Options

2018 Euro Merch

Comments

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    If you look at old vintage Italian/French advertising posters, it kind looks like the artist was going for that look. But in no way does this look like a gig poster. 
    I think you nailed it here. Thats why this one works so well. 

Agreed, that's why i dig it.
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,934
    I'm out of the poster game for shows I don't attend, but I really love this one and the artist. May have to try for an AP. But seeing the negative reactions, I'll probably be able to get one from 10c easily too.

• Options
    If you look at old vintage Italian/French advertising posters, it kind looks like the artist was going for that look. But in no way does this look like a gig poster. 
    Please, post the best "gig poster" youve seen from Pearl Jam. Im still confused by what makes a poster a gig poster or not. 

Or are you talking about early 90s handbills? haha
    Munk One nailed it when he did the Chicago (theater), Seattle (Pike Place), and Pittsburgh (iron worker) posters. These were classic 'gig' posters in my mind.

Klausen with the reaper for the DC show (given the times) wasanother great gig poster.

Random dinosaurs and two eyed cowboys are just images with a band's name on a banner across the top. Sometimes decent, but not a great 'gig poster' in my mind.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 1,957
    Please, post the best "gig poster" youve seen from Pearl Jam. Im still confused by what makes a poster a gig poster or not. 

Munk One nailed it when he did the Chicago (theater), Seattle (Pike Place), and Pittsburgh (iron worker) posters. These were classic 'gig' posters in my mind.

Klausen with the reaper for the DC show (given the times) wasanother great gig poster.

Random dinosaurs and two eyed cowboys are just images with a band's name on a banner across the top. Sometimes decent, but not a great 'gig poster' in my mind.

usually its linked to the setlist in terms of what makes a poster good.

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,012

I agree:

Are these the official posters? What's the significance of some of these, such as the first one with the goddess-type woman?
    The problem, in my opinion, is that rock posters in general are detached from the show itself. 

the fusion of the artists together with that specific show (geographically, date wise etc) is what interests me.

Just getting some guy who's amazing at drawing crows, do draw a crow and throw Pearl Jam on top off it is quite boring to me. Or atlest, a missed opportunity.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    wwsuicidewwsuicide Posts: 1,303
    I know that some of these seem to be less desirable than others but it's quite refreshing to see new artists getting the PJ spotlight and really mixing it up some from previous tours. 
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    I actually dont mind this Milan one.  This and Tsang are good IMO.  
  • Options
    PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,873
    tino_11 said:
    rollandf said:
    the lightning bolt cap is new?

I think that might be the festival cap rather than a PJ specific cap
    Ahhh thanks
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,948
    I say London 1 is my fav
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Amsterdam 1 might be mine Even though it looks like some erotic fantasy novel from the 70s.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734

He has a really cool style, kinda reminds me of the 60s B movie horror movie posters. 
    Wish there was a little more going on with the background, but overall it's a cool/different look. 
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options

He has a really cool style, kinda reminds me of the 60s B movie horror movie posters. 
    Wish there was a little more going on with the background, but overall it's a cool/different look. 
    Yeah. I dig his art and warm colors. 

But for me, this was "empty" or underdeveloped.

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Looking through this guy's portfolio.... man he's got some great work!  Really digging his stuff.
  • Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734

Yeah. I dig his art and warm colors. 

But for me, this was "empty" or underdeveloped.

Exactly. The background could've used something. 
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,838
    Shipping confirmation on Miles print.
    Thanks @Santos L. Halper :) 
  • Options
    EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827
    edited June 2018
    demetrios said:
    X2

Received mine just before 11 EST. At first I wasn't into the print. But, after looking at it for some days, it grew on me. Thanks Santos for a chance of owning the print at a great price. No way would I've bought one at the flippers prices. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    Definitely the worst t-shirts ever.  I envision a lot of European merch mystery boxes on Black Friday this year.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Definitely the worst t-shirts ever.  I envision a lot of European merch mystery boxes on Black Friday this year.
    The biggest mistake I've ever done, after destroying things with my ex, was buying a mystery box from the tenclub.
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    edited June 2018
    mcgruff10 said:
    The biggest mistake I've ever done, after destroying things with my ex, was buying a mystery box from the tenclub.

I did the mystery poster tube. won't be doing that again. better chance that I would go see KISS in concert than gamble on a mystery box.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    mcgruff10 said:
    And you have shipping and customs charges too, right?  Yikes.  
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    deadendp said:
    mcgruff10 said:

don't forget Mr T-surt's commission

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    edited June 2018
    deadendp said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    That's pretty much the reason. The shipping from tenclub first which is just CRAZY, and on top of that customs charges and swedish VAT. 

That was a black hole my money was sunk into.

I do use the tote bag though. Most expensive tote bag Ive ever bought.
  • Options
    On a slightly different note, how is the sizing of the Euro shirts. I vary between medium to large, so struggle to get the best fit
    4784495 - Thomas 9
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,693
    On a slightly different note, how is the sizing of the Euro shirts. I vary between medium to large, so struggle to get the best fit
    Same as that but bought a medium shirt and fitted perfectly.
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    TristeluneTristelune Posts: 318
    If you’re used to US sizes I’d go large.
  • Options
    iO letsgoiO letsgo Posts: 186
    Dare I say Milan is my favorite so far.
    agreed!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,838
  • Options
    willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    demetrios said:
    Here comes a $15 customs charge too.