*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582

There was a rumor they were looking to jump into top 5 for Doncic if he slips a little. And I've seen they're interested in Trae Young too....

I'd stay at 10.

Especially considering the last draft trade they made. I'd be scurred.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171

There was a rumor they were looking to jump into top 5 for Doncic if he slips a little. And I've seen they're interested in Trae Young too....

I'd stay at 10.

Trae Young doesn't fit with Simmons and Embiid.  He is a guy that needs the ball and too short to defend anything but a point.  Zhaire Smith is interesting. they are bringing him in for a 2nd workout.  Not sure he is worth the 10th pick though although his stock has really risen.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170

I'd stay at 10.

Especially considering the last draft trade they made. I'd be scurred.
    Turribly scurred.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400

I'd stay at 10.

The RUMOR i heard is the Hawks are considering Doncic at #3. 

But, for  the sake of discussion, If the 76ers got Doncic (I've seen him play a lot this season on TV & on my Laptop):

The positives:
     He has a great basketball IQ who has played against MEN for a few years, though he's only 19. Sees the court & passes very well at 6' 8". He'll move the ball , which would fit into the 76ers offense. He shoots pretty well too, so he'll be able to hit open shots which the 76ers need too. He'd be a good combo of a good passer and a good enough shooter. He's played almost a NBA schedule this past season(Spain season just ended yesterday) beginning with Euro Basket with Slovenia(who he & Goran Dragic won the Gold) and playing in the Spain & the Euro League. His team, Real Madrid, won BOTH Championships. Kids a winner.

The negatives:
    He's not the most athletic player. He could have a tough time defending at the NBA level. He could have a tough time creating his own shot as the shot clock winds down.  I think he's , on TV anyway, looks a little pudgy &  he needs to lose a little weight.  I think he's more of a point guard, but can play the 2 & 3, which the 76ers do NOT need a PG.

Trae Young? Man, the kid can SHOOT from  anywhere, and passes well. But, he's very small( measured 6' at the combine), and skinny. Will he be able to defend at all?

But, the chances both are there when the 76ers pick? Not good. Unless they trade up.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    cutz said:

I'd stay at 10.

The RUMOR i heard is the Hawks are considering Doncic at #3. 

But, for  the sake of discussion, If the 76ers got Doncic (I've seen him play a lot this season on TV & on my Laptop):

The positives:
     He has a great basketball IQ who has played against MEN for a few years, though he's only 19. Sees the court & passes very well at 6' 8". He'll move the ball , which would fit into the 76ers offense. He shoots pretty well too, so he'll be able to hit open shots which the 76ers need too. He'd be a good combo of a good passer and a good enough shooter. He's played almost a NBA schedule this past season(Spain season just ended yesterday) beginning with Euro Basket with Slovenia(who he & Goran Dragic won the Gold) and playing in the Spain & the Euro League. His team, Real Madrid, won BOTH Championships. Kids a winner.

The negatives:
    He's not the most athletic player. He could have a tough time defending at the NBA level. He could have a tough time creating his own shot as the shot clock winds down.  I think he's , on TV anyway, looks a little pudgy &  he needs to lose a little weight.  I think he's more of a point guard, but can play the 2 & 3, which the 76ers do NOT need a PG.

Trae Young? Man, the kid can SHOOT from  anywhere, and passes well. But, he's very small( measured 6' at the combine), and skinny. Will he be able to defend at all?

But, the chances both are there when the 76ers pick? Not good. Unless they trade up.
    Cutz....always dropping the knowledge. Good stuff man
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    pjhawks said:
    so draft talk...for Sixers as I stated Mikal Bridges is the best fit I think.  Saw a rumor they were exploring trading up to get him.  If not him I do like Kevin Knox as well.  I like Lonnie Walker a lot too.  think he will be a  good player down the line a bit.  Not a fan of Miles Bridges from Michigan State. Not sure where he fits in the NBA. Is he a 3 or a 4?  Wasn't all that impressed with him at Michigan State either.  Wasn't a big fan of Gilges-Alexander (i'm sure i spelled that wrong)  from Kentucky either.  I know a lot of people like his length for a point guard but I didn't think he did anything exceptionally well as a college player.   Should be an interesting draft with all the nova guys.

Got your guy.
    chinese-happy.jpg

chinese-happy.jpg

chinese-happy.jpg
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    :clap:

Does his mom work for the Sixers?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    So happy right now. Didn’t realize his mom works in hr for the Sixers though. Gotta be a little weird for him
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    well that sucks, they traded him to the suns :angry:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    well that sucks, they traded him to the suns :angry:

Sources: Philadelphia is trading Mikal Bridges to Phoenix for Zhaire Smith.

6:12 PM - 21 Jun 2018
    edited June 2018
    Right now, i'm NOT HAPPY!

I admit i did not see Zhaire Smith play, but he BETTER BE GOOD. 

