Options

Padova-Venice Travel

Going to Padova but staying in Venice. Could be tricky getting back to Venice post-show. Anyone interested in splitting a cab to get back to Venice after the show with me and my Pj Italy road trip buddy? 

Comments

• Options
    I may take you up on that. I think the trains run all night though so I’m going to have to find that out.
  • Options
    MH44377MH44377 Posts: 27
    don't think so! looks like the last train runs around 11:30 Padua-Venice unless they have special event trains. Anyway you can text me at +1 613 355 6233 to arrange. I am in Ottawa, Canada. 
  • Options
    Yeah, move the date to the 25th and you’ll see the early morning trains. Either way, I’ll text you when I get there 
  • Options
    NeutralMilkHotelNeutralMilkHotel Chicago Posts: 97
    A friend and I are also staying in Venice and traveling to Padova. We might be interested in splitting a cab too if the trains aren't available. 
  • Options
    First train I can see that morning of the 25th is 4:50 am! Not interested in waiting for that. anyways lets touch base on the 24th. text is easiest. many thanks and enjoy the show(s)!
  • Options
    update: i found an app that sets up road transit all over the world. i have a proposal from a driver with an 8-passenger mercedes van to drive back to venice post-show for 79 euros. will see what other offers come in but that is a good option if we can get several people on board to split the cost. 
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,835
    Just remember, the taxi will drop you off at the main Vaporetto station- Piazzale Roma. I haven't checked their schedules lately, but I don't think they run all night. Depending where your hotel is, you could be in for a very long walk. If you guys pool together, you can split a water taxi to your respective hotels. It would be at least a 100 euro but you can probably get 6-8 people into one which would cut the cost.
  • Options
    trevorjtrevorj Portland, Oregon Posts: 62
    I'm planning to stay in Venice and would be up for splitting the trip back with a group.

• Options
    StixumStixum Chicago, IL Posts: 32
    Same here - we're staying at the Hilton Molino and would be game for splitting a ride.

MH44377 - what app did you use?
    2009 - Chicago
    2010 - NY 2
    2012 - Music Midtown
    2013 - Charlotte, LA 1, LA 2, Wrigley
    2014 - St Louis, ACL Fest 2
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Columbia, Ottawa, Toronto, Fenway 1, Fenway 2, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, San Fran 2 (TOTD), LA (TOTD)
    2017 - Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
    2018 - London 1, London 2, Padova, Seattle 2, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2021 - Ohana 1
    2022 - Las Vegas, Nashville, St. Louis
    2023 - St. Paul 1, St. Paul 2, Chicago 1, Chicago 2, Noblesville
  • Options
    app is called GetTransfer
  • Options
    DelylaDelyla Posts: 18
    Hello, me and friend would both be willing to share a ride back to Venice.  Count us in if anyone needs 2 more.  

Delyla
  • Options
    iO letsgoiO letsgo Posts: 186
    +2!!!  please contact me if you have space available or would like to coordinate a ride back to Venice.  We are staying 10 min from San Marco square near the Arsenale water bus stop.  Cheers!
  • Options
    Staying at Hotel Bisanzio and going as well.  Would also be interested in joining trip back from Padua.  Can text me at 1-516-353-9068
  • Options
    shanmurph1shanmurph1 Posts: 50
    We are 2 staying in Venice too. I have tickets on last train, but doubt we will make it. If anyone is setting up van, send a text 646-235-8810. I also downloaded an app called GoOpti. It seems like Uber. You can do shared rides or private.  Thanks! Shannon
  • Options
    iO letsgoiO letsgo Posts: 186
    anyone interested in splitting a ride after the show from Padova to Venice please text me at +1-630-816-0577
    Cheers!