Lester only? No Rizzo, KB or Almora? You're losing me here. 

I truthfully thought Baez and Schwarber should have been dealt after the World Series. Their values at that time would have brought back a max return. Could have probably gotten Glayber Torres for Schwarber at that point in time.  :pensive:
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    edited June 2018
    Gleyber Torres was a Cub. He was part of the trade that gave us Aroldis Chapman for 3 months.

Keep Almora. I also said trade Schwarber right after the World Series.

Also, I’m just really pissed off right now because these fucking bums couldn’t beat a dead kitten with a sledgehammer. Don’t take too much of what I say too seriously at the moment lol. 
    Post edited by HesCalledDyer on
    I know about the Torres part, that's why the "pensive" face. Probably could have gotten him back at that point. 

And I'm with you right now, they just aren't looking like even an average team. It is very frustrating to watch. Oddly enough, the best pitcher they have faced in the last 7 games is the only one they beat. Kershaw tomorrow! 

Look at it this way: no, they couldn't beat a dead kitten with a sledgehammer right now. But then again, who would ever even want to beat a dead kitten with a sledgehammer? Answer: Cardinals fans! 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,483
    Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fucking fuckity fuck fuck!!! 

Fuck the Cubs!!! 

God fucking damn it! 

Fucking trash team. Keep Baez & Lester and just fucking fire sale everyone else. Send fucking genius Maddon packing with them. Fucking asshole fucking bums the whole fucking lot of em.

Fly the fucking L you fucking losers!!!
    This is exactly how I feel if you substitute the what are you drinking right now thread for the cubs.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Gtilley8Gtilley8 Detroit Posts: 985
    Ya know, at least we never traded Baez. It was a popular idea a few years ago.  He's worth his weight in gold, and along with his talent, is starting to get it. This guy is a pleasure to watch play the game.  Might go down as my favorite Cub. As a guy who worshipped Sandberg growing up and wears the 23 at every game, that would be saying something.

Nice win today.  Let's get it back on track. 
    2000 - 8/21 - Columbus, OH
    2003 - 6/18 - Chicago, IL
    2006 - 5/22 - Auburn Hills, MI
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL
    2015 - 9/26 - New York, NY
    2016 - 4/16 - Greenville, SC; 8/20 - Chicago, IL; 8/22 - Chicago, IL
    2018 - 8/18 - Chicago, IL; 8/20 - Chicago, IL

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3045
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    But then again, who would ever even want to beat a dead kitten with a sledgehammer? Answer: Cardinals fans! 
    We prefer baby bears, but that’s not happening. 

We’ll trade you managers. I’d love to see Matheny try his hand at ruining some of the studs the Cubs have and Maddons personality would fit with the current StL lineup much better than cranky ass Matheny. The overmanagement can be unbearable though. Went through 15 years of that with Larussa.

If you guys are sick of Bryant, we’ll take him off your hands.

Looks like Yadi was a solid influence on Baez during the WBC.
    Gtilley8 said:
    Ya know, at least we never traded Baez. It was a popular idea a few years ago.  He's worth his weight in gold, and along with his talent, is starting to get it. This guy is a pleasure to watch play the game.  Might go down as my favorite Cub. As a guy who worshipped Sandberg growing up and wears the 23 at every game, that would be saying something.

I agree.  He shined in the 2016 playoffs (well, up until the WS anyway).  Yeah he had a lot of value at that point and I know the popular opinion was to trade him.  And I'll admit that up until that point, he irked me a lot.  But after the NLDS & NLCS that year I was beginning to see the potential was there - he just needed to put it on the field and get his head in the right place.  Best trade we've never made was keeping him.  The kid is one of the most exciting guys to watch in the entire sport right now.  He makes defense look like pure instinct.  The little things that he does that you can't calculate with a statistic are things that every young little leaguer aspiring to make it big one day should be looking at on a daily basis.  Coaches will be teaching that kind of stuff for years to come.
    I, too, grew up idolizing Ryno and I can tell you with 100% confidence that I have not been this excited about a Cubs infielder since I was a kid.

