The AMT Marijuana Thread

Comments

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    I also fully support the right for people to choose his/her own supplier.  Many people have great relationships with their dealer, some dealers even deliver free and no tax to pay  ... these people are not leaving their dealer only to be scammed by the government ... believe me pot heads can do the math.  

Give Peas A Chance…
    October 17th is the official day that all Canadians can toke without being hassled.  I fully expect our PM and Former PM Stephen Harper to share a joint on Parliament Hill...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    This article has a bit more information on the issue of prior criminal convictions for possession and the possibility of pardons. It seems that individual members, at least, are preparing to introduce legislation around pardons but the feds at this point want to wait until after legalization is in place. 

http://www.timescolonist.com/news/local/pardons-impairment-provincial-approvals-linger-in-new-pot-regime-1.23343438
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    This article has a bit more information on the issue of prior criminal convictions for possession and the possibility of pardons. It seems that individual members, at least, are preparing to introduce legislation around pardons but the feds at this point want to wait until after legalization is in place. 

http://www.timescolonist.com/news/local/pardons-impairment-provincial-approvals-linger-in-new-pot-regime-1.23343438
    I hope these people records are cleared ...

Give Peas A Chance…
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited June 2018
    brianlux said:
    If you have a doctors script its been legal for a while.   Only a fool would not have a doctors script....
    Anywhere, or in Canada?
    Not quite sure I understand your question, but the medicinal marijuana program is legal throughout Canada and has been for several years. 
    That is totally true, although I've always found it interesting that in a lot of cases people were still breaking the law by even going to any of the medical dispensaries that have existed. Canada's medical weed program is in fact quite restrictive, with only about a dozen actual legal growers supplying, and everyone truly doing it legally had to get it exclusively by mail through those few registered, government sanctioned suppliers. Every single medical dispensary in the country has been and still is technically illegal. Local and provincial government simply tolerated them anyhow (or not).
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Personally I will never give up my script ... 
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Wow, they've been busy! That's a lot more than the last time I checked. Seems that many, many more were licensed in the past year or so, obviously in preparation for legalization.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    So do you really have any medical need for a script? I get the impression that you think everyone, including perfectly healthy people, should have one.... To me that seems like a pretty bad position to put doctors in. I think any doctor handing out scripts to healthy people could be risking their practice.
    BTW, my medical dispensary very recently decided to do away with checking for medical cards. Anyone can go in there now, as long as they're 19+. That means they have the same access to the medical supply as anyone with a script, for the same price. So at least for the BC Pain Society, a script has been rendered utterly useless.
    PJ_Soul said:
    So do you really have any medical need for a script? I get the impression that you think everyone, including perfectly healthy people, should have one.... To me that seems like a pretty bad position to put doctors in. I think any doctor handing out scripts to healthy people could be risking their practice.
    BTW, my medical dispensary very recently decided to do away with checking for medical cards. Anyone can go in there now, as long as they're 19+. That means they have the same access to the medical supply as anyone with a script, for the same price. So at least for the BC Pain Society, a script has been rendered utterly useless.
    yes I do.  I carefully discussed the need with my doctor.  My doctor is 73 and very open minded.  I originally started using it for sleep...and for me it works wonders for sleep, but the biggest benefit has been the help it's given me for my anxiety...and there have been other benefits.  Since becoming a regular user I have had 0 colds, is that a coincidence? I had high cholesterol, high blood pressure, and am a type 2 diabetic...before the medicinal weed I was on medicine for all 3 ... now I take 0 pharmaceuticals with my sugar, blood pressure and cholesterol in normal range.  Coincidence?   Now I realize the medicinal wasn't the total cure all for some of my ailments but I do believe it has helped tremendously...but the only way to truly know its benefits is for weed to be studied in a lab with actual human trials (should have no shortage of volunteers) ... there is a lot of ground to be covered.  Because its been banned for so long in so many places I feel the medical researchers lost so many years to study it's benefit.  Now that it's legal in Canada I really think Canada can become world leaders on medicinal marijuana research and it's benefits.

Oddly I've never found a strain that helps much with pain.

The reason I hope people hang onto their script is so doctors keep filling out the paper work ... my concern is that some doctors who were filling out the paper work might not see the need now that it's legal...