You know how much pressure Smith now has?
    Post edited by cutz on
    It’s an unprotected first though....Bret Brown channeling his inner Hinkie. Another move coming?
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited June 2018
    It’s an unprotected first though....Bret Brown channeling his inner Hinkie. Another move coming?
    I won't be surprised if there is another move.

Yeah, it's unprotected, but the future is NOW!
    Post edited by cutz on
    Wait, the Sixers drafted the nova kid then traded him? Juggs, my man. Hahahahha 
    Dude, I can’t stop laughing at this. How do they do that 
    edited June 2018
    Hahaha...I was watching his Sixers press conference live when the the trade was announced. His mom is definitely quitting, right? 

This ‘21 unprotected first is a huge asset though. It’s supposed to be the year they can draft high schoolers again too. Maybe they’re going after Kawhi now. Saw a report saying they were interested in Smith...
    chinese-happy.jpg

Zhaire Smith attempted 40 three pointers this past season Mikal Bridges attempted 239 three pointers this past season

Hahaha...I was watching his Sixers press conference live when the the trade was announced. His mom is definitely quitting, right? 

This ‘21 unprotected first is a huge asset though. It’s supposed to be the year they can draft high schoolers again too. Maybe they’re going after Kawhi now. Saw a report saying they were interested in Smith...
    But it’s 2021. Is the world even gonna be here? You gotta do something big and no way she shows up tomorrow. 

I woulda shit myself I’d the giants traded Barkley. Anyone check on that crossing broad dude? He still alive?

Unless the 76ers can be SURE they could sign Leonard long term, i do NOT want them to make that trade. Especially if ALL REPORTS are TRUE that he wants to go to LA.  It'd be a waste unless they win the Championship next year.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    HINKIEEEEEEE

Cliff, good chance the Crossing Broad dude is dead...maybe, hopefully. I bet dollars to doughnuts if this wasn't Bridges he'd LOVE this move.
     Landrey Shamut. Another Guard? 

There has to be a trade or "something" or they have NO faith in Fultz?
    “We are star hunting.”

Man I love Bret Brown 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    cutz said:

Smith was one of the many who couldn't do diddly against Nova in the Elite 8 game this year...for what it's worth.

I don't like it.  Bridges was the perfect fit for this team.  A perimeter defender who can shoot.   NBA front offices love to make moves to try to make themselves look smart. 

I like Landry Shamet with the later pick though. Nice backup pg with a good shot.
    pjhawks said:
    cutz said:

Smith was one of the many who couldn't do diddly against Nova in the Elite 8 game this year...for what it's worth.

I don't like it.  Bridges was the perfect fit for this team.  A perimeter defender who can shoot.   NBA front offices love to make moves to try to make themselves look smart. 

I like Landry Shamet with the later pick though. Nice backup pg with a good shot.
    HAHAHA>Well, that's how much Smith impressed me, because i saw that game but i did not remember him playing. 

76ers waited how many years to get that Laker pick? They come off a 52 win season and have the #10 pick in a DEEP Draft ..........  i would expected more. You know what you would get from Mikal Bridges. Hell, i ALMOST wish they rolled the dice and took Michael Porter JR.

I'm with you on Mikal Bridges. 

I like Landry Shamet too because he has a good shot. 

I'm listening to Philly Sports talk and i think i have to turn it off.  Don't know who this guys is on WIP right now, but he's saying the 76ers HAVE to get Khawhi Leonard. Why? He's NOT staying more then 1 YEAR!( IF all reports are correct with him wanting LA)
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Wild night. Trying to recruit the Greek Freak by drafting his brother?  I know I haven't been watching as much NCAA basketball as I used to but man I didn't see many of these guys play, including Smith and the 26th pick.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    edited June 2018
    JK_Livin said:
    Wild night. Trying to recruit the Greek Freak by drafting his brother?  I know I haven't been watching as much NCAA basketball as I used to but man I didn't see many of these guys play, including Smith and the 26th pick.
    since they traded him I don't think so.  lol

Love what they did last night.  Adding some guards hopefully means a reduced role for McConnell.  I don't have to root for Nova dorks (my nova hatred aside, I don't think bridges is anything special.  dude is 22 and weighs 100 pounds.  guess they don't have weight rooms on the main line).  And they pick up a major future asset while clearing cap space for free agent runs.  I think they are going to go hard after kawhi -- if that happens, I could see the GOAT coming here as a free agent.  Gonna be an interesting next few weeks...
    Post edited by The Fixer on
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    The Fixer said:
    JK_Livin said:
    since they traded him I don't think so.  lol

Love what they did last night.  Adding some guards hopefully means a reduced role for McConnell.  I don't have to root for Nova dorks (my nova hatred aside, I don't think bridges is anything special.  dude is 22 and weighs 100 pounds.  guess they don't have weight rooms on the main line).  And they pick up a major future asset while clearing cap space for free agent runs.  I think they are going to go hard after kawhi -- if that happens, I could see the GOAT coming here as a free agent.  Gonna be an interesting next few weeks...
    Funny, I can't even keep up with the trades
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer