TONIGHT’S LONDON SHOW POSTPONED

Comments

• SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,517
    BS44325 said:
    I'm willing to fill in for Ed on the Prague, Krakow, Berlin stretch as necessary
    Nobody wants Bill O' Reilley to fill in.
  • SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,912
    Just a reminder to please be kind to each other and the band. Please take the gossip elsewhere. Thank you

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,919
    Smellyman said:
    BS44325 said:
    I'm willing to fill in for Ed on the Prague, Krakow, Berlin stretch as necessary

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    Smellyman said:
    BS44325 said:
    Everybody needs to hear Bill O'Reilly sing Baba O'Riley once in their life.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,506
    Oh no, I hope Eddie's voice will recover okay! I imagine this kind of thing must be somewhat terrifying for any professional singer.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,141
    Im 'getting on that plane to italy. Hopefully tour will happen. If not. Well,it's how it is. Noone plan to get sick. Will be alot of Cost and lose Alot of money in flights and hotels but. Health is number one. Let's hope is something will pass quickly and he feels better.. I'm pretty sure Eddie is more concerned that us.. He is in pain right now and must sucks.. Feel better Eddie.. We are here to support u no matter what. 
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,919
    edited June 2018
    BS44325 said:
    Smellyman said:
    BS44325 said:
    Everybody needs to hear Bill O'Reilly sing Baba O'Riley once in their life.
    If you were a female employee at Fox there is a big chance you were forced to endure that at some point.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    I'm sure all of the Pearl Jam fans in London will make the best of it tonight and have one huge party.
  • Falling DownFalling Down Posts: 723
    Just the fact that yesterday he went all in (Deep, DTE, MYM) proves that he can't give less than 100%. Was lucky to see them yesterday, and it was good enough that it counts for two "average show". Will find something else to do in London tonight (even though I came here from Canada just for these two shows...) so get well Ed so that others can enjoy what I witnessed yesterday.

Montreal 98, 00, 03, 05, 11
    Toronto 03, 06, 11
    Ottawa 05, 11
    Quebec 05; Saratoga 00; Boston 04; Toledo 04
    Albany 06; Honolulu 06; Hartford 08
    Costa Rica 11
    London (Ont.), Hartford 13
    Quebec, Fenway 1 + 2 16; London 18
    EV Montreal (2), Berkeley II, Albany, Boston, London (UK)

• Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,472
    Sorry for those that made sacrifices to be there with no shot at another show.

• SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,517
    Im 'getting on that plane to italy. Hopefully tour will happen. If not. Well,it's how it is. Noone plan to get sick. Will be alot of Cost and lose Alot of money in flights and hotels but. Health is number one. Let's hope is something will pass quickly and he feels better.. I'm pretty sure Eddie is more concerned that us.. He is in pain right now and must sucks.. Feel better Eddie.. We are here to support u no matter what. 

I am getting on a plane to Italy too with my wife.  I will meet my brother and his wife who live in different countries from us.  No matter what we will have a great time and it is Pearl Jam that brought us together.  Even if they don't play.

• Micheyb21Micheyb21 UK Posts: 237
    Im gutted but at the end of the day i would rather all of the guys be healthy and happy than me stress about a canx show. Got to hang out and make some new friends so that was a bonus. Get well soon Ed and hopefully see you in Padua.
    2000 Cardiff/ 2006 Paris/ 2011 Toronto/ 2013 Chicago/ 2014 Amsterdam 1 & Milton Keynes, 
    2016 MSG 1 & 2/ 2017 London Ed solo/ 2018 London 1, Padua, Rome, Prague & London 2
    2019 Dusseldorf & Dublin Ed Solo  
    2022 Copenhagen, London 1&2, Budapest, Krakow, Vienna, Prague, Ams 1 & Ams 2
    2024 Manchester, London, Auckland & Sydney
  • edited June 2018
    Post edited by Sea on
    Dublin 00, Dublin 06, Madrid 07, Nijmegen 07, Rotterdam 09, Berlin 09, Manchester 09, London 09, Dublin 10, Belfast 10, East Troy PJ20 11 (1 & 2), Amsterdam 12 (1 & 2), L.A. 13 (1 & 2), Amsterdam 14 (1 & 2), Milan 14, Vienna 14, Berlin 14, Stockholm 14, Oslo 14, Boston 16 (1 & 2), London 18 (1 & 2).
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,826
    edited June 2018
    I'm not bothered  because  my heart is with all my fellow fans that travelled form 4 corners of the earth
     I saw so many trying to  get last min flight at extra cost or who l knows what. These are my dear friends and nobody moaned. Venue e
    Security  said to us
     I have never seen fans of any band react like this with no anger . That s testament  to all of us good folk. I had a panic attack last night and I was crying like a baby. And people from all over the world saved me and I had a gig I will never forget . Nobody was angry all sad but humble. Good work 10c people. My kind ..(mostly
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,204
    edited June 2018
    rangers72 said:
    Personally pissed off with this,this is my familys summer holiday and it would have been both my daughters first shows and they are utterly devastated.When will i be able to get my money back for tickets as i will use the money to take them to something else.
    G - R - E - E - D
    G - R - E - E - D
    Real classy. Someone not wanting to lose out on all the money they spent to see a band they love with their kids and that's your response. Not everyone can just blow this off and only be concerned for Ed no matter what it cost them. Not an easy decision for the band and a terrible situation for the fans.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,141
    I'm not bothered  because  my heart is with all my fellow fans that travelled form 4 corners of the earth
     I saw so many trying to  get last min flight at extra cost or who l knows what. These are my dear friends and nobody moaned. Venue e
    Security  said to us
     I have never seen fans of any band react like this with no anger . That s testament  to all of us good folk. I had a panic attack last night and I was crying like a baby. And people from all over the world saved me and I had a gig I will never forget . Nobody was angry all sad but humble. Good work 10c people. My kind ..(mostly
    Hope u are ok buddy.
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    Everybody go see pearl jamm  to night  great band .  Next best thing if stuck in London  all night @webbo
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • tbergs said:
    rangers72 said:
    Personally pissed off with this,this is my familys summer holiday and it would have been both my daughters first shows and they are utterly devastated.When will i be able to get my money back for tickets as i will use the money to take them to something else.
    G - R - E - E - D
    G - R - E - E - D
    Real classy. Someone not wanting to lose out on all the money they spent to see a band they love with their kids and that's your response. Not everyone can just blow this off and only be concerned for Ed no matter what it cost them. Not an easy decision for the band and a terrible situation for the fans.
    I am one of those fans who travelled from Ireland with family too, we took time off work, London is not cheap etc.
    That response about being pissed off is greedy.
    We need Ed back. We love this music.
    Dublin 00, Dublin 06, Madrid 07, Nijmegen 07, Rotterdam 09, Berlin 09, Manchester 09, London 09, Dublin 10, Belfast 10, East Troy PJ20 11 (1 & 2), Amsterdam 12 (1 & 2), L.A. 13 (1 & 2), Amsterdam 14 (1 & 2), Milan 14, Vienna 14, Berlin 14, Stockholm 14, Oslo 14, Boston 16 (1 & 2), London 18 (1 & 2).
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    tbergs said:
    rangers72 said:
    G - R - E - E - D
    G - R - E - E - D
    I am one of those fans who travelled from Ireland with family too, we took time off work, London is not cheap etc.
    it's not greedy. it's just someone reacting to a shitty situation. we all do it. all situations affect all people in different ways. just because your reaction is different than rangers doesn't make yours right. it just makes it right for you. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    very sorry for those that traveled.  this band has a lot of die hards and we all travel a lot.
    didnt a south american show get cancelled for weather this year as well?  tough year 