My hope is that someday more insurance companies will eventually start covering the script.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    edited June 2018
    I agree that weed doesn't necessarily help for pain. I've tried that too, and it actually made my pain worse. Like, it still hurt as much, and now the pain is tripping me out too. Not cool, lol.
    I also use it for chronic insomnia and anxiety. It definitely helps. I won't speak to what else you think it might have helped with... I've definitely never heard about it eliminating the need for diabetes meds or high cholesterol (FWIW, what's pretty much a literal cure for most cases of type 2 diabetes is switching to and staying on a low-carb diet (20g net carbs/day. But I'm sure you know that already!). Perhaps the cholesterol thing is a result of a diet change that resulted from using weed? And perhaps the blood pressure thing was helped by a reduction in anxiety and/or the same thing that was making the cholesterol lower.
    Yes, more clinical trials need to be done when it come to medical use.
    Me, I never had a real script - I just fell through the cracks in an unregulated system and got a medical card without a prescription, even though they said they required one. But I had planned on getting one - they just handed me a card before I got around to it, lol.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    PJ_Soul said:
    I agree that weed doesn't necessarily help for pain. I've tried that too, and it actually made my pain worse. Like, it still hurt as much, and now the pain is tripping me out too. Not cool, lol.
    I also use it for chronic insomnia and anxiety. It definitely helps. I won't speak to what else you think it might have helped with... I've definitely never heard about it eliminating the need for diabetes meds or high cholesterol (FWIW, what's pretty much a literal cure for most cases of type 2 diabetes is switching to and staying on a low-carb diet (20g net carbs/day. But I'm sure you know that already!). Perhaps the cholesterol thing is a result of a diet change that resulted from using weed? And perhaps the blood pressure thing was helped by a reduction in anxiety and/or the same thing that was making the cholesterol lower.
    Yes, more clinical trials need to be done when it come to medical use.
    Me, I never had a real script - I just fell through the cracks in an unregulated system and got a medical card without a prescription, even though they said they required one. But I had planned on getting one - they just handed me a card before I got around to it, lol.
    I'm not saying it was the sole reason for me being able to drop those meds ... but cannabis has played a significant role that allowed me to make the necessary lifestyle changes.  As you obviously know it can helped with sleep ... in my case it really helps, when I would suffer through sleepless nights (a lot of them), I went straight for the fridge and gained significant weight which lead to those high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and type 2 ... by me now being able sleep at night keeps me away from the fridge and I've lost significant weight...also I should mention, the stuff I buy rarely gives me the munchies.  So to me it all started by using it for sleep, so once I got my sleep in order it was easier to make those lifestyle changes.  I try to avoid carbs when possible.  So you have not found a strain that works for pain?  I know people who claim it helps them with pain...

I believe  Harper improved the medicinal licensing process ... at one time you had to submit the forms to health canada for approval, he removed health canada from the process and now its just between you and your doctor...once the script is fax to medical marijuana company you choose, you are usually able to order within 24 hours, now shoppers drug mart has applied to health canada to get into the game.  Now if you wanna grow for medical purposes you still need health Canada's approval, and I believe growing with health Canada's permission you can grow a lot more...there are even clinics that fill out the necessary forms and submit them to health Canada.

Believe me this should be a proud moment for Canada.  We have a real chance to become world leaders in everything Cannabis...

Sooner or later more countries are going to legalize it and this could give our companies a opportunity at some major expansion.

I buy from a great local company.  They are constantly expanding, these expansions are in the millions...just incredible the growth.  I just hope these companies stay in Canadian hands.  I just wish I had a few bucks to spare to buy some stocks in some of these companies...

Good for Trudeau to follow through.  Just to bad Ontario is fucking it up.  I understand the Fords have experience in that line of work...so maybe he'll change it.  Actually I think I heard on the radio that Doug Ford is considering selling Cannabis in the LCBO store (ontario liquor store), I'd have no problem with that.  The stores are already built and well staffed and they are selling a much worse substance...however my preferred solution would have been allowing entrepreneurs the opportunity to make a little green...

It's nice to know that no more young people will end up in the system from using cannabis...