Good to get the win yesterday.  5 series leading up to the break now that - with the exception of SF - should NOT be very tough to get some wins.  But it's the Cubs, so we all know how that can go.  Hopefully this little 2-6 stint lit a fire under their asses, especially with a big win like yesterday.
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    Gtilley8 said:

I agree.  He shined in the 2016 playoffs (well, up until the WS anyway).  Yeah he had a lot of value at that point and I know the popular opinion was to trade him.  And I'll admit that up until that point, he irked me a lot.  But after the NLDS & NLCS that year I was beginning to see the potential was there - he just needed to put it on the field and get his head in the right place.  Best trade we've never made was keeping him.  The kid is one of the most exciting guys to watch in the entire sport right now.  He makes defense look like pure instinct.  The little things that he does that you can't calculate with a statistic are things that every young little leaguer aspiring to make it big one day should be looking at on a daily basis.  Coaches will be teaching that kind of stuff for years to come.
    I, too, grew up idolizing Ryno and I can tell you with 100% confidence that I have not been this excited about a Cubs infielder since I was a kid.

Good to get the win yesterday.  5 series leading up to the break now that - with the exception of SF - should NOT be very tough to get some wins.  But it's the Cubs, so we all know how that can go.  Hopefully this little 2-6 stint lit a fire under their asses, especially with a big win like yesterday.

grew up idolizing the HAWK!

Dyer don't hit the panic button yet. the season is still young

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

I mean, I’m glad we’ve hit double digits 3 games in a row, but still problems. Should not be giving up this many runs to the damn Twins. Yesterdays game was a delight offensively. 20 hits, no long balls, a bunch of 2-out RBIs, and a 7:3 walk to strikeout ratio. Too bad Chatwood is a bum.

Can we just forget about Darvish and keep Monty in the rotation? Yu has ZERO confidence. He’s a fucking chickenshit with no desire to win. Heard he made a comment about not wanting to be in the dugout at Dodger stadium for fear of the reaction he might get. Brush that shit off ya non-competitive pussy. I’d rather retroactively double Soriano’s & Heyward’s contracts than stick with this fucking $180million LOSER.
    Bullpen is atrocious. 
    Got the W, but can’t keep giving up 9+ to shitty teams and expect to win. 
    When you score double digits 4 games in a row, and barely squeak out wins in 3 of them. :anguished::angry::i_dunno::dizzy:
    edited July 2018
    Really need to just start a reliever on Hendricks' day in the rotation and put Kyle in the 2nd or 3rd inning.  Has he pitched one fucking game this season without giving up 1st inning runs?
    1 offensive hit.  Guess it really doesn't matter if Hendricks gives up 10 runs or none.  Fucking pathetic assholes.
    :whistle:

Nothing to see here folks, just another "W"....with Wilson getting the win and Strop getting a save to boot. 11 hits and 5 runs too! I'll take it!
    Dyer, did you not have Internet access during the first part of today's game? :lol::lol:
  • PJWGIIIPJWGIII Chicago, IL Posts: 806
    Fun to see my favorite team show dominance in a sweep over my second favorite/AL team.
    "Red Rover, Red Rover, Mike McCready – Take Over!!" - E.V.

Ten Club "Ambassador" (recap-writer) - DEEP.pearljam.com
    : Chicago 2 (Wrigley Field) 8/20 | 20(20)22: St Louis 9/18 | 2023: Chicago 2 (United Center) 9/7, Indianapolis (Deer Creek) 9/10

EV:
    2018: CURE Benefit Show (Chicago - Navy Pier) 10/15

RIP: Andy, Kurt, Chris
    Dyer, did you not have Internet access during the first part of today's game? :lol::lol:
    I did but wasn't really concerned with the game.  I saw the final. I was at the pool all day.  My cute friend was all proud to be wearing a bikini for the first time in 4 years, so I was a little distracted.
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    I did but wasn't really concerned with the game.  I saw the final. I was at the pool all day.  My cute friend was all proud to be wearing a bikini for the first time in 4 years, so I was a little distracted.

you didn't watch the hot dog eating contest?

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

lolobugg said:

you didn't watch the hot dog eating contest?
    More predictable than the NBA Finals.
    Congrats to your cute friend...assuming that is NOT your alter ego...lol.

Seriously though, that's a big accomplishment for many people, so a real heartfelt congrats.