*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    edited June 2018
    JK_Livin said:
    I love that Adam Silver is upset that he has to discuss this during the finals. Stay out of our shit.

Deal with it David Silver. This is the guy he foisted upon us. We got FOISTED.

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    JK_Livin said:
    I love that Adam Silver is upset that he has to discuss this during the finals. Stay out of our shit.

Deal with it David Silver. This is the guy he foisted upon us. We got FOISTED.

Ha!
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    edited June 2018
    Post edited by cutz on
    Any day now...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,169
    If they haven't fired him yet, clearly Commish Sméagol has told them not to.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier said:
    Or he wants it done after the Finals....seems like the story died down extremely fast for some reason.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    You know Jerry is involved with the mess now. Imagine trying to explain to an 80yr old guy what a twitter burner account is.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    Poncier said:
    or the organization is just incompetent. 
    JK_Livin said:
    You know Jerry is involved with the mess now. Imagine trying to explain to an 80yr old guy what a twitter burner account is.

Boy oh boy did we get foisted....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • DeamonDeamon Posts: 153
    Woj says Bryan and Barbara have both gone through multi-hour interviews, and that ownership will take the next 24-48 hours to evaluate if they should keep Colangelo. Their main question is if they can separate Colangelo from a family member.
    1998: Vancouver 7/19
    2005: Calgary 9/4
    2009: Calgary 8/8, San Diego 10/9
    2011: Calgary 9/21, Edmonton 9/23, Vancouver 9/25
    2012: Missoula 9/30
    2013: Calgary 12/2
    2014: Amsterdam1 6/16, Amsterdam2 6/17, Trieste 6/22, Berlin 6/26
    2016: Ottawa 5/8, Toronto 5/10, Toronto2 5/12
    2019: Dusseldorf 6/30 (EV)
    2022: Sacramento 5/18
    Deamon said:
    Woj says Bryan and Barbara have both gone through multi-hour interviews, and that ownership will take the next 24-48 hours to evaluate if they should keep Colangelo. Their main question is if they can separate Colangelo from a family member.
    i
    If that's the main question for me: He's Gots to GO!!

Some of the Tweets that came out are pretty damaging. Regardless who did the Tweets,  It's BAD PUB so the optics does not look  good at all. I think the 76ers have no choice but to let him go. Start with a new regime. NOW!>because the Draft & Free Agency start SOON. 
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    I don't know how you can keep him around with Embiid and Fultz here. It just makes zero sense.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,847
    I don't know how you can keep him around with Embiid and Fultz here. It just makes zero sense.
    Correct.

This is awful for Philly.  I don't wish this upon them but damn isn't it fitting?

https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/1554704

Report: 76ers believe Colangelo had no knowledge of Twitter accounts
    2h ago
    Mitchell Leff / Getty Images Sport / Getty
    PHILADELPHIA PA - JANUARY 24 General Manager Bryan Colangelo of the Philadelphia 76ers watches the game in the first quarter against the Chicago Bulls at the Wells Fargo Center on January 24 2018 in Philadelphia Pennsylvania The 76ers defeated the Bulls 115-101

There is a general belief inside the Philadelphia 76ers organization that president Bryan Colangelo had no knowledge of the Twitter accounts used to criticize some of the team's players and others, a source told NBC Sports Philadelphia's John Clark.

As a result, the organization is still trying to decide if it can go forward with Colangelo in an executive capacity in the wake of the fiasco, according to Clark.

Colangelo reportedly attended Sixers' predraft workouts on Wednesday, hours after a report indicated a decision on his future with the team could come imminently. Team executives met Tuesday to discuss Colangelo, his wife Barbara Bottini, and their connection to five Twitter accounts used to pass along inside information on the franchise and criticize people around the league.

Bottini has reportedly been a focus of the 76ers' investigation since last week. Various Twitter observers have made connections between the five accounts' follow lists, which include people associated with the Toronto high school the Colangelos' son attended.

Oh, this is complete goddamn bullshit.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Boom
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    He gone
    Finally, people did the right thing here.
    Thank you
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    ONLY choice the 76ers had.

