Options

Your opinion about Immigration.

Comments

• Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    His predecessors did the same thing.  Where was the outrage then?
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,621
    unsung said:
    It's irrelevant what anyone else did in the past.  Do you think it's right to separate the families or not?  That's what it comes down to.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    unsung said:
    Difference:

I don't single out users and talk shit.

I don't single you out, I single out your awful ideas/opinions and complete lack of empathy for others. You talk shit and dismiss the Parkland kids for taking a stand, you said you only have empathy for the taxpayers in this child snatching fiasco (I mean, really?)

I'm sure you are a good dude, but you come across as giving zero fucks about anybody but yourself.  

and trust me, I don't hide behind a screen, I would tell you to your face that I think you are wrong, and you can tell me I'm a liberal snowflake, and we can order another round. God Bless America, pass the ammo 

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,512
    edited June 2018
    unsung said:
    No they didn't. The only kids who were separated from their parents by his predecessors were in rare cases where the parents were specifically deemed unfit to care for them. Any other children under their custody before were unaccompanied minors. What's happening now absolutely was NOT done before at all, and I'm getting fucking sick of that lie being repeated over and over and over again, no matter how clearly that lie has been proven untrue. This is a NEW "zero-tolerance" policy created by the Trump administration, one that is literally keeping children hostages in warehouses for political gain and that imprisons children as a means of deterrence for desperate people, and that is a fact.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    unsung said:

incorrect
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,725
    edited June 2018
    he needs to be impeached or resign along with his whole administration
    This is something I hear a lot of people say on a nearly daily basis, but isn't there an argument to be made that Trump might be MORE dangerous if he was forced out of office? He doesn't have "supporters." He has FANS. And they are hardcore fucking fans. The type that might revolt if he was impeached and voted out of office.

What I'm about to type would sound ridiculous if it wasn't 2018 in America.....

A Trump impeachment could lead to a sort of Civil War. If voted out of office, he certainly wouldn't just throw his hands up and say "oh well." He'd rally his "troops" into a frenzy that could lead to some horrible displays on their part. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised (again, this would sound crazy if I wasn't talking about Trump and his fans) if Trump could rally some of his most supportive states to succeed from the nation. "The Trump States of America."

I know...everything I just typed is either completely insane, completely possible, or both.
    Post edited by Ledbetterman10 on
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    This is something I hear a lot of people say on a nearly daily basis, but isn't there an argument to be made that Trump might be MORE dangerous if he was forced out of office? He doesn't have "supporters." He has FANS. And they are hardcore fucking fans. The type that might revolt if he was impeached and voted out of office.

A Trump impeachment could lead to a sort of Civil War. If voted out of office, he certainly wouldn't just throw his hands up and say "oh well." He'd rally his "troops" into a frenzy that could lead to some horrible displays on their part. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised (again, this would sound crazy if I wasn't talking about Trump and his fans) if Trump could rally some of his most supportive states to succeed from the nation. "The Trump States of America."

I know...everything I just typed is either completely insane, completely possible, or both.
    I really don't think his idiot fans are bright enough to start a revolution in any case, but even if they are, no, I don't think it's right to keep an evil, destructive, criminal leader in office just because his moronic supporters might be mad about it. Is such a revolt in the realm of possibilities? I suppose, technically. Should that be a deterrent to doing what's right? No. Even if that did happen, that would just be something America and the world would also have to deal with. If he actually has supporters who are that fucking crazy and rabid and want America to be like their vision that badly, then they probably need to be fought in any case, and sooner is usually better than later I figure. And I think these yahoos would end up being pretty damn easy to beat until the entire US military decided to get involved in a coup against America's government and laws, and I don't really see them doing that in the name of Trump. 
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

I really don't think his idiot fans are bright enough to start a revolution in any case, but even if they are, no, I don't think it's right to keep an evil, destructive, criminal leader in office just because his moronic supporters might be mad about it. Is such a revolt in the realm of possibilities? I suppose, technically. Should that be a deterrent to doing what's right? No. Even if that did happen, that would just be something America and the world would also have to deal with. If he actually has supporters who are that fucking crazy and rabid and want America to be like their vision that badly, then they probably need to be fought in any case, and sooner is usually better than later I figure. And I think these yahoos would end up being pretty damn easy to beat until the entire US military decided to get involved in a coup against America's government and laws, and I don't really see them doing that in the name of Trump. 

I guess I just expect the worst with some of these people.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Well Trump just signed an order disallowing the separation of families.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/in-reversal-trump-signs-order-stopping-family-separation/ar-AAyUE7S?ocid=spartanntp

Now begins the process of getting these 2,500 kids back to their families, and in my opinion, there is no chance in hell that every one of those kids is going to get where they need to be.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,968

Didn't Trump say that he wasn't going away during the primaries when the GOP didn't want him there?

There are also people that do believe a war is coming.

There are some crazy people out there...

Thread integrity:

Trump is supposed to sign something to stop the separation of children from their parents?  I didn't think he'd stop.  If he signs an executive order I'd be shocked.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/in-reversal-trump-signs-order-stopping-family-separation/ar-AAyUE7S?ocid=spartanntp

Now begins the process of getting these 2,500 kids back to their families, and in my opinion, there is no chance in hell that every one of those kids is going to get where they need to be.
    what a fucking idiot fraud. no order was needed for the original policy, but obviously he's trying to put blame on the democrats STILL for this by using an order to reverse his position. 

evil piece of shit. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,086
    American Airlines doing the right thing.....