really sorry for everyone, im sure your fellow fans in the city will help to make the best of it.  go out with those in the same boat and do something fun.

and as bad as everyone feels i gotta think the band feels the worst knowing how many are affected.  hopefully a speedy recovery to ev

'98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • tbergs said:
    rangers72 said:
    G - R - E - E - D
    G - R - E - E - D
    it's not greedy. it's just someone reacting to a shitty situation. we all do it. all situations affect all people in different ways. just because your reaction is different than rangers doesn't make yours right. it just makes it right for you. 
    Ok. Maybe its interpretation of "pissed off"
    I always understood it as angry. No need for anger.
    But maybe rangers just means disappointed.
  • LeafLeaf Posts: 11
    Get well soon Eddie Vedder! Sorry for those who were to attend.
    Leaf
  • rylanrylan Posts: 206
    Oh man, worst news but I feel fortunate to have seen them once in Amsterdam and last night. Great shows and had a blast at both!! At least we’re in a beautiful city with lots to see and do. Hope Ed can rest up for the rest of the tour! Hoping for the best for everyone with plans to go to shows. Going to continue drinking pints for the duration of this evening. Take care all you beauties!
  • crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,418
    Damn. I feel for those affected, and hopefully EV recovers soon
  • SpinTheLastExitSpinTheLastExit Edinburgh, Scotland Posts: 398
    I looked at trying to get home tonight to preserve a work holiday in order to definitely attend the new date, but no dice. Too expensive. Doubt I'll be able to attend it. That's life.

I hope he's okay, pretty concerning to read about the post at first, but he's a determined one - he'll be back for his fans in no time.
    2012 – Manchester II
    2014 – Amsterdam I & II, Gdynia, Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2016 – Wrigley I & II
    2017 – Amsterdam III [EV]
    2018 – London I, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Wrigley I & II
    2019 – Dublin [EV]
    2022 – Copenhagen, Hyde Park I, St. Louis
    2023 – Chicago I & II
    I feel the band will make the rescheduled  show very epic
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• prlprl Posts: 125
    oh and for the record, I'm ok if there are no more EV zippos in the future if it means he is happy and healthy

And no more wine bottles to the front row too.
  • rangers72rangers72 lockerbie.uk Posts: 141
    tbergs said:
    rangers72 said:
    G - R - E - E - D
    G - R - E - E - D
    Ok. Maybe its interpretation of "pissed off"
    I always understood it as angry. No need for anger.
    But maybe rangers just means disappointed.
    Im greedy because i want my ticket money back so i can do other stuff with my kids.Im not a millionaire i am just a working class guy who was really forward to my kids seeing pearl jam for the first time.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,730
    I feel the band will make the rescheduled  show very epic
    I feel bad for the ones missing out but I am hoping for a July 16th reschedule. I think I can talk my wife into it.... or get divorced. It could go either way really at this point.  
  • SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,912
    edited June 2018
    Please be kind to each other and the band. See the Posting Guidelines.

Posting Guidelines

1. Be nice. We're very big on RESPECT here. Respect for each other, the band and the Ten Club Community forum environment. Please think of it as if you are as a guest in someone else's home. Please do not put your posting privileges at risk.

2. Discuss, disagree and debate politely. It's possible to disagree with people without being abusive, and it's a requirement here. This includes abusive Private Messages.

a. We operate on the "I'm rubber, you're glue" philosophy so if you make a wonderful, thoughtful post with good points and call the other guy a moron while you're at it, it'll be removed. See #3.

3. There are people bashing and insulting each other all over the internet. We feel it can be better here.

Post edited by Sea on
This discussion has been closed.