I really hope the medical research takes off.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
    I do want to clarify this ... I realize cannabis may not work for everyone and may not be for everyone.  But there are far too many people who claim they get benefits from it.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    I do want to clarify this ... I realize cannabis may not work for everyone and may not be for everyone.  But there are far too many people who claim they get benefits from it.  
    I can vouch for that.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

What would happen if every US state legalized it?  Could this force the federal governments hands to finally legalize it federally?
    Give Peas A Chance…
    What would happen if every US state legalized it?  Could this force the federal governments hands to finally legalize it federally?
    I would think it would have to but I also doubt every state will legalize it.  But maybe someday.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

brianlux said:
    I would think it would have to but I also doubt every state will legalize it.  But maybe someday.
    I agree not every state will legalize it ... 
    Give Peas A Chance…
    edited June 2018
    brianlux said:
    Their loss! 

I do think that if enough states legalized pot it could become legal nationwide.  Isn't that what happened in Canada?  It will be legal all over Canada in October, correct?

brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    Their loss! 

I do think that if enough states legalized pot it could become legal nationwide.  Isn't that what happened in Canada?  It will be legal all over Canada in October, correct?
    Yes, it will be legal all over Canada come mid October, but no, that’s not how it happened. As of right now medicinal marijuana is legal federally but nothing else is legal. Enforcement  is uneven and generally not pursued except some jurisdictions that are more conservative than others. 

brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    Their loss! 

Yes, it will be legal all over Canada come mid October, but no, that’s not how it happened. As of right now medicinal marijuana is legal federally but nothing else is legal. Enforcement  is uneven and generally not pursued except some jurisdictions that are more conservative than others. 

In that case, I would definitely get a medical card if I lived up north in beautiful Canada.

brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    Their loss! 

I am a medicinal user ... so I am completely legal.  Even after legalization I will keep my script.  I am a legit medicinal user.  And I encourage everyone to get a script if they can.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
    I am having a very stressful time today and am smoking some ... and it sure helps settle the the anxiety.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    I am having a very stressful time today and am smoking some ... and it sure helps settle the the anxiety.
    Sorry to hear about the stress.  Not fun.  Glad you're getting some relief!

brianlux said:
    Thanks Brian.  Sometimes when I lash out its due to anxiety...but weed really settles me.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    brianlux said:
    Thanks Brian.  Sometimes when I lash out its due to anxiety...but weed really settles me.
    No worries, man.  It's all good.

brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    No worries, man.  It's all good.
    Thanks Brian.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Brian, here's some further information about how the process has been working in Victoria at least, during the period pre-legalization but after police ceased enforcement except for those behaving in a way that seemed against the public interest. 

http://www.timescolonist.com/news/local/victoria-cannabis-landscape-set-to-shift-as-pot-rush-ends-1.23345081
    Brian, here's some further information about how the process has been working in Victoria at least, during the period pre-legalization but after police ceased enforcement except for those behaving in a way that seemed against the public interest. 

http://www.timescolonist.com/news/local/victoria-cannabis-landscape-set-to-shift-as-pot-rush-ends-1.23345081
    An interesting article, thanks.  I'm told that here in California (and probably elsewhere) the zoning laws and other regulations are problematic for growers who were in operation before legalization (even before recreational use was legalized).  There's something to be said about that kind of pioneer spirit home enterprise.  And a lot of them enjoyed a lucrative tax-free occupation. 

But the flip side was that many of these growing operations were being secured by dangerous means including armed guards.  I knew a man who worked for the forest service and his job could be scary and dangerous at times because he never knew when he might stumble on an illegal grow.  Despite all the regulations, it's a much safer environment when made legal!

edited June 2018
    brianlux said:
    It will be legalized federally before every state does that.
    I think the US will definitely legalize eventually, as more and more other countries do so, and while more and more states go for it. Canada and Uruguay are just the first two nations - I think now that Canada's done it, the domino effect is likely to take hold over the next several years. Probably Britain will be next, but we'll see.
    PJ_Soul said:
    brianlux said:
    It will be legalized federally before every state does that.
    I think the US will definitely legalize eventually, as more and more other countries do so, and while more and more states go for it. Canada and Uruguay are just the first two nations - I think now that Canada's done it, the domino effect is likely to take hold over the next several years. Probably Britain will be next, but we'll see.
    If Obama did not push for legalization I predict it will never be approved federally in the US ... Big Pharma, The alcohol industry and now I've read that these rehab clinics now spend money to lobby the government to keep weed illegal. Fuck the politicians I don't need their permission to medicate myself with something far safer than shit coming from big Pharma.
    Give Peas A Chance…