Options

The Food Thread

Comments

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,616
    4 am sphincter pain is most often a bad thing!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,616
    Was what I had on my fridge for hot sauces as I cleaned it out last week:

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Hahahaha that's quite a variety!  
    Time to pitch some and get new ones lol
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    Hahahaha that's quite a variety!  
    Time to pitch some and get new ones lol
    That is why I cannot seem to finish off the old ones.
    Some of them are too fucking hot or I dont like the flavor...but most of them I do enjoy.
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,463
    Was what I had on my fridge for hot sauces as I cleaned it out last week:

OMG!!! That looks like my BBQ Sauce collection
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    Lol, they take up two door shelves.  My wife gripes but she has most of the rest of the fridge for her stuff.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,598
    Dude, I gotta do the same 
  • Options
    I need to start bottling commercially and sell it all right here, I'd make a fortune lol
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    I am keen to try making a Moroccan chicken tagine tonight. Never tried making Moroccan.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    I love eating that but never made it.  
  • Options
    I just bought myself this tagine at a reasonable price. Had to hunt around and only one local retailer sells them.
    I look forward to making it tonight, now to my trip to the supermarket to get the ingredients.

Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    End result....
    It was very, very good but after a while I found it hard to have more mouthfuls, you know the feeling when you have a really nice cake but after a while it gets sickening. I don't know why that was the case, maybe too much on the sweet side? Maybe less fruit, cinnamon, sugar next time?

• Options
    edited June 2018
    One of those meals that tastes better than it looks.
    When we go for Moroccan, it is a shared thing with a bunch of courses where you eat a small amount of each course.  
    It is also in dim lighting.  ;)
  • Options
    I reckon it looks good too in photo haha.
    I have never been to a Moroccan restaurant. Will have to try it.
    I remember years ago trying a bit of lamb tagine at a work function. It was okay but we made it ourselves (work day out at a cooking class) so the chef's sucked haha.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Chelsea Fire Wicked Hot Sauce has been my everyday sauce for a while now. I can't believe that Massholes make a sauce that has this much flavor.

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    Chelsea Fire Wicked Hot Sauce has been my everyday sauce for a while now. I can't believe that Massholes make a sauce that has this much flavor.

Which one do you suggest?  (Assuming they make a variety.)  Will have to order some of that shit up.
  • Options
    My meal for the day today is lunch.
    Good stuff..the three egg, goat cheese omelette was amazing.  Sounds dumb the say but it is one of the best things I make right now, after much practice.  Exactly to my tastes.  I think most people's omelettes are overcooked, overstuffed, shit.
    Different hot sauces for the beans and the eggs.

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    dankind said:

Which one do you suggest?  (Assuming they make a variety.)  Will have to order some of that shit up.
    They only make one sauce. It separates, so you have to shake it before using. It's a little on the thin side, but it has a great flavor profile. The heat is nice, too. It leaves a mark, but it's not the type that wakes you up in the middle of the night.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Nice, thanks!
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    I somehow managed not to be woken up early this morning.  I don't really know how, because the Nasties were fucking on fire last night.  I shed a tear after the first wing.
  • Options
    I somehow managed not to be woken up early this morning.  I don't really know how, because the Nasties were fucking on fire last night.  I shed a tear after the first wing.
    :lol:
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Los Calientes is sooooooooo good!!  It might be my new every day sauce.
  • Options
    i so appreciate this food for thought thread and the men and women that take the time to grow, cook and revel in the gustatory glory this world has to offer....mine today was left overs...roast pork loin to pink, marinated in jerk sauce and 1 quarter onion..,thinly sliced fried in its own fat and drippings added mung bean noodles into the iron pan...laid to rest on a bed of baby arugula tossed added a dash of herbed sea salt, chile habanero hot sauce El yucateco (every day spice of life)...paired with  Howling Moon craft cider Makers Series,,lemon hops....infused with lemon verbena and citra hops flowers ... special treat that is grown  and brewed in Oliver. BC,  fruit  and hops flowers grown on the little acreage.,the fruit basket of Canada...great to source my alcohol from a hundred mile radius...and from a small family run business just discovered on a run through the okanagan valley...incredible drive and sensory cleanse...
  • Options
    i so appreciate this food for thought thread and the men and women that take the time to grow, cook and revel in the gustatory glory this world has to offer....mine today was left overs...roast pork loin to pink, marinated in jerk sauce and 1 quarter onion..,thinly sliced fried in its own fat and drippings added mung bean noodles into the iron pan...laid to rest on a bed of baby arugula tossed added a dash of herbed sea salt, chile habanero hot sauce El yucateco (every day spice of life)...paired with  Howling Moon craft cider Makers Series,,lemon hops....infused with lemon verbena and citra hops flowers ... special treat that is grown  and brewed in Oliver. BC,  fruit  and hops flowers grown on the little acreage.,the fruit basket of Canada...great to source my alcohol from a hundred mile radius...and from a small family run business just discovered on a run through the okanagan valley...incredible drive and sensory cleanse...
    Amazing!
  • Options
    Los Calientes is sooooooooo good!!  It might be my new every day sauce.
    Oh I gotta get some of that to try...
  • Options
    NinetytworulesNinetytworules Boston Posts: 454
    Octopus in Padova.
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,835
    Octopus in Padova.
    Yes. Nice Polpo. What's the garnish?
  • Options
    Baby pi!
  • Options
    Berry season in the Midwest!  Strawberries on the way out, black raspberries in full swing, blueberries just barely starting, and blackberries to follow.  Glorious Mother Earth!  Thank you!

Wild Strawberries and blackberries I don't cultivate and only pick enough for snacking fresh, cultivated blueberry bushes are only in second harvest so I will have enough for snacking and probably 2-4 loaves of blueberry bread.
    Black raspberries I have a wild stand that manage and that's where the bulk comes from. If I pick diligently I get about 3 struck quarts/day for 6-10 days, depending on the season.  The yeild stays pretty consistent, my picking varies and the fruit quality diminishes on a 3 year cycle.  At the end of the cycle the berries are small and tart, when I prune and they recover the berries are huge and sweet.  The tart berries make the best jelly.
    The amount I eat fresh and lay up varies, but this year I'm focused on making enough jelly to last the year and gift to those I love most.

First summer squash is ready today or tomorrow and day lilies are in full bloom.
    What a glorious time of year!