Hmmm denying a service to someone cause you disagree....sounds like the cake thing.

hippiemom = goodness
  • Options

his plan, cooked up by Stephen "Nazi" Miller and Jeff "KKK" Sessions, failed miserably and he knows it.......

• Options

what a fucking idiot fraud. no order was needed for the original policy, but obviously he's trying to put blame on the democrats STILL for this by using an order to reverse his position. 

evil piece of shit. 
    Yep, and some people will still be fooled by it and think that Trump just axed a bad law that was created by the Democrats.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options

Hmmm denying a service to someone cause you disagree....sounds like the cake thing.

one is discrimination. the other is not. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822

You’re not serious, I hope. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822

PJ_Soul said:

I don’t think intelligence has ever been a requirement to start an armed conflict; in fact, generally the reverse. 

my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,830

Executive order signed. Now I hope the left and the right can come together and fix the problem. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

I guess I just expect the worst with some of these people.
    So do I... I just have far more confidence in their ineptitudes than I do their abilities, lol.
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    mrussel1 said:
    unsung said:
    It's irrelevant what anyone else did in the past.  Do you think it's right to separate the families or not?  That's what it comes down to.
    It isn't irrelevant at all.  It is US policy.  And the outrage has nothing to do with children, just more anti-Trump.  Everyone gets it but all of you.
  • Options
    unsung said:
    mrussel1 said:
    unsung said:
    It isn't irrelevant at all.  It is US policy.  And the outrage has nothing to do with children, just more anti-Trump.  Everyone gets it but all of you.

total horseshit
  • Options
    unsung said:
    mrussel1 said:
    unsung said:
    did obama separate children from their families? no
    did he detain some? yes
    why?
    because they came over unaccompanied by adults (or the parents/caregivers were deemed unfit), so they were detained until they could be safely transported back. 

how the fuck is that the same as what trump is doing?

detaining illegal crosses IS US policy. but separating children from their parents is a UNIQUELY trump policy. seems like you're the one who isn't getting it. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options

PJ_Soul said:

I don’t think intelligence has ever been a requirement to start an armed conflict; in fact, generally the reverse. 

I disagree. I have never heard of any political revolution that was lead by morons actually, let alone ones that were successful. Why do you think that such events are generally lead by idiots?
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,281

Wait for it it's coming i bet any amount that he issues statement saying , he swooped in to save the day to save the kids from this horrible policy that the democrats implemented ! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

I disagree. I have never heard of any political revolution that was lead by morons actually, let alone ones that were successful. Why do you think that such events are generally lead by idiots?
    You're forgetting about one political revolution that was successfully lead by morons: THE ELECTION OF DONALD TRUMP! Not all revolutions have to be violent.

As for my hypothetical revolt by Trump fans over an impeachment, it was a bit of hyperbole on my part to suggest a Civil War. But if nothing else, it would lead to more divisiveness in this country than we already have.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options

Wait for it it's coming i bet any amount that he issues statement saying , he swooped in to save the day to save the kids from this horrible policy that the democrats implemented ! 
    Yeah it's pretty obvious that will be the case...if he hasn't said it already.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,537

And United too...

• Options
    edited June 2018

evil piece of shit. 
    Yup, a HUGE piece of shit. Now to see how in the fuck they're going to manage reunited the thousands of kids and parents they already separated since April - I agree with Ledbetterman10; I can't see that going well at all.... I will also be keeping my eye on these tent cities and shit, where I'm going to guess we'll now see families suffering in rather than just children - better but still awful. I think the humanitarian crisis is far from over folks.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,575
    A whole lot of brown noses in that oval orifice.

“If you’re strong, then you don’t have any heart”: Read the full transcript of Trump’s immigration meeting - Vox https://apple.news/AI0UdKqtaTLCILmmMxtXpOg

Listen to that gurgle. Holy Christ.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Nice news brief by The Onion, lol.

Americans Finally Recognize Own Country Again After President Does Half-Assed Job Walking Back Humanitarian Crimes

WASHINGTON—Claiming that the newly signed executive order ending the separation of immigrant families at the border was a return to the United States’ most foundational principles, Americans reportedly finally recognized their own country again Wednesday after witnessing the president do a half-assed job walking back humanitarian crimes. “Now that Trump has agreed to slightly ratchet down these cruel and inhumane policies of his own making, we are once again the nation I know and love,” said Leanne Silvers, 29, echoing the sentiments of 320 million citizens who expressed their relief that the government had at long last renewed its commitment to diluting the most explicit human rights violations without fundamentally changing anything. “Now that this dark chapter in our history is over, we can once again serve as a city on a hill, a living symbol to all of slapping a Band-Aid on a horrific crisis and declaring it fixed forever. This is who we are. God bless America.” At press time, the nation’s citizenry had reportedly reaffirmed its sacred right to completely ignore human rights abuses as soon as they were off the front page.

https://www.theonion.com/americans-finally-recognize-own-country-again-after-pre-1826996830?utm_source=TheOnion_Daily_RSS&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=&utm_term=