But, still, GLAD they made it.
    Go pry Mike Zarren away from the Celtics 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Thank god for the Ringer. Those Colangelo's are fucking snakes.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:
    Thank god for the Ringer. Those Colangelo's are fucking snakes.
    The irony in all this is the Ringer writer is a staunch Process/Hinkie supporter and is well known for his dislike of the job Colangelo did. Add to that Sixers Twitter, who are mostly Processor’s, figuring the whole thing out. Strangely full circle way of ridding the franchise of this foisting. On to bigger and better things now
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Let the RUMORS fly!!

Gary Payton: LeBron Jr. committed to attend L.A.-area school this fall
    19h ago
    Chris Marion / National Basketball Association / Getty
    LOS ANGELES CA - FEBRUARY 18 LeBron James 23 of team LeBron walks with his son during the NBA All-Star Game as a part of 2018 NBA All-Star Weekend at STAPLES Center on February 18 2018 in Los Angeles California NOTE TO USER User expressly acknowledges and agrees that by downloading andor using this photograph user is consenting to the terms and conditions of the Getty Images License Agreement Mandatory Copyright Notice Copyright 2018 NBAE

Multiple stories over the last week have highlighted how LeBron James' family will influence his expected free agency this summer. Enter a nugget about his oldest son, LeBron Jr.

The 13-year-old is set to enroll at Sierra Canyon School in Los Angeles County this fall, Hall of Fame point guard Gary Payton told BSO's Sheena Quick. Payton, who is involved at the AAU level, added that the youngster known as Bronny will attend school with the sons of Scottie Pippen and Kenyon Martin.

Later Monday, a Sierra Canyon official told Spectrum SportsNet's Chris Palmer that there was no truth to the report.

Either way, the story is noteworthy because over the weekend, Dwyane Wade said that his close friend James will prioritize his family over team personnel decisions this summer. Meanwhile last week, a report indicated the only thing that would keep James with the Cleveland Cavaliers would be "pleading from family members."

James owns a house in Los Angeles and has been linked to the Lakers dating back to last season, when it became clear the team would have ample salary cap space this summer. The Clippers could be viewed as contenders for James' services as well, although a report from last year suggested he would never consider L.A.'s second NBA franchise.

LeBron Jr., who will enter Grade 8 this fall, is already considered a top basketball prospect in the class of 2023 rankings. Sierra Canyon serves grades 7-12, and alumni includes Marvin Bagley III, and Kendall and Kylie Jenner.

Good write up on Bridges (Nova) and his fit with Sixers on the Athletic today....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • DeamonDeamon Posts: 153
    Good write up on Bridges (Nova) and his fit with Sixers on the Athletic today....
    He'd be perfect.  Hoping he's around when we pick.
    1998: Vancouver 7/19
    2005: Calgary 9/4
    2009: Calgary 8/8, San Diego 10/9
    2011: Calgary 9/21, Edmonton 9/23, Vancouver 9/25
    2012: Missoula 9/30
    2013: Calgary 12/2
    2014: Amsterdam1 6/16, Amsterdam2 6/17, Trieste 6/22, Berlin 6/26
    2016: Ottawa 5/8, Toronto 5/10, Toronto2 5/12
    2019: Dusseldorf 6/30 (EV)
    2022: Sacramento 5/18
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    so draft talk...for Sixers as I stated Mikal Bridges is the best fit I think.  Saw a rumor they were exploring trading up to get him.  If not him I do like Kevin Knox as well.  I like Lonnie Walker a lot too.  think he will be a  good player down the line a bit.  Not a fan of Miles Bridges from Michigan State. Not sure where he fits in the NBA. Is he a 3 or a 4?  Wasn't all that impressed with him at Michigan State either.  Wasn't a big fan of Gilges-Alexander (i'm sure i spelled that wrong)  from Kentucky either.  I know a lot of people like his length for a point guard but I didn't think he did anything exceptionally well as a college player.   Should be an interesting draft with all the nova guys.

There was a rumor they were looking to jump into top 5 for Doncic if he slips a little. And I've seen they're interested in Trae Young too....

I'd stay at 10.

chinese-happy.